Want to make a complete defensive village

crisis54

Basically, I want my first village to be completely defensive. Meaning no axes, light cav., rams, or catas.

Right now I'm in the 1000 point range of my village. Just wondering, in the end, is it better to have all heavy cav. or to have all sword/spears as my army? I'm on a world with no archers.

DeletedUser

What world is it?

Anyway, if your not very active, 10k swords and 10k spears would be your best bet. If your active I'm not sure what to use with troop combonations, you'll need someone elses opinion

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I would personally say you should build:

6000 spears
6000 swords
1000 scouts
1000 heavy cavalry
100 catapults

The spears and swords make for great defense, the scouts make for a good "cloud around your village", so your opponent can't figure it out, the heavy cavalry are good for fast and strong support, and the catapults can help defend against other catapults and can be used for fakes so you can send fakes from every village you will have.

Specific to your question, however, it would be better to have all spears and swords, because the heavy cavalry take up more space for less defense.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Building your first village defensive is probably the worst possible option for you. Your first village should be mixed. You should build as much defense as you need to feel safe and build the rest as offense.

Upvote 0

crisis54

I would personally say you should build:

Specific to your question, however, it would be better to have all spears and swords, because the heavy cavalry take up more space for less defense.

Yup, all I wanted to know.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Building your first village defensive is probably the worst possible option for you. Your first village should be mixed. You should build as much defense as you need to feel safe and build the rest as offense.

I thought he just meant that he wanted to make it defensive after he nobled his second village :icon_confused:.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

He said he's around 1000 points. That's not that near to a second village.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I could keep arguing that point by saying that he might've wanted to know for the future so he could get a rough outline, but I really don't feel like it. Either way, his question was answered right :icon_wink:?

Upvote 0

crisis54

Haha, yeah. I'm at 1300 and points and not close to a second village. I figured I want to make my village right now a defensive one. I don't want to fight anyone till I have atleast a couple of more villages. That way, if a village of mine goes down, I can still retreat to another one. I figured unless I WANT to attack someone, building offensive units is useless. I just want to take the abandoned village that is right next to me. Then I can start slowly building offensive units in that one while having major defense in my original one so I can support the new one just incase someone attacks it.

Thats why I was asking about the defensive units. I know hcav is fast for support, but my villages will be right next to each other, so I don't need the speed as much. So I was just wondering about the strength/cost benefit of sword/spears vs. hcav. That way I don't have to spend time/res to research and upgrade, etc. Eventually when I have maxed out the buldings and everything, I want to max out my army and fill up as much of my farm as possible thats why I was wondering if it was better to max out my village with hcav or with sword/spear?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

That defensive mentality is going to put you in far more danger then if you're more aggressive. First off, you'll grow much faster farming and nobling other people, and secondly, if you have no offense nobody has anything to fear from you and so will have no problem picking on you. If you have a decent offense then you can actually hurt someone who decides to go after you and combined with the fact that if you're more offensive you're much more likely to be bigger then then, you're all in all less likely to be attacked.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser44580

Haha, yeah. I'm at 1300 and points and not close to a second village. I figured I want to make my village right now a defensive one. I don't want to fight anyone till I have atleast a couple of more villages. That way, if a village of mine goes down, I can still retreat to another one. I figured unless I WANT to attack someone, building offensive units is useless. I just want to take the abandoned village that is right next to me. Then I can start slowly building offensive units in that one while having major defense in my original one so I can support the new one just incase someone attacks it.

Thats why I was asking about the defensive units. I know hcav is fast for support, but my villages will be right next to each other, so I don't need the speed as much. So I was just wondering about the strength/cost benefit of sword/spears vs. hcav. That way I don't have to spend time/res to research and upgrade, etc. Eventually when I have maxed out the buldings and everything, I want to max out my army and fill up as much of my farm as possible thats why I was wondering if it was better to max out my village with hcav or with sword/spear?
Even if you have you villages right next to eachother, the higher speed is still necessary.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Swords suck, they're slow and take too long to build in conjunction with spears. You can build spears and HC at the same time, making their build times faster by alot and the support speed is also there.

This is why there are loads of related reading material on the sp/hc strategy.

To each their own...just about any combination of offense or defense can be fruitfully argued as having a benefit, such as this: With the sp/hc strategy, not only do you get a faster build time, faster support speed, but you also get much better farming out of the HC than with swords.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

buiding your first village as a Defense vill is a big NO NO and building HC def on your first village is even a bigger NO NO (even on your 5th or 6th village, it shouldn't really be built unless you are doing exceptional farming)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser44580

buiding your first village as a Defense vill is a big NO NO and building HC def on your first village is even a bigger NO NO (even on your 5th or 6th village, it shouldn't really be built unless you are doing exceptional farming)

How do you define exceptional farming?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Someone who's farming is limited by the number of troops that they have and not the amount of time they have to send them out.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You can't build your first village for pure defence, sure you could withstand any nuke, but it will also stun your growth if you can't farm well.

Troop ratios will also depend on the hostility of the area you are in, on W23 i'm one of the biggest guys in my continent, in the biggest tribe there, also the people around me are hardley what i would call threats. So i have hardly any defensive troops and focus mostly on offense.

If your in an area where your at a similar strength to everyone i would focus mostly on defensive troops, but with some offense aswell.

If your in an area where your constantly farmed and are under threat i would just click settings - start over - confirm ;)

So as you see there is never a need to focus purely on defense for your first village.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I am on my way to 2500 farming tabs per day...I consider myself an exceptional farmer.

:icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool:

Thanks in Part to Kind Teachings from Servy, Klore 25 and the public forums.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

well that is INSANE exceptional farming :D though i guess most core players that have even more time do that :D

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I am on my way to 2500 farming tabs per day...I consider myself an exceptional farmer.

:icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool::icon_eek::icon_cool:

Thanks in Part to Kind Teachings from Servy, Klore 25 and the public forums.

Do you have a guide that you wrote on how to farm? What is your basic technique? Both macro-wise (choices of farms) and micro (browser usage and saving time)

Upvote 0