W77 - the end

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
World 77 is now at it's final stages. Many argue that anything can happen as a world draws closer to a close. I disagree I believe at this point of the game only a select few options are possible. This has been proven world after world. While it it not the case for all worlds, it certainly is for the vast majority. Especially on no hauls.

It is unfortunate that my time on this world has been limited. This is due to a number of reasons. The main issue being a lack of time. While I've made a great effort to leave the game my farewells have never been permanent although this world I've seen the least amount of game time compared to any past no/limited hauls world.

While I am stuck for time, I have decided to make what is presumably my final thread (W77) at least for an extended duration.

If we briefly look at past similar worlds for a moment:

W56 Winner W2V

End game merge didn't go as planned. W2V won the world comfortably.

W61 Winner Zombie

There were only ever two contestants on this world. Riot and Zombie. Zombie eventually won the world after a number of poor decisions (Sam lead Gians on this world)

W65 Winner Wobble

Were always going to win this world. They had dedicated skilled players who brought them over the line.

W69 Winner Knock

Once PFF mass deleted there was only ever going to be one winner.

W71 Winner W2V

Poor start up but once they got large accounts their team work would have beat any opponent. Royale played this world but lost the end-game battle.

W77 Winner TBD

Scenarios:

NAM

NAM are most likely to win this world if it was judged on skill alone. Sam has played his diplomacy well but the majority of it rolled out nicely for him. The decisions were basically already made for him. He has had many different leadership styles he has tried out and they have failed I believe this time he has the tribe to carry him over the line. They will try to be 'honorable' but get a final result as soon as possible. They do not enjoy endurance wars.

(1) They backstab RoyalE once Dharma are finished off.

(2) They backstab RoyalE and recruit Bacon giving them the element of surprise and a larger base of skilled players.

(3) They war Royale once everyone else is gone and then merge the best players.

(4) They war Royale once everyone is gone but do not merge.

RoyalE

(1) They backstab NAM once Dharma are finished off/recruit NIR

(2) They backstab NAM and recruit Bacon giving them the element of surprise and a larger base of skilled players.

(3) They war NAM once everyone else is gone and then merge the best players.

(4) They war NAM once everyone is gone but do not merge.

Dharma

These guys are doomed. Their players will already look to join which ever tribe they can. Will most likely join a smaller tribe in the hoes of gaining immunity or merging into NAM or RoyalE. By doing so it gives them an end game advantage.

Bacon

Will eat barbs until they decide who they will join. They will not win the world.

NIR

Join which ever side will take them. Similar to Bacon. Will most likely recruit some Dharma players in the coming week.

I know there are a lot of options there. I have left out the possibility of an NIR/Dharma/CIVIL/W2V alliance of any sort. It won't happen due to pride issues and they all know better.

NAM/RoyalE will have reservations from playing dirty as they have both played excellently so far and want to win it for themselves. The min issue that occurs for them is they can't approach a merge yet because if it emerges to the externals there is too much leverage between the rest of the tribes.

The final word.

NAM/RoyalE will finish off eating the other tribes around. Eventually one of them will make the move to either recruit NIR/Bacon and backstab eachother or they will eat the remaining tribes war and merge.

*I'm not fully up to date on all the politics at play.*

I'd love to open this discussion for people to make ONE final prediction on WHO will win the world and HOW.

darkness jordan

I agree tbh at this stage of the game there the only viable options the worlds pretty much NAM or royale world i would love to see that "NIR/Dharma/CIVIL/W2V alliance" it would certainly make the world more interesting but as Al has said its very unlikely

DeletedUser

I agree for the most part with nearly all of your potential options. Dharma is most certainly doomed in the near future, it seems unlikely that many of them with join RoyalE or NAM (at least at first). If a large amount of players from Dharma join either force, it will almost immediately end that endgame alliance for obvious reasons.
Many will certainly go to Bacon, Civil, NIR etc. Bacon's choices in recruitment over the next few weeks will be very key in whether or not they survive until the end of this world. If they overrecruit... especially refugees, they will be focused immediately.

DeletedUser116214

Damn dude, you outlined every possible logical scenario, except the bacon one "forever not ending hatred toward them". How'd you do that?

Deleted User - 10618707

Interesting Read. Though you forgot one possibility.

