Warning for all Dukes and Diplomats of W53.

DeletedUser

I am generally a turtle myself, yea i keep a few offensive to help me farm and keep my area clear but every world but a few I've stuck to defense till my third or fourth village, yea lol I grow ten times slower than most as i like to waste resources even those i farm on my troops but than again I just play around in everyone but 49 lol.

Either way I hope you learned your lesson never trust anyone in this game most if not all are backstabbers in one way or another and I dare one of you to deny it and prove you have never back stabbed anyone or someone lol even i have once or twice.

DeletedUser

I tell you what. Ask 99% of the top players in this world if their first village was O or D and see what they say.

Sure you build up spears to farm with before you can build axe/LC but as soon as you can build them you stop building spears because they become a waste of time. If you build O and are active you can get to academy, get you're train and get growing quicker then anyone else.

DeletedUser

That again depends on the type of person you are, me I'm in no hurry to be anywhere in a game, I learn to take my time and enjoy myself than have to rush to do everything, I have enough rushing at my job or with my parents or even back when I was in school. So I'm in no hurry on this game lol.

But the person above me is right, most if not all the top players are pure offense the first village and quickly get what they need to remain at the top.

DeletedUser

I use spears as a defense against those pesky LC's :p

Although haven't had anyone target me purely just yet so I am counting myself lucky :)

DeletedUser

(1) Morons tend go mostly offensive in my opinion.

Sniping is preventable, but let me ask you this. Do you think you could dodge 500 ms backtime? Its harder than you think. Besides you can have defense while still having a good growth. Talking about past the one village stage of course. :icon_neutral:

(2) In Tribal Wars, the defender has the advantage.
(1) - Well I would have to completely disagree with your opinion. I went like 80% offense approx on my last world [W51 (and play with the majority in favour of offense on every world I ever played)] and I believe i'm not a moron :icon_redface: ....Tbh I think thats kinda a stupid statement since I reckon someone could only be called a moron by going mainly offensive if they can't handle themselves whilst employing that tactic (eg. this causing them to cry for help every couple of days because they dont know how to work being majorly offensive to their advantage). I've come across/played with only 3 or 4 other players who went as crazily offensive as I did and I gotta tell ya, they call for support less often than the ordinary player, though that doesnt automatically imply foolhardy as they dont get nobled either :p. Lest we forget the advantage of being able to grow faster when mostly offensive. To just slap the idea of someone who goes mostly offensive as moronic is quite a bold and far from correct statement imo.

(2) - Not sure if I completely agree with that either, that depends on the players as much as anything. Theres so many variables in every unique situation/conflict. Theres different troop builds that could mean a players builds a full D villages faster than his foe's O village and vice versa which swings the advantage one way or the other straight away. Theres the players "skill" involved which can swing the advantage one way or the other. Theres also the important fact that the defender is defending so he's is on the back foot from the outset :p

DeletedUser

setup tabs before you send your attack(s) of 1/4 troops, 2/4 troops, 3/4 troops and 6/8 troops. If backtimed account for your losses and use the appropriate tab you setup earlier to hit OK at the right time?

I find it faster than xyziz's way of countering backtimes. You lose a couple troops but the page not refreshing to the OK button and the guess work involved in finding the OK button upon refresh is too much to handle for moi :lol:

anyway, what im getting at is if this is your method (the one where you plan ahead) ... Your tribemates cant do it. Only you can prep those tabs.

Your tribemates are pretty good :icon_confused: ... Wanna ally?

If this isn't the method you're implying I'm so out of touch and I'll probably retire. (Even tho im not playing at the moment anyway :icon_neutral:)

Michael Corleone.

setup tabs before you send your attack(s) of 1/4 troops, 2/4 troops, 3/4 troops and 6/8 troops. If backtimed account for your losses and use the appropriate tab you setup earlier to hit OK at the right time?

I find it faster than xyziz's way of countering backtimes. You lose a couple troops but the page not refreshing to the OK button and the guess work involved in finding the OK button upon refresh is too much to handle for moi :lol:

anyway, what im getting at is if this is your method (the one where you plan ahead) ... Your tribemates cant do it. Only you can prep those tabs.

If this isn't the method you're implying I'm so out of touch and I'll probably retire. (Even tho im not playing at the moment anyway :icon_neutral:)

Yes but there is also lag. Its really all luck. Backtimes that are less than a second are very hard to dodge. :icon_neutral:

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Most players don't only build offensive or defensive in their first village, if you do, you're an idiot. You should have 100-300 spears by your first village. That way you can support it and kill it off later.
I'll gladly take this title of "idiot" and claim it for myself. If you maintain 100-300sp in your first village, please tell me the logic. You going to do some sniping with that? Maybe some pesky spiking? Oh, you're just brilliant! :)

DeletedUser

Morons tend go mostly offensive in my opinion.

