w70 Updating Maps - Nickjer Code, Manually Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel2society101

Great map, thanks for doing this Repinski.

Would it be possible to change the color of RiF to a darker color? It is difficult to make the distinction between T-F-C and RiF because of the similar color scheme! Thanks in advance if you can.

Repinski

​Colors are assigned randomly unless I specifically assign them to someone. Will look into it when I have time.

DeletedUser59417

i can see my villages from here. =) Truly a great map. if someone could do a recap on who the main tribes are fighting as far as wars go that would be helpful. This world has mostly been internals and bigger tribes picking on smaller ones. This world has the talent for a major world war. When the timing is right i do hope to be around to see the out break of the world war.

Repinski

Marking basher tribes as family tribes. We're at the stage of the game where that is basically what they are and I sent a request for a poll to be made on the matter to the world mod several days ago which got ignored so just going to do it.

Repinski

Seems like someone forgot to update this today.

?

looks like it updated to me they've all got a 28th timestamp etc

They auto update. I just manage settings that affect the update. If it's still showing the 27th for you, try clearing your cookies anc cache.

Occasionally they won't update and when that happens it is an issue on Nickjer's end and not mine. I can't do anything to fix that aside from email him.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the reply Repinski :icon_smile: I appreciate your speed and dedication.

Sadly it doesn't seem to work too well for me anymore. After that one time it did update but always by one day off until now where it is still showing the maps from two days ago. I get that it isn't an issue on your end but I'm surprised this just started happening from one day to another. ~50 consecutive days I have checked this thread and never had an issue with the updating. Maybe there is something wrong on nickjers end and they didn't realize it yet. Maybe you could probe a little for me, and of course the whole community of W70? :icon_wink:

On another note: Is there an archive with past maps somewhere, and if so could you direct me to where I could find those? That would be pretty amazing

Repinski

Thanks for the reply Repinski :icon_smile: I appreciate your speed and dedication.

Sadly it doesn't seem to work too well for me anymore. After that one time it did update but always by one day off until now where it is still showing the maps from two days ago. I get that it isn't an issue on your end but I'm surprised this just started happening from one day to another. ~50 consecutive days I have checked this thread and never had an issue with the updating. Maybe there is something wrong on nickjers end and they didn't realize it yet. Maybe you could probe a little for me, and of course the whole community of W70? :icon_wink:

On another note: Is there an archive with past maps somewhere, and if so could you direct me to where I could find those? That would be pretty amazing

Keep in mind timezone differences as well. Not saying this is the issue but it is something to be mindful of. Nickjer is one the US east coast which is GMT -5. The time stamp on the maps are in his timezone and they only update once a day. If you're in somewhere like Australia there is a good chance you are about 16 hours ahead of him. This means if it is 11:20 PM (23:20 military time) Monday night for him, it is 3:20 PM (15:20 military time) Tuesday afternoon for you. That is almost a full day ahead and depending on your sleep/school/work schedules it could very easily be you never play TW which Australia and the US East coast are on the same day which would lead to the maps appearing to be a day behind when they are not.

Like I said, that may not be the actual cause but it is something to be mindful of. The maps only update once a day and so that paradox is possible.

As for a map archive, sorry there isn't one. Past maps are only available if you save the maps yourself each day or each week etc. and then look at them a few months/years later.

DeletedUser

Regardless of the person's time zone, the maps are behind in regard to ST. And that's not just for this world it's for all. Perhaps nickjer hasn't been getting enough donations.

Repinski

-LGN- and DSy4 added as a family on the maps in light of their merge. Will be shown with the next update.

DeletedUser

Hmm... Why am I receiving complaints about this world? If the tribe leader doesn't want to be included in a family, you have to remove them Repinski. Too many complaints then mods remove the maps from the forums. So you need to fix it :)

Repinski

They're complaining to complain. I heard zero complainsts about marking -LGN- and DSy4 as a family due to them merging. They're just trying to get me in trouble :p

Status
Not open for further replies.