War of the Century

DeletedUser

Well, it's finally happened. It took some time, but things will probably be a lot different around here.

Pogues has finally taken the challenge from MrsC in a few games a cribbage. And it was horrible.

For her.

Pogues up, 3 games to 1 game!

I'd like to say the games were close...but none of them were. No nail biting at the end of any game.

I have agreed to play MrsC in scrabble...I figure the leader of OT needs to save face.

DeletedUser

I'd like to come out here and say that this isn't true, but the fact of the matter is.. I won the first one and then lost the next three games! Very sad day. :icon_sad: <-- See?!

We did nearly have a wager going on the side, but I guess we've decided to let those parties decide which tribes they want to be in. Considering my losses, FirEagx should be pleased he can make his own decision. :icon_wink:

I'd play again. Cribbage or Scrabble. An interesting diversion from TW (or way to pass the time between attacks) and the conversation is good.

DeletedUser

Come on Pogues, at least put this in General Discussion :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Seriously...a world this small with so few threads...we're worried about the location of threads?

DeletedUser

We're the leaders of our prospective families.. which are at war. That makes anything we do together.. pertinent!

DeletedUser

Looks like it's my turn to post...HA!

Okay..let's make it relevant. One of the topics of conversation was the rumors of the merger between OT and D*D....

There...can we move it back now? :)

DeletedUser

Oh, oh! My turn! (I like this game)

Spies, we also talked about spies in all tribes. Everyone seems to like that topic.

Now.. discuss amongst yourselves.

DeletedUser

So what exactly is cribbage? I prefer games and sports where I can be violent...

DeletedUser

So what exactly is cribbage? I prefer games and sports where I can be violent...

It's probably not something you'd purposely learn, if you want games that are violent. Cribbage is a card game. Usually there's a board involved, but technically you could keep track of "pegging" your way around it on paper.

DeletedUser

It's probably not something you'd purposely learn, if you want games that are violent. Cribbage is a card game. Usually there's a board involved, but technically you could keep track of "pegging" your way around it on paper.

..yeah awesome game, very theruputic, wins depend on the deal really, though the 'skill' comes in 'lacing your box' ..and 'buggering up the oponents'.

..and of course you do need to be able to count.

..oh yes..and you do need a supply of cookies to help you think.

..oh ..and um, you wish that there could be 10 fives in a deck of cards...:p

DeletedUser50076

13 hour road trip ..... I played Cribbage up to 10,000 ..... might explain a few things ....

Here yah go Tyr..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage

* It can get violent depending on how bad your losing, and if that board is a flimsy plastic, or a sturdy wooden one ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

extremegamer2.jpg

DeletedUser

I've done that before...keeping track of points on paper is not an option in my book.

You can use dice, also. You need 2 ten siders and one other die...as points go up to 121.

And I've seen cribbage games get violent. I got attacked in a 4 player game for playing a 4th 4 in a row.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the best thing to do here would be to deciduate the fourth pronoun