Watchtower improvement: Will be spotted at X

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULTRAFUSE

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So when you receive an incoming that is going to be tagged by the watchtower, I think it should be nice to show at which time it gets spotted.
Right now it looks like this:
HwWndyb.png

However, where it says (will be detected by a Watchtower) it should show also at which time it gets tagged.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Could be done with an extra column counting down, might be to cluttered?
Pretty much replicate the script shared here

seroxy5

Reaction score
I see a potential problem with this. The time will depend on which unit is sent since the watchtowers only take distance into account. Given this, you can immediately tell what units are coming even if you are offline when it's sent. Fake trains would lose all purpose if this gets implemented and therefor I think it's a bad idea.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I see a potential problem with this. The time will depend on which unit is sent since the watchtowers only take distance into account. Given this, you can immediately tell what units are coming even if you are offline when it's sent. Fake trains would lose all purpose if this gets implemented and therefor I think it's a bad idea.
it could depend what you tagged it as? if you tag it has noble it will calc it has noble speed :)

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It could work off the same system that showing the unit icons does. But even so I agree that there's no good way to communicate this. I've had people complain about the accuracy of my script, and it turned out they'd tagged stuff wrong. Making the feature available to everyone would make that problem exponentially worse.

Elie

Reaction score
Instead of "will be spotted at X", it can say "will be spotted between X and Y". This information is available to the defender anyway, if they do some calculations.