w8 Hall of Fame

After thinking about about it, I'm not really a fan of these "hall of fame" threads.

I started to draw up my list, using the standard/popular categories leaving me largely with the mainstream names , then being biased threw additional colleagues in.

So what is great about these names? I've come to the conclusion that it is they had the ability to stand on the shoulders of the tallest giants. Yes they had the individual skill to excel in these categories, but they would be far less without their skilled supporting (not just in terms of troops) friends.

I am personally far more interested to hear who the main supporting players are behind these mainstream choices and in particular what it is they have been doing to aid this particular player.

Take me for example, not exactly popular outside of Myriad (or even in approaching the end of my game) and not regarded as amongst the mainstream names I know, but I do feel I had impacted the world in some way (excluding FEAR bans).
Without the help of key players I would have most likely visited the rim long ago. I joined with a long term online friend Johncastle, which provided me with the stability of having someone I could trust and rely on 100%. We took a joint decision to join the tribe Myriad where we were taught the basics of the game by a player that was very influential to me known as "Mistress Kitty Cat" (I think!)
Cat was primarily a diplomatic duke, and it goes without saying that she taught me the value of diplomacy in terms of short, medium, and long term time frames. She also taught me the imperative value of making friends with the right influential players, a key one for me was I inherited "Tragluk" as a friend after Cat had left. Making friends with those not in direct contact with me comes unnaturally (I've not long discovered my Aspergers Syndrome which explains this) so I am grateful for the long lasting bridge Cat had built between Trag and myself. My external friends played a significant part in my personal expansion when coordinating/supporting and gifting villages when leaving the game.

Now to the internal (tribe) influences on my game...
I took Co-Duke with JohnCastle inheriting a core bunch of Myriadians that knew each other from other online games, setting the foundations for a fiercely loyal and dependable tribe, the foundations for personal and tribal success.
John and I never had to help each other significantly militarily speaking, but having to discuss issues and decisions certainly strengthened Myriadian leadership. When John went on a two week holiday he returned to Myriad at war with FEAR, which with hind sight was the right decision, but was still foolish lacking disciplined thought which John would have contributed.
A key baron for Myriad was Calira, looking back she was taken for granted, she did a lot of behind the scenes work that was immensely important to tribal function, taking me back to the "standing on the shoulders of giants" phrase which is literal in this case, she freed up the time for the tribe and my self to grow at her expense.
The "soldiers" play a vital part in players growth, having key players you can rely on to coordinate with is invaluable, you simply can't grow without taking barbs if you don't have someone to help you take on a decent enemy. Archi, Dumb Drum, Chippy, Mac, Midnight just a handful of those dependable players.
Lastly you can't forget the biggest contributors to the tribal community/family feel. They motivate the mainstream players to become and stay great. The reason to play the game. Myriad had a lot of characters that motivated you to advance and cap enemy villages even if you only bothered to so that their caps wouldn't be targeted for re-cap, yours could so more villages were held. They kept the forums active, and the tribe active just so they could participate in forums for fun, fun being what we use to play for before the game became a chore!
We even had imaginary characters in Myriad, 100,000 of my heavy mules were sent up to K25(I think... Up north anyway!) to protect a village were MacDonkey lived! I cant remember the full story behind it but that donkey fathered lots of my mounted units!.. And they went to protect daddy and not even I could stop them!

I've written way too much, and it doesn't easily fit in with my original "who made the great players great" question... Well it does... Just very long winded =]

bronzl

I love your story 13967, what you saying is absolutelly true :)

Btw long time no hear :)

DeletedUser

I was leader of (UNK) in ages when NG lived :p

(UNK) divided into two part after a while. One part including me joined REL, The other part made SOL.

Wow now there's an old name and some old tribes. Never talked to you but definitely heard of you...somehow.

UNK was my original worst fear

DeletedUser

At that time, when TIO joined REL - which effectively started, or stirred up the REL/UNIRO war, those days were probably some of the most fun days i've had in TW.

Yup.. maybe just before we joined.. I remember the tribe everyone was active and all were good friends with eachother. You may think 40 is a lot to have everyone knowing eachother well but I knew each individual player very well and became really good friends with quite a few of them..

sad to see us split up but really there was no way we could carry on fighting UNIRO. We were only winning because we used up all our offensive straight away in the hope they would stop the war when they seen the damage we could do. We just needed more players 1200 vs 40 is never going to be easy for the 40 players.

DeletedUser3967

Yup.. maybe just before we joined.. I remember the tribe everyone was active and all were good friends with eachother. You may think 40 is a lot to have everyone knowing eachother well but I knew each individual player very well and became really good friends with quite a few of them..

sad to see us split up but really there was no way we could carry on fighting UNIRO. We were only winning because we used up all our offensive straight away in the hope they would stop the war when they seen the damage we could do. We just needed more players 1200 vs 40 is never going to be easy for the 40 players.

Well.... UNIRO got what they asked for when they were ripping into THE, REL turned up the heat and showed them where K25 exactly was.

DeletedUser

I say, Is Krono5 not up there in the early glory days of W8? I was neighbour to Krono5 back then, good friends, we always exchanged tips.

DeletedUser

The NG guy who ended permanent banned for multi account or using a bot/scripts ?

I love your story 13967, what you saying is absolutelly true :)

Btw long time no hear :)

Thanks, I do pop in from time to time just to catch up, it's amazing how little the game matters once you have been freed from it =]

(Play UK1 as Sotonian - but that has settings to protect you from the super geeks so you have a better life/tw balance =])

I should be in this HOF for causing topics like this:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=3790555&highlight=feverient#post3790555

Anywhoo, Nuke is in negotiations with Myriad to make an informal partnership, which, if it works out, will act as a prelude to a merger.

You didn't hear that from!

[spoil]
planplanpnp.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I hope not. It will just make the stats look worse for Myraid.

Both tribes are surrounded for all intent by [DT]

But I am sure both are in talks with Fenix, the new Clorox of w8.

DeletedUser

Aw kondoo, demonising other tribes already? How cute :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

[DT] are abhorrent. We all know they'd have collapsed if KNT hadn't stepped in to save their hide. And as KNT is mostly Suigen players, this means Suigen saved them! :p

[DT], you're living on borrowed time :3