W66 player choice awards

DeletedUser

Neither Wee f. or Ther f. was anywhere near double the size of Zips f., as I recall they were both damn close to evenly matched. Ther simply blew you away to begin with because of positioning/overextended front with little forethought put in to the war and thus you were labeled underdogs because you were 500 vills down in a month, and pushed out of k65. Even making me "pity sit" two of your frontline players. Ther at it's worst had maybe 110% the points that zips did.

Meanwhile, EGO was, except for a brief few weeks, always fighting more than one enemy tribe that had a ridiculous point advantage against us. To compare the two tribes in such a way is purely idiotic since zips was never on the receiving end of anything remotely threatening.

DeletedUser

Neither Wee f. or Ther f. was anywhere near double the size of Zips f., as I recall they were both damn close to evenly matched. Ther simply blew you away to begin with because of positioning/overextended front with little forethought put in to the war and thus you were labeled underdogs because you were 500 vills down in a month, and pushed out of k65. Even making me "pity sit" two of your frontline players. Ther at it's worst had maybe 110% the points that zips did.

Meanwhile, EGO was, except for a brief few weeks, always fighting more than one enemy tribe that had a ridiculous point advantage against us. To compare the two tribes in such a way is purely idiotic since zips was never on the receiving end of anything remotely threatening.

TheR including wee that we were fighting at the same time was much bigger than that, but you ex EGO guys seem to have tinted glasses on when talking about your former tribe, I should expect as much purely from the tribal name.

What annoys me is people slating how zips have gone about anything, especially if you are currently in zips. If you really wanted to put your money where your mouth is then you should never of left EGO but gone down with your ship instead.

People constantly belittling zips and their members.

Describing my remark as idiotic Nathan is again wrong, my opinion is mine and it can differ from both yours and spencer. I do not need either of you to agree with me, but I will continue to defend our tribe.

As I have said to you and others, if you do not like it in zips then leave.

DeletedUser

Describing my remark as idiotic Nathan is again wrong, my opinion is mine and it can differ from both yours and spencer. I do not need either of you to agree with me, but I will continue to defend our tribe.

I wasn't referring to your opinion as idiotic, I was referring to the factual bit about anyone being double the size of zips.

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
We declared on The Wee without anyone else, then fought theR and theE until Auphan joined in on the fun.

I'm pretty sure that it only took a couple of weeks before Auphan joined into the war so you weren't fighting alone for very long.

However, I have nothing bad to say about the skills of several of the frontline ZIPS players. Your tribe obviously has some very strong players who also coordinate well together in terms of shuffling support around and attacking together. And you have done well at trying to only fight one war at a time which has clearly benefited you.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure that it only took a couple of weeks before Auphan joined into the war so you weren't fighting alone for very long.

However, I have nothing bad to say about the skills of several of the frontline ZIPS players. Your tribe obviously has some very strong players who also coordinate well together in terms of shuffling support around and attacking together. And you have done well at trying to only fight one war at a time which has clearly benefited you.

Agreed, it was not long before Auphan joined in on the war. I make no excuses about our diplomacy and how we have handled things, we always tried not to bite off more than we can chew.

DeletedUser37628

I feel like I have to say this, but as someone who never really knew what was going on in the NW, EGO always struck me as a fighting tribe, they were constantly fighting larger tribes. Even in startup I remember they were hated and I was thinking they were going to die off at some point, but they seemed to hold their own quite well. As an outside observer, I was always more impressed with EGO as fighters than I was with ZIPS. So, take that for what it's worth.

DeletedUser

It's because I try to make it fun for the people attacking me. One from suitup even gifted me his vills when he quit. I try to get as many people in on the attacking as possible for reaching optimal fun levels.

I guess eventually it snowballed and other people started to bear the brunt of the attacks and they weren't as eager as I am. sad face.

DeletedUser108070

ZIPS has played smart diplomacy. I don't know how good their players are, but they have done absolutely nothing to make me think they will do anything short of wither and die if auphan attacks them. Maybe they will stay on good terms with Auphan to the end

Auphan "quit" world 62 ...

darkaniken2

TheR is a pretty shitty example cinders. They smashed ZIPS right up until Auphan joined the war, and as nathan said, EGO were sitting some of your frontline accounts, though by that point there wasn't a whole hell of a lot anyone could do to save them.

ZIPS is in the top spot because it recruited the ex Alpha players after EGO beat the shit out of suitup, causing them to splinter and fall apart. ZIPS is in the top spot because it sat back and watched as its ally got hit by two tribes on two fronts and did little more than barb noble. ZIPS is in the top spot by backstabbing that ally, recruiting their players, and then eating what was left once EGO could no longer motivate its players to keep fighting a battle where we were outnumbered 2-1 or more while our 'ally' did nothing.

ZIPS has certainly played a good diplomatic game, but don't try to make yourselves out to be a great tribe. At least those of us in EGO actually did what we said we would and fought anyone and everyone who came our way, rather than sitting back fighting only safe battles.

And, for the record, I didn't leave EGO. I took a month off and EGO fell apart while I was gone.

DeletedUser108663

Nice to see our enemies(Jorge) sticking up for zips, while 2 of our members slag them off.

at the end of the day ZIPs are here and EGO aren't. ZIPs are rank 1, EGO aren't. Whether that's through backstabbing, lying, cheating, 'barb nobling', great players, good recruitment, whatever. We've played the game better than EGO could manage, and therefore EGO died and ZIPs didnt.

DeletedUser

He's saying there may be no need to fight auphan or stay diplomatically tied to auphan since they may decide to quit this world as well (i assume).

