w66 Auto Updating Maps by Nickjer

DeletedUser

if you click on the little broken image box where they're supposed to be they come up in a new tab.. unsure why the don't show up in the thread though.

DeletedUser105025

I just get:

[SPOIL]404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:
map.k-io.com/maps/66/topktribes.png (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to map.k-io.com's WebMaster.[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Well, I got the picture and for me they're now back in the thread.. so may be fixed for you as well.

DeletedUser

Just an opinion: Can the time frame for the 'Top nobling tribes' map be reduced to something like 3-5 days (as opposed to the current 7 days) since the numbers are getting pretty high and the differences are more noticeable with that shorter window of time?

DeletedUser110627

I dont think they will love that, but they have to admit it or deal with it :)

DeletedUser

It's not missed, it's just that there is no one to keep this thing on track...

DeletedUser

i think technically dark is supposed to update it... idk i'll tell him

DeletedUser

where does the qr code go? :s

edit: it's a link to a bitcoin account for donating to nickjer :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105025

Do we think the maps should show families ?

Due to the worlds winning conditions etc...

The world has a dominance based winning condition. Once a tribe reaches 60% dominance, the world will automatically close to registrations and the endgame phase will begin. At this point, restarts will be disabled. This will last for 90 days, after which automatic peace will come into effect and the world will end shortly after. Only one tribe can win the world. An allied win is not possible.

DeletedUser

Yes.

Since a family tribe is easily gotten rid of at this point of the world, be it through internalling or other methods, it may not reflect a true amount of control at the current time but it is an effective measure for easily realizable control of the world.

Auphan has the largest family tribe, 21 million. Auphan nobles an average of 56-69 villages a day (using the 3 day measure from the nobling map and the 7 day measure from tribe rankings on twstats) but those rates could easily double or triple if there was an urgent need to consolidate control in preparation for the world ending.

The most recent example of quick consolidation being EGO, which went from ~12 million to essentially 0, in just about 3 weeks. Of course if claims were effectively managed and moved on it would've gone faster, but the point is that a family tribe despite not being counted in the true control % at end time could easily be eaten up by the main tribe with very short travel times and little effort in a pinch.

[spoil]
I didn't mean to write so much but i'm incredibly bored.[/spoil]

DeletedUser105025

Yeah, not the largest family tribe but certainly close.

Would take a fair amount of time to fully noble a family tribe out. You can only go so far where recruitment is concerned. EGO had 3-4 active accounts and the rest were already being internalled or deleted.

I see your point though... the condition doesn't mean you cant keep any other tribes around either, just means that only the #1 tribe holding the 60%+ at the end, will be the winner. No other tribes can share in that.

DeletedUser

Yeah, not the largest family tribe but certainly close.

I meant the largest single tribe that is part of a family, auph4n.

And the ego ~12 mill was what was left to be nobled after everybody left so i was more leaving it in straight nobling speed terms.

if a family tribe was removed from the main tribe then i'd say not to include it on the maps but for the most part each little tribe is contained within the borders of the main tribe so maintaining control of those villages for later consolidation isn't much of a worry by my estimation.