Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ah, naice.

I'm just waiting to get fired for poor NAPLAN results. :|

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
NAPLAN sucks. My kids' school are not publishing their results because enough parents withdrew their kids from it to make that happen. That meant less than 5 children per level after the withdrawls...

DeletedUser

Ugh. Wish we had that. Lulz.

I'm just ... word I can't say on the forums ... off, that I had to stop my whole program to spend the last 2 months preparing for these damn tests.

And y'just knowww they'll go in, freeze, and forget eeeverything about paragraphs, capitals, fullstops, commas, apostrophes, question marks, reading the questions carefully, descriptive language, etc etc etc.

Heh... and did ya hear the latest brilliant idea, about comparing how many kids are usually in class at that time, and how many are in NAPLAN, and fining schools accordingly?

DeletedUser

Yes. My thoughts exactly.

Though somewhat more politely phrased. >)

DeletedUser

Ah, naice.

I'm just waiting to get fired for poor NAPLAN results. :|

My mum kind of feels the same.

She's over in the not so well off part of Brisbane, where like half the people there don't understand much English, and go from Year 3 level (the level which they can work at) to a Year 8 standard (because of shitty Queensland education system, Year 7s are tested at Year 8 level).

NAPLAN sucks. My kids' school are not publishing their results because enough parents withdrew their kids from it to make that happen. That meant less than 5 children per level after the withdrawls...

Awesome.

My school is one of those well-to-do-upper-class pay-high-fees-get-tons-of-holidays-and-seven-hours-of-school-and-we-focus-a-lot-academically-and-are-only-10-minutes-drive-from-the-city-when-Brisbane's-transport-system-actually-works-which-is-once-in-one-hundred-years kind of thing. What a mouthful.

Basically, we own at NAPLAN. Its still lame though.

DeletedUser

Heh. Yah. I work in a very low socio-economic area, in public education. For me, m'pretty much just happy to see kids turning up to school, rather'n sending in notes from the police station. NAPLAN is not my most immediate concern.

And trying to maintain kids interest...

-hits head on wall-

DeletedUser

Heh. Yah. I work in a very low socio-economic area, in public education. For me, m'pretty much just happy to see kids turning up to school, rather'n sending in notes from the police station. NAPLAN is not my most immediate concern.

And trying to maintain kids interest...

-hits head on wall-

Ouch.

There's a public school near my school, and even though its also in the well-to-do area of Brisbane, there are still a few bogans here and there - quite a few mix with us people. One time one of them was not allowed to go to the toilet, so he ended up needing to go so badly he pissed in the bin.

He was allowed to go to the toilet after that, but if we get that, I can't imagine how bad your classes would be.

But I thought you taught Year 10-12?

DeletedUser

Heh.

My classes involve students telling me I'm gonna 'regret it' if I move 'em again. :p

Teach years 8 - 12.

DeletedUser

Heh.

My classes involve students telling me I'm gonna 'regret it' if I move 'em again. :p

Teach years 8 - 12.

Ah >_>

In our school that would be treated as a threat to a teacher and you might get a Saturday detention. :p

A friend of mine linked someone in my SOSE class to mylazysundays. Needless to say, he got a Saturday detention and was banned from computers for two weeks.

I remember it because that night I stayed up until 3am and the following day it felt like the incident happened a week ago. We all burst out laughing when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.