DeletedUser108070

How is that relevant?

an "organized" war hadn't even begun and they deleted ... however, they knew it was coming and left a tribe or two swinging in the wind ... a few who post here can attest to that

DeletedUser108070

TheR is a pretty shitty example cinders. They smashed ZIPS right up until Auphan joined the war, and as nathan said, EGO were sitting some of your frontline accounts, though by that point there wasn't a whole hell of a lot anyone could do to save them.

ZIPS is in the top spot because it recruited the ex Alpha players after EGO beat the shit out of suitup, causing them to splinter and fall apart. ZIPS is in the top spot because it sat back and watched as its ally got hit by two tribes on two fronts and did little more than barb noble. ZIPS is in the top spot by backstabbing that ally, recruiting their players, and then eating what was left once EGO could no longer motivate its players to keep fighting a battle where we were outnumbered 2-1 or more while our 'ally' did nothing.

ZIPS has certainly played a good diplomatic game, but don't try to make yourselves out to be a great tribe. At least those of us in EGO actually did what we said we would and fought anyone and everyone who came our way, rather than sitting back fighting only safe battles.

And, for the record, I didn't leave EGO. I took a month off and EGO fell apart while I was gone.

why didn't EGO recruit the ex-Alpha's? Perhaps they'd still exist today ... i can hear it now, "we didn't recruit to win wars ... " No, you didn't ... where did that get you?

Let's be honest, EGO went through what we'll call an "inactive" period to say the least (perhaps it was that month off you took?)... When i was with PEND, along with several others who joined ZIPS, it was glaringly obvious, and i for one (with several others in PEND especially), were ready to make a "break", made plans, and wanted to take advantage of that. ZIPS loyalty to it's ally prevented that ... but how could they go on being an ally to a dead/inactive tribe (not including the pity-sitting of course)?

Before anyone goes on saying, "PEND didn't stand a chance..." or "we weren't worried about PEND..." it's a moot point ... as sakit said, EGO is no more ... for whatever reason those in/from EGO decided to "go on" by joining a side, as we all do ... why be angry or bitter when that choice was made, not by ZIPS, SuitUp, |TheR| or Auphan, but by those who no longer could bother continuing or those who wanted to keep playing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103075

Alpha players left suitup for ZIPs when ZIPS joined the fight against suitup, EGO tribe beating alpha players never happened at any point of the game.

regarding Zips loosing K65, those were 2 alpha players recruited by zips there and surrounded by enemies so they surely lost that area but regain plenty in other Ks shortly after, anyway before auphan joined the fight I believe (not totally sure about the timings here so I may be lightly wrong)

DeletedUser

As Marco has pointed out those 2 players that got "smashed" as you put it, were remote and TheR did a fantastic job on them.

ZIPS is in the top spot because it recruited the ex Alpha players after EGO beat the shit out of suitup, causing them to splinter and fall apart.

Really, EGO beat suitup? They stalled from what I remember.

ZIPS is in the top spot because it sat back and watched as its ally got hit by two tribes on two fronts and did little more than barb noble. ZIPS is in the top spot by backstabbing that ally, recruiting their players, and then eating what was left once EGO could no longer motivate its players to keep fighting a battle where we were outnumbered 2-1 or more while our 'ally' did nothing.

That is not the real reason that we are top spot, but again with those EGO tinted glasses. I will take responsibility for changing diplomacy with EGO mainly down to a clash of personalities. I still stand by that decision. We never back stabbed, the diplomatic stance was changed long before we offered certain players invites.

You could of fought Zips, why was that not an option?

But your account has left EGO and is no longer in EGO, so it left EGO.

DeletedUser

As Marco has pointed out those 2 players that got "smashed" as you put it, were remote and TheR did a fantastic job on them.

ZIPS had plenty of time to stack them before war broke out with TheR but PEND making plans against EGO(and so not participating in support) and lack of forethought were what lost you those two players. TheR didn't do anything too exciting to carpet and x___ whatever his name was. I sat both and tagged all incoming for carpet when he initially left for a few days. There was nothing there that couldn't be seen coming.

Really, EGO beat suitup? They stalled from what I remember.
ego beat suitup, brief nap, suitup comes back with 2 allies to try and finish the job, ego stalls. Ergo, yes, EGO beat suitup before they got help.

You could of fought Zips, why was that not an option?
end game plan was always to merge the two tribes. Leftover from core's leadership and was always the mindset of those in the know in ego

DeletedUser

ego beat suitup, brief nap, suitup comes back with 2 allies to try and finish the job, ego stalls. Ergo, yes, EGO beat suitup before they got help.

Where is EGO now? More rose tinted glasses.

end game plan was always to merge the two tribes. Leftover from core's leadership and was always the mindset of those in the know in ego

Nope, that plan changed once Dan stepped down.

At the end of the day if EGO were as good as you think that they were then you should not of disbanded, you should of fought on and proved to us all how awesome you guys really were.

Again, sick to death of Zips slating Zips, press that "Leave tribe" button. Reform EGO, fight the world and win.

http://en66.twmaps.org/archive/1376124953

This is a map at the start of the war between Zips and TheR, TheE, WEEE. They had a collective of 3781 more villages than we had (Zips and PEND) so you guys are right (again). Not twice the size but still larger.

Yes you can then say, well Auphan joined a few weeks later as an excuse but let me enjoy my rose tinted glasses and tell you we are number 1 and EGO are defunct.

DeletedUser

simply correcting your subjective view of the world's history. I don't care any more about ego than I do about zips.

Your views are not subjective? I find that very hard to believe from your posts.

If you do not care about either then why post?

If you do not care about Zips then I will keep repeating myself, hit the leave tribe button find what account Congo is playing and go toe to toe just the two of you.