Sniping is preventable, but let me ask you this. Do you think you could dodge 500 ms backtime? Its harder than you think. Besides you can have defense while still having a good growth. Talking about past the one village stage of course. :icon_neutral:

In Tribal Wars, the defender has the advantage.

Why be so eager to judge others in their playing style?
I agree that if you dont build some Defensive units you'd be a bit silly, but players are surely allowed to play how they want, especially if they also pay for a premium account.

Sniping is just as much luck as backtiming and neither is 100% certain to work out perfectly as well as both can be tricky to pull off.
A huge part of this game is luck.

• Luck if your online when you start getting attacks, you cant rely on account sitters being as dedicated to your account as you are.
  • Luck if your internet dont crash at a crucial time, which you cannot avoid/account for, it just happens.
  • Luck if your backtimes/snipes work, most times you get 1 shot at both and the smallest amount of lagg can make or break you.
  • Luck who you start with in your 15x15, which again you cant really control.
  • Luck if you actually do get +Luck with your attacks/defences, as above... its a variable built into the mechanics of the game.

Im not sure if the defender has the advantage, as offensive troops build quicker and are cheaper.
I do think that defensive troops are precious and should be used as wisely and effectively as possible, they are the most important troops on the game.

Offensive troops are 10-a-penny. They are made to die/made to nuke something.
Defensive troops are worth their weight in gold, once they are gone, your in a world of trouble. :)

DeletedUser

Yes but there is also lag. Its really all luck. Backtimes that are less than a second are very hard to dodge. :icon_neutral:

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to figure out how he backtimes by "planning ahead". How I said above is the only way I can think of... But, it doesn't include sitters ("tribemates to do it for me when I'm offline") being able to do it because the troops are out of the village and you can't set your tabs up, then. So...

His tribemates are insanely good... Or insanely lucky I should say? :icon_razz:

We should be PA's? Don't backstab this time tho. :icon_redface:

edit: backtiming is easier than dodging. You have multiple chances backtiming (troop speeds) wheras if you have to dodge a backtime, you only have one chance.

And also defending is too easy in TW. Anyone who actually knows a thing or two about defending will agree.

Annnd also TWFarmReport's Report ID tool makes it fool proof to label attacks when you dont know when they were sent.

Ugh so many points and quotes and stuff yet restricted to mobile. Argh lol -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Corleone.

Actually with backtimes you get more than one chance. Sniping and backtiming don't work 100% of the time I agree, which is why I prefer defense. :)

And if you are not online, you just using a incoming tagger script. As for the 15x15, I just tend to outgrow everyone in my 15x15.

DeletedUser

Ha ha ha)))
I see you guys to justify your cheap acts choose laughable tactic - thing out a 3-rd person who speak to me when we made PA, and new 3rd person who send noble train to me. Might you think people are stupid and will trust it.

“I love how you tried to get yourself stacked (by multiple tribes) just so you could catapult me, because you were so scared of me, then when you realize you can't get stacked, you beg for an alliance with me.”
So listen baby! There are 2 ways - destroy your active neighbour or you making PA with him and live together. Before we made PA I asked support from the tribe Serene for catapult you and kill your troops if you try catch me. As they (exactly Sir Lusid who was general there) refused me of tribe support I left tribe (you copied here dialog when I ask support when I was in Serene, I wrote about it in beginning of this story). So it was again the same 2 ways, go to another more coordinated tribe or make PA and live together helping each other. So we made PA.
You guys spoke so sweat that I trust you and even was ready to make you my sitter when I sleep.

For those of you who say "play with integrity" etc etc... He kept asking me for troop counts and what not over skype, for all I know he could have been planning on nobling me. The hostilities he had shown before were enough to make me think that he might have tried to noble me. I just took extra precautions with defending myself.

Lol man. I even said you when my noblemen will be ready, about 1 week ago when I had incomings and was need to go to sleep I offered Dracula to be my sitter lol
Guys as I see you planned noble me from the beginning and you made PA for live calm and noble me as soon as possible. You keep lieing me sending your last attacks to me and thing out a 3-rd person who do it.
You have great skill to manipulate people and lie. I don’t respect such skill, and loosing villa or loosing account cost poor, the main in this game are frienship. And I did PA not only with you, I did PA with else player (SamuraiMonk) who was near me to have friends near and help each other.
============================================================================================
For example our first talk in the skype :icon_rolleyes:

