w77 moderator

• Thread starter DeletedUser93066
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowitsover

A couple years ago, someone made an independent Tribal Wars forum which would have no modding as some kind of protest. Nothing of substance got posted, a huge amount of cursing and whatnot and the forum died kinda right away.
It is of course for everyones enjoyment if the boundires of moderation in a Worlds forum doesn`t have Sharp edges in order to discussions florish and all.. But the part missing is that most of the threads often gets so soaked with replies without much of an actual substance that anything that has any World related value gets drowned.
This forum is supposed to be for enjoyment for the whole TW Community. But it isn`t. Some posters who has been around several years seems to have missed out on the general opinion of the forum being an arena for a click creating an air of a large amount of chatter which has really not much of a value other than craking inside jokes and having a few laughs while being very Quick with bashing less experienced posters (in general,there are off course exceptions).
My personal opinion is that Andy has done a good effort in with related information and conversations. He is regularly active, helpfull, easy to get an hold on and have actually common sense enough to let quite a bit pass so the forum gets quite of a mix. As well as being open to critisizm and being keen on improving the way he moderates. Personally I think he is one of the best so far. And yea, I have also received an infraction from him but it was called for.
The forum rules and how those are executed in moderation are quite reasonable from my point of view. My 2 cents.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A couple years ago, someone made an independent Tribal Wars forum which would have no modding as some kind of protest. Nothing of substance got posted, a huge amount of cursing and whatnot and the forum died kinda right away.
It is of course for everyones enjoyment if the boundires of moderation in a Worlds forum doesn`t have Sharp edges in order to discussions florish and all.. But the part missing is that most of the threads often gets so soaked with replies without much of an actual substance that anything that has any World related value gets drowned.
This forum is supposed to be for enjoyment for the whole TW Community. But it isn`t. Some posters who has been around several years seems to have missed out on the general opinion of the forum being an arena for a click creating an air of a large amount of chatter which has really not much of a value other than craking inside jokes and having a few laughs while being very Quick with bashing less experienced posters (in general,there are off course exceptions).
My personal opinion is that Andy has done a good effort in with related information and conversations. He is regularly active, helpfull, easy to get an hold on and have actually common sense enough to let quite a bit pass so the forum gets quite of a mix. As well as being open to critisizm and being keen on improving the way he moderates. Personally I think he is one of the best so far. And yea, I have also received an infraction from him but it was called for.
The forum rules and how those are executed in moderation are quite reasonable from my point of view. My 2 cents.

Having never played a world Dawolf has modded I will reserve my opinion of him till a later date.

I agree boundaries should be in place I'm merely suggesting these boundaries be placed a little further afield and allow for some off-topic discussion to occur if its causing no harm and actually getting people to discuss matters..

I particularly liked this part. A thread was closed earlier today for being off-topic. I went through it and counted 18 instances of on-topic posts and 10 off-topic posts. 5 of the off-topic posts came from yourself.

Perhaps taking what you want to see happens on these forums and putting it into practice would be beneficial?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I agree boundaries should be in place I'm merely suggesting these boundaries be placed a little further afield.

I see your point, but I've compromised as much as I am willing to on offtopic discussions already. I think that certain discussions are unnecessary, and are very likely to end up offtopic. Threads where a player is tooting the horn of a tribe they're not in, in an apparent attempt to make them look bad, are threads that I count among those.

A legitimate thread on a tribe is one thing, and I'll look at those as they come. Within, in particular, I don't think there is enough to discuss about to be able to stay on topic right now, especially as they have minimal forum presence themselves. However, W2V, for example, has a decent forum presence and a lot of people who have opinions on them, and as such their thread remains open.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I see your point, but I've compromised as much as I am willing to on offtopic discussions already. I think that certain discussions are unnecessary, and are very likely to end up offtopic. Threads where a player is tooting the horn of a tribe they're not in, in an apparent attempt to make them look bad, are threads that I count among those.

I thought PnP stood for Politics and Propaganda. Isn't that part of that, making the opposition look bad? Now the guy whose thread you closed is spreading to other threads to make Within look 'bad'.

