w8 Hall of Fame

DeletedUser

hey guys...

this world has been open for some time now and was wondering who you guys think deserve to be in the world 8 hall of fame. this could be based on being a great warrior, diplomacy skills, forum personality or just simple presence and killing ability. i want to see what you guys think...

my nominations would have to be

skanderberg- for being a great warrior and setting the example
saphire-for great defensive and offensive performances when required.
dtatdm- a good leader and always had a good taste for blood.
hubertthehorrible-for being a good, persisent no nonsense warrior.
snaus-do i say anymore?
Agariba- for having those extra nobles noone else could seem to find.
platinum1- one of the reasons why the world is so good today.
Virkamies- for being a true warrior
dinu- for being a great loyal friend and fellow warrior.
vorky- for giving me a second wind.

i am missing a few a cant remember their names but if i have missed you out, i either have forgot your name or simple memory loss in general.

DeletedUser

Uritel - Love him or hate him, you couldn't help but respect him, both from his posts here to his leadership in game.

DeletedUser

tango minder- for keeping fenix strong with his stuburness lol

pani- always protects his members and pritty much a great leader

DeletedUser

1st, snaus, By far the best player this world had.

2nd, Virkamies, One of the best defending players i have come accross.

3rd, Backwards, Was a great player when he was in this world.

4th, DTATDM and Winner, I had my fall outs with them a few times but they ran REL well when they where active and hungry.

5th, platinum1, Just a good player all round.

spleen mage

The original Jaaz deserves a place, no questions asked.

DeletedUser

I have to put piesandcakes up, he was a big influence in SKB domination of the north west
he led us well

DeletedUser

so far all the names i recognise i agreee 100% with..

DeletedUser

I agree that snaus deserves a place in the hall of fame, but he isn't exactly the best player this world ever had. In my opinion, he's not even the best this world still has.

Without self-voting or anything, I'd say the best player on world 8 is virkamies. Just look at the ODA and ODD and how few of the village losses are tied in with the ODD.

Of course, while there are players that deserve a position in the halls of fame and/or infamy, I don't think we'd do people justice to simply list their names here without giving reasons, and then there are many reasons that can be given, and even then there will be disagreement on which players deserve a position based upon the reasons, etc. I think it does them better justice to remember them as what they were to us, and those wishing to know more can traverse through the sea of forum history. Most forum active players have already voiced their thoughts on the best players in other threads.

DeletedUser

I'd have put a few of NUKE in there too :)

Look at the ODD list and count how many nukers are still in there

Alien, phaidra, guvnor, R00kie, feniantr, chelas... Piece by piece excellent players if you ask me.

Aside that I think Kingfreak fits there too. Great attacker.

Don't forget the members of FEAR. I still wonder today what would've happend if they would still be arround :)

DeletedUser

So ...

You get to be in the hall of fame if you get attacked constantly and don't hit the "delete" button?

Sweet.

I'd like to think that "Hall of Fame" status depends on what you do, not what others do to you, but that's just me - your mileage may vary.

No discussion of "Top X" is complete without mentioning Alexander The Very Great. An absolute beast and pure warrior that knew the game inside and out. If he targeted you, you were gone. That simple.

Far better and more aggressive player than any of the wannabes from the old Bloc coalition.

DeletedUser

Well emptying Barbs to get your attack OD up is a nice way to reach top 20 and a spot in the hall of fame :)

Your little sarcasme goes both ways mate ;)

DeletedUser3967

I left W8, #2 ODA and that was before I decided to launch my nukes on N.O.

I was always ready for a fight, against anybody. I was always there when something was going down;

Some of my favs for the pick;

Snaus; By far best player in W8.
Virk - 2nd best, simply because whilst he grew and fought off REL/TRE, he did so behind his own tribe, where as Snaus - once Lucid had gone, he was on his own and he carried on and on..

Two of the best players though W8 ever saw, i'm proud to say I've played alongside and against Snaus & fought against Virk.

If there were two to pick, this would be them. Hate off to both of you

DeletedUser

yes but hall of fame can be anything...might be leadership skills, diplomatic skills...leaving an impression not all about the violence...

i remember ludgimaster..he was rank 1 for ages and was good..

DeletedUser3967

yes but hall of fame can be anything...might be leadership skills, diplomatic skills...leaving an impression not all about the violence...

i remember ludgimaster..he was rank 1 for ages and was good..

That's true. I like to think I've had an effect on every aspect of W8, including lack of diplomacy skills, arrogance, greatest, activeness, defiance hell... I could go on lol

DeletedUser

DTATDM do you ever do anything other than talk about yourself.

DeletedUser

I left W8, #2 ODA and that was before I decided to launch my nukes on N.O.

I was always ready for a fight, against anybody. I was always there when something was going down;

Some of my favs for the pick;

Snaus; By far best player in W8.
Virk - 2nd best, simply because whilst he grew and fought off REL/TRE, he did so behind his own tribe, where as Snaus - once Lucid had gone, he was on his own and he carried on and on..

Two of the best players though W8 ever saw, i'm proud to say I've played alongside and against Snaus & fought against Virk.

If there were two to pick, this would be them. Hate off to both of you

If snaus were the best, he wouldn't have quit the moment he saw Jaaz join [DT]. He would have stuck around and he would have held off [DT]. He couldn't, and he knew it. So, while he was at the top of his game, he decided to leave, just like that, before anyone could remove him from his position.

Snaus is now barbarian.

DeletedUser

1. virkamies - for being the best player in the world, as well as leading [DT] for quite a while.
2. snaus - for being the second best player in the world.
3. withering - for being a mathematical genius (though i understand that anyone outside DT/KNT wont really know the kinds of things im talking about).
4. el hippo - for creating better tools for TW than the creator's of TW have ever managed to create.
5. uritel - for being such a clever bastard at diplomacy.
6. ammyth and co. - for just being so bloody hardcore.
7. emyllis - for being no.1 in the world; obviously hes doing something right.
8. CSBoecker - for leading KNT for so long; obviously hes also doing something right.
9. jjsharpleton - for being the shakespeare of TW, and whose diplomacy skills have finally been given a chance to flourish. bonus points for being in the top 20 in the world.
10. phaidra - for being an amazing defender with several accounts at once against terrible odds.

DeletedUser3967

If snaus were the best, he wouldn't have quit the moment he saw Jaaz join [DT]. He would have stuck around and he would have held off [DT]. He couldn't, and he knew it. So, while he was at the top of his game, he decided to leave, just like that, before anyone could remove him from his position.

Snaus is now barbarian.

Jaaz joined [DT]? Is this the original Jaaz?

DeletedUser

Jaaz joined [DT]? Is this the original Jaaz?

I wouldn't know. Virk said Jaaz was coming to [DT] and I didn't ask questions. Then Jaaz was in [DT] and Snaus promised [someone - I think it was virk] that he'd delete his account because of it. It was about 12 days later when he went grey.