[12.11.2010 11:11:52] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: good day
[12.11.2010 11:11:53] EXPRESIDENT: Hi
[12.11.2010 11:12:24] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: Figured this would be quite a bit easier for us to communicate
[12.11.2010 11:12:37] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: so we can focus on farming and what not more efficiently
[12.11.2010 11:12:38] EXPRESIDENT: Ya, we are very active
[12.11.2010 11:12:49] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: exactly
[12.11.2010 11:12:57] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: and I'll be the person who plays the account the most
[12.11.2010 11:13:05] EXPRESIDENT: we will can make farm from our neigbuors
[12.11.2010 11:13:11] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: so it will definately benefit us
[12.11.2010 11:13:18] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: oh that we will
[12.11.2010 11:13:27] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: hence I was looking at those villages I needed reports on
[12.11.2010 11:13:34] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: unfortunately I can't clear that atm
[12.11.2010 11:13:38] EXPRESIDENT: yap, experience said me, be togather with good active players
[12.11.2010 11:13:58] EXPRESIDENT: whom?
[12.11.2010 11:15:44] EXPRESIDENT: you have good villa to noble vatraxi
[12.11.2010 11:15:45] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: 404|508
[12.11.2010 11:15:48] EXPRESIDENT: big villa
[12.11.2010 11:15:56] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: has too many troops
[12.11.2010 11:16:02] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: was going to make 404|508 a farm
[12.11.2010 11:16:06] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: but too many troops in it
[12.11.2010 11:16:21] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: uantity: 75 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
[12.11.2010 11:16:26] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: that is the troop count for it
[12.11.2010 11:16:32] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I'll lose too much hitting that
[12.11.2010 11:16:51] EXPRESIDENT: 404|508it's far enough from us
[12.11.2010 11:17:00] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: 412|519 is another I want to farm
[12.11.2010 11:17:11] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: but it has too many troops in there you scouted that one
[12.11.2010 11:17:42] EXPRESIDENT: this one has
Defender: Mr Bonez
Destination: The Crypt (412|519) K54

Quantity: 359 34 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
[12.11.2010 11:17:58] EXPRESIDENT: ya we shouldn't spend our troops on him now
[12.11.2010 11:18:04] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: yea I know
[12.11.2010 11:18:09] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I just forwareded you three more
[12.11.2010 11:18:12] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I found them just now
[12.11.2010 11:18:13] EXPRESIDENT: better clear poor defended vilas
[12.11.2010 11:19:15] EXPRESIDENT: thanks
[12.11.2010 11:19:27] EXPRESIDENT: I mostly farm north
[12.11.2010 11:19:27] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: this way you don't lose anything on them
[12.11.2010 11:19:32] EXPRESIDENT: ya
[12.11.2010 11:19:35] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I run off of two scripts
[12.11.2010 11:19:49] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I have a scout script that just sends out 1 scout to a ton of villages
[12.11.2010 11:19:57] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: I think there are 85 total in that script
[12.11.2010 11:20:07] EXPRESIDENT: wow
[12.11.2010 11:20:07] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: then TWFARMREPORT to farm
[12.11.2010 11:20:19] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: yea I don't play games with farming
[12.11.2010 11:20:27] EXPRESIDENT: I don't have scripts
[12.11.2010 11:20:39] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: do you have premium?
[12.11.2010 11:21:11] EXPRESIDENT: I used free as yet
[12.11.2010 11:21:30] Dracula's God/-Simplicity: if you pay for a premium I'll set you up with useful scripts

Good man, good friend I thought....
I made mistake thinking good of people... But it was cost me only 1 villa. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Al, please stop whining. This is not the place for it. This thread was made to warn people of -Simplicity's trickery. You achieved that, we now know not to trust him in those matters - although many of us wouldn't in the first place.

Continuing the conversation doesn't change anything and only sets yourself up for flame. Whether it's fair or not, it is allowable in the game and will be utilized. You cannot convince others to change that. The only thing you can do is carry those values yourself and hope it catches on. That's what I do.

DeletedUser

Al, please stop whining. This is not the place for it. This thread was made to warn people of -Simplicity's trickery. You achieved that, we now know not to trust him in those matters - although many of us wouldn't in the first place.

Continuing the conversation doesn't change anything and only sets yourself up for flame. Whether it's fair or not, it is allowable in the game and will be utilized. You cannot convince others to change that. The only thing you can do is carry those values yourself and hope it catches on. That's what I do.

Ok, I just wanted to open the truth. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Actually Al, you were talking to me when you begged for a PA ;)

mattcurr

I'll gladly take this title of "idiot" and claim it for myself. If you maintain 100-300sp in your first village, please tell me the logic. You going to do some sniping with that? Maybe some pesky spiking? Oh, you're just brilliant! :)

Defense is cumulative, skilled players will out pace near competitors so much that 500/500 sp/sw wont make a difference. Good players work together. Poor players build pure offense in first villa.

Old method too slow only good for close range targets.... MC knows better methods than the ones so far described in the thread :S He was being sarcastic when he asked. Actually the ones described here so far are extremely dated, and has a ton of strategic flaws. But the key issue in all of these is that its nothing you can do which is the dependent factor.

Average Load Time for Tribalwars.net

Slow (1.897 Seconds), 61% of sites are faster.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/tribalwars.net#

Tell me what method you have of speeding up other peoples servers and connections:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited: