Well hello world 53 [tldr; top 10 stats part 1]

DeletedUser

Hi guys (= I'm stepping into World 53 a tad late, but meh so be it! I figured the best way to start my emergence into world 53, is to give a statistical [non-biased] overview of every tribe in the top 10. Why just the top 10 and not top 20? Well, I plan to do this on a regular basis and if I did the top 20 every time, I would grow bored and weary of it fairly rapidly. Top 10 allows me to do it in a short and manageable time period over a long period of time. If you don't like it, QQ some more.

I do realize though, that yes there are potential tribes outside of the top 10, but that is not the point... This thread is not a tracking of 'tribes with the most potential' but rather a statistical overview of the top 10 that can be looked upon in weeks to come. Besides we all know 'potential' tribes fail more often then noob tribes.

Key to terms (for nubs):
[spoil]QQ = Alt + Q, Alt + Q, is how players exited Starcraft 1 when they were nerd raging. It is now used in a more direct term towards players who are complaining/moaning/crying.
NoM = Number of Members
APPP = Average Points Per Player
APPV = Average Points Per Village
AVNPP = Average Village Number Per Player
ANoVGPT = Average Number of Villages Gained Per Troop (ODA troops)
ANoVDPT = Average Number of Villages Defending Per Troop (ODD troops)
ANoVLPT = Average Number of Villages Lost Per Troop (ODD troops)
The Boss Stat = ODA / (Total Villages - NoM - Villages Lost) = Like a boss[/spoil]

So first, lets start with the basics:

[spoil]Well, here are the raw hard facts of the top 10 in the basics. Below, I will show you the ranks of the tribes in each category (this is rank of top 40 points, so I will not re-rank that, lulz.).

Basic Stats
[spoil]Name Top 40 Pts NoM APPP APPV AVNPP
COMING 1.227.015 67 22.660 4.325 5.28
RIM! 1.007.893 62 17.411 4.168 4.17
DSL 652.949 52 13.061 4.043 3.23
Rogues 594.650 46 13.292 3.920 3.39
Ducks 408.301 17 24.018 4.979 4.82
Voodoo 400.062 43 9.353 3.656 2.55
Nooble 374.586 40 9.365 3.637 2.57
T.I.S 368.836 40 9.221 3.842 2.4
UrVill 328.642 67 5.977 3.282 1.82
Magvel 314.945 96 5.044 2.989 1.68[/spoil]

Member count ranks!
[spoil]I will always display rank changes according to the top 40 point ranks!
Ducks +5
Nooble +6
T.I.S +6
Voodoo +2
Rogues -1
DSL -3
RIM! -5
COMING -8
UrVill =/=
Magvel =/=[/spoil]

APPP Ranks!
[spoil]Honestly... not much of a change from current ranks, but meh!
Ducks +5
COMING -1
RIM! -1
Rogues =/=
Nooble +2
Voodoo +1
DSL -3
T.I.S =/=
UrVill =/=
Magvel =/=[/spoil]

Village Count Ranks!
[spoil]
COMING =/=
RIM! =/=
DSL =/=
Magvel +6
Rogues -1
UrVill +3
Voodoo -1
Nooble -1
T.I.S -1
Ducks -5

Interesting Note: For the first time, all top 3 tribes did not move in rank and the bottom two tribes did move in rank.[/spoil]

APPV Ranks!
[spoil]Ducks +5
COMING -1
RIM! -1
DSL -1
Rogues -1
T.I.S +3
Voodoo -1
Nooble -1
UrVill =/=
Magvel =/=
[/spoil]

AVNPP Ranks!
[spoil]COMING =/=
Ducks +4
RIM! -1
Rogues =/=
DSL -2
Nooble +1
Voodoo -1
T.I.S =/=
UrVill =/=
Magvel =/=

Interesting note, for the first that Ducks has gained ranks, they did not overtake COMING[/spoil]

[/spoil]

Well now that the basics are out of the way, lets do something more interesting, eh?

More Interesting... Eh?
[spoil]Before I begin this, I want to say, that there are severe fallacies in players leaving/joining tribes, etc and what not. So for that reason, I will be using TWStats for ODA statistics and Tribalwars Ranks for ODD statistics to alleviate as many of the problems and headaches this section would naturally cause otherwise.

For further explanation to this, here's why:

How much offense you've spent on attacking players to gain villages, will always stay the same. Therefor ODA changing on who joins/leaves the tribes is acceptable since it gives a more accurate view then say if a player with 10% of the tribes villages leaves the tribe with more then 10% of the tribes ODA, well wait... That doesn't give a fair description of the tribes current state of the tribes offensive capabilities. It's pretty much vice-versa for ODD. Don't like it? QQ

The basics of More Interesting Eh?!
[spoil]In this section I will always rate rank changes off of Attackers OD ranks on TWstats? Why? 'Cuz I'm a damn ODA Whore! Also, I will never include ODT simply because its unreliable at best.
Tribe Name NoM ODA ODD Villages
COMING 67 2,977,025 1,090,000 357
RIM! 62 2,248,057 416,014 261
Rogues 46 1,377,435 289,470 157
DSL 52 1,367,785 351,517 168
UrVill 67 994,923 466,055 124
Voodoo 43 934,167 286,664 110
Nooble 40 915,061 556,417 106
Magvel 96 869,904 217,263 162
T.I.S 40 735,310 157,129 96
Ducks 17 624,912 481,218 87
[/spoil]

Well that was interesting... Well not really, but thats what the basics are for, to give us a good >basic< understanding of the situation. NOW we get to move onto the more interesting stats!