A legitimate thread on a tribe is one thing, and I'll look at those as they come. Within, in particular, I don't think there is enough to discuss about to be able to stay on topic right now, especially as they have minimal forum presence themselves. However, W2V, for example, has a decent forum presence and a lot of people who have opinions on them, and as such their thread remains open.

Because a moderator thinks there is not enough to talk about a tribe or because the tribe in question does not have a large enough forum presence is not a good enough reason to close a thread. In either case the thread should be left to die on its own accord as long as the majority of posts remain on-topic.

As I said before in the topic at hand there were 18 account of on-topic discussion and 10 account of off-topic. I agree this is too high but when 5 of the off-topic posts are made by the same individual it begs the question why not just be harsher on said individual, remind people to stay on topic and see what happens?

DeletedUser

To be honest, one of those Within threads was a bit on topic. I think if you let that guy have his moment with one thread he probably wouldn't be spamming the rest with the exact same things..Much more on topic than the Bacon thread for example.

Most of Within reads these forums, and a fair few of us are regular posters as well.. There's so much off topic I don't read half the threads, only ones I feel are relative to my tribe or are somewhat important, so you deleting anything to do with Within because you think we have not enough to talk about is kinda silly.. You expect that the people from Within want to read 10+ pages of spam about bacon, but not the 2 pages of somewhat relative info on our own tribe?

DeletedUser

You expect that the people from Within want to read 10+ pages of spam about bacon

No, that is actually the experience that informs the decision to lock the Within thread. Without that thread getting spammed to all hell, the Within thread doesn't get locked so quickly.

DeletedUser111495

You can have any argument without calling people stupid. There is just not a need for it. If someone's stupid, the readers can connect the dots. You don't have to point it out.
What if there real name or account name is actually called 'Stupid' would it be rude to address them like that? Just saying...
0ae46a308108e9408a46cf499b9947db7654ac17192e7727dfb805226ac49bf3.jpg

DeletedUser116462

No, that is actually the experience that informs the decision to lock the Within thread. Without that thread getting spammed to all hell, the Within thread doesn't get locked so quickly.

I completely understand DaWolf, its your job to manage these forums and I trust your judgement.

DeletedUser

That thread was way off topic from the get go, yet just a couple posts above when you locked it the Within one was on topic... Infract/delete the spam ones and let the threads live instead of locking them so quick. No one wants to read threads about pit levels and random crap, but that's about the only things open (even though they're just a spammy)

DeletedUser93066

This forum should be closed a while back.. I've stated what I have felt in previous worlds with Andy being the forum mod which he has acknowledged, apologized and promised to do his best.. That's a lot more than a lot of the mods ever offered us in like forever. So I believe that was the end of it. No point bashing him anymore or tickling his balls .. Not sure if that was appropriate using the balls part I mean. Just trying to humor you I guess. But hey Andy what'd you do if we don't break a rule or two now and then? You life will be boring and full of poster like withinisgreat. Imagine that?

DeletedUser

You're OP, I'm pretty sure you can request this thread be closed and he will do so.

DeletedUser88324

Andy, i see you are still making friends with your mad mod skills haha.

Personally been on a couple worlds moderated by Andy, he really ain't that bad. At least he is open to discussion sort of. :p

DeletedUser

Wow,no way are these guys going after Andy like this...imho I've played a world or two with him,wound up in the same tribe both worlds.guys pretty mellow,not one of those "omg I'm OP cuz I'm a modz" types of people.ease up and don't do anything to get an infraction,plain and simple

DeletedUser

This forum should be closed a while back.. I've stated what I have felt in previous worlds with Andy being the forum mod which he has acknowledged, apologized and promised to do his best.. That's a lot more than a lot of the mods ever offered us in like forever. So I believe that was the end of it. No point bashing him anymore or tickling his balls .. Not sure if that was appropriate using the balls part I mean. Just trying to humor you I guess. But hey Andy what'd you do if we don't break a rule or two now and then? You life will be boring and full of poster like withinisgreat. Imagine that?

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like this thread. It gives people somewhere to voice there concerns about the forum moderator in public and it gives Dawolf the chance to give his reasoning behind his actions.

I do NOT see the benefit in removing that.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

He want's the forums removed, not the thread. No one has the power to do that other than Jerry McCabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.