Nam and Royale implode from Internal Issues and join the Tribe that doesnt have internal issues, Bacon:lol:

DeletedUser

Good bye Murphy. Enjoyed your time here with all the entertaining posts you've made. I've been stuck, i honestly can't predict who the hells going to win this world and it bugs me. Ill probably say Royale though. Simple fact, Sam isn't known to stick Around that long, Krieger will

DeletedUser108753

Bit confused here, Royale and NAM scenarios are the same yet previously you state "NAM are most likely to win this world if it was judged on skill alone" and that Dharma are pretty much doomed.

So why would Royale get rid of an easy target in Dharma and fight a much harder target in NAM 1 on 1? Would be pretty stupid of them wouldn't it?

Deleted User - 10618707

Perhaps hoping to grow rapidly and have a size advantage.

DeletedUser

I personally believe that Dharma will be eaten or merged. Bacon will continue to plod along. W2V will continue to grow on the rim and when Dharma are gone W2V will once again get RoyalE's full hate-filled attention.
That is the exact point that the world will be won, because NAM will jump in and smash RoyalE while all their trains and nukes are waddling 3-4 days to W2V vills. RoyalE's leadership will all go awol claiming 'we only started this world to kill W2V and never cared about winning' and leave all their members to clean up the mess while NAM feast. For me thats the most likely outcome.

DeletedUser

My I ask y Dharma is being taken so lightly? Y all the doom and gloom? After all the h8in Dharma has been getting they have still been holding up well check out the war stats (Royal starting to pull away now after declaring and maybe an op?). Y R people sure Dharma is going to implode?

My prediction: RoyalE slow down bcuz Dharma proves tougher than expected NAM joins in and Dharma really starts struggling. Depending on how long NAM waits to hit and more importantly which side Bacon pics then I think Dharma might be enough to mean RoyalE don't get the world win and NAM walks ova a weakened Dharma for the world win.

Deleted User - 10618707

Well given the fact that Dharma has no other major wars( sorry civil), so they cant pull the war on all sides card, and they also knew that they were eventually going to be at war with Royale, hence they should have put the proper measures in place. There should be no reason why they are losing like they are.

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Interesting Read. Though you forgot one possibility.

Nam and Royale implode from Internal Issues and join the Tribe that doesnt have internal issues, Bacon:lol:

Im sure NAM has had less internal issues this world than Bacon :X Did you guys not have members leave for that exact reason?

NAM are supporting CIVIL.

Are we?

DeletedUser

RoyalE's leadership will all go awol claiming 'we only started this world to kill W2V and never cared about winning'

To be fair there is an actual quote ages back from the RoyalE duke stating that was the reason for coming here.

Deleted User - 10618707

Im sure NAM has had less internal issues this world than Bacon :X Did you guys not have members leave for that exact reason?

It was all a ploy to fool the world, apparently it worked:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

To be fair there is an actual quote ages back from the RoyalE duke stating that was the reason for coming here.

That's just an excuse for them - if they lose they can reference the comment saying "we only wanted to kill W2V"

But if they go further they can be all like "yeah well, we decided to see how we did - we didn't even try"

DeletedUser53562

Sorry, but for what exact reason, I'm lost?

Most of the accounts who have left were merged due to coplayers quitting or me kicking for lack of teamplay. The original team is - for the most part - still very much intact, albeit spread between a smaller number of accounts. I think I can honestly say we have not had any internal issues in this world. I've been leading rank one tribes since w25 and have dealt with a lot of shit during that time and believe I have a good grasp on the difference between normal tribe dynamics/predictable seasons of inactivity and internal issues.

There have been some personality clashes which resulted in certain coplayers being weeded out, but that's normal in any group of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and not something I would class as internal issues. I'm sure every tribe has experienced this. There was also tension early on in the W2V war, also predictable and normal.

Internal issues implies a tribe with low morale, inactivity, lack of faith in leadership, lack of teamwork and so forth. There's only one tribe in the top five that I see with most of those issues and they haven't been mentioned in said capacity in this thread. ;)

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My mistake I guess the accounts that left bacon actually left due to too much faith in the leadership and too much participation/team work Within the tribe.

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Another option is a small rim tribe emerges from the darkness and it's friends In higher places join there cause and end up winning the world from the outer rim!