More Interesting... Eh? Non-Basic Stats
Alright so, this is by far my most favorite statistic errr sheet? Sure lets go with that! Anyway, this is where it all actually gets interesting! So without a further ado, I present to you, the non-basic more interesting eh, stats!

[spoil]Tribe Name ANoVGPT ANoVDPT ANoVLPT The Boss Stat
COMING 8339 3053 31804 10865
RIM! 8613 1582 11738 12629
Rogues 8773 1843 14079 13774
DSL 8141 2092 88925 3083
UrVill 8023 3758 10841 38266
Voodoo 8492 2606 49080 14596
Nooble 8632 5249 27916 16954
Magvel 5369 1341 109302 13383
T.I.S 7659 1636 7960 16340
Ducks 7182 5531 32841 9327
[/spoil]

Rankings for the Boss Stat!
[spoil]High Score = Bad, Low Score = Good
DSL 8141 2092 88925 3083 +3
Ducks 7182 5531 32841 9327 +8
COMING 8339 3053 31804 10865 -2
RIM! 8613 1582 11738 12629 -2
Magvel 5369 1341 109302 13383 +3
Rogues 8773 1843 14079 13774 -3
Voodoo 8492 2606 49080 14596 -1
T.I.S 7659 1636 7960 16340 +1
Nooble 8632 5249 27916 16954 -2
UrVill 8023 3758 10841 38266 -5[/spoil]
[/spoil]

Finally I would like to add that I will update this as regularly as possible (ie once a week). I hope you enjoyed.

Just updated it with the latest stats, I really want to make 'The Boss Stat' THEE boss stat, meaning it will (as much as possible) point out who the best tribes are attacking AND defending. Currently my formula is:

ODA / (Total Villages - NoM - Villages Lost)

I am going to continue to tweak with this stat in the coming weeks until I am satisfied with it.

Also, I will be adding in ranks for the latest stats in the next few hours, but I got other shit to attend to atm!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice content! Too bad that the layout is horrible. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Extremely horrible layout. In fact, I can barely even tell what your trying to do here.
You should drop it all into Excel, and take screen shots, drop them in paint, save them as .png files, and upload them to a file host somewhere.

Then you can get a nice little layout set up like this:

[spoil]
vy0bkh.png
[/spoil]

Also the biggest problem with these threads, is they are rarely updated when people say they'll be updated, often it becomes too time consuming, so the poster just gives up.

I give full credit for putting forth the effort, but if you don't find a way to simplify your data analysis so it only takes a few seconds a week, your likely not going to keep it updated.

DeletedUser

Updated the post with the best stats of the whole damn thing, will finish this up later today sometime, when I have more time!

Extremely horrible layout. In fact, I can barely even tell what your trying to do here.
You should drop it all into Excel, and take screen shots, drop them in paint, save them as .png files, and upload them to a file host somewhere.

[spoil]
vy0bkh.png
[/spoil]

Also the biggest problem with these threads, is they are rarely updated when people say they'll be updated, often it becomes too time consuming, so the poster just gives up.

I give full credit for putting forth the effort, but if you don't find a way to simplify your data analysis so it only takes a few seconds a week, your likely not going to keep it updated.

Brah, lemme put it real simple:

Read my name. I'm old school, I dont use your fancy excel, don't like my layout? Don't read my thread. It's simple.

DeletedUser

Good idea, output bad.

Once you get things going with Excel it'll be easier in the long run ... Not just on the eyes but for you compiling too. BBcoding like that has gotta be so annoying.

Thanks anyhoo :)

Edit: above post appeared as I posted. Sounds like you are 'QQ'ing' :lol: ... Sorry we don't like your format, "brah" :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Lulz, you guys remind me of the people who demand pictures in every pvp thread or its not good pvp.

Good idea, output bad.

Once you get things going with Excel it'll be easier in the long run ... Not just on the eyes but for you compiling too. BBcoding like that has gotta be so annoying.

Thanks anyhoo :)

Edit: above post appeared as I posted. Sounds like you are 'QQ'ing' :lol: ... Sorry we don't like your format, "brah" :icon_rolleyes:

Interestingly funny coming from a guy who clearly has no idea how to use the phrase QQ.

But no you're right in a sense, you've completely killed it for me. A better part of 3 hours used to make something that is awesome (with those who can appreciate the value of such information!) to be wasted on people QQing (<see how I used it there?) about aesthetics.

DeletedUser

Lulz, you guys remind me of the people who demand pictures in every pvp thread or its not good pvp.

Lulz, you remind me of the people who don't know what pnp is, purely 'cos you mistake the n for a v, twice.

Learn to take some criticism. These stats can be better than what they are is all we're saying... Why stop short of awesomness when with a few more minutes doing a spreadsheet you can achieve said awesomness when you've already spent a significant amount of time as it is?

Cheers for the stats anyway.

Edit: i don't rage, so don't really know what QQ or whatever is. I also don't play those sorts of games, so... :icon_cool:

also, in both my posts I sincerely ended with a 'cheers', or 'thanks'. I wasn't here to flame you. I was here to help you improve. :icon_confused: (just so you know if you'd used your 3hours making these stats on making a automated spreadsheet like we'd said it'd only take a few minutes to input data and hit a single button, then a simple copy/paste. All done in a few minutes. Chill out. *yawn*)

A humble player

Interestingly funny coming from a guy who clearly has no idea how to use the phrase QQ.

But no you're right in a sense, you've completely killed it for me. A better part of 3 hours used to make something that is awesome (with those who can appreciate the value of such information!) to be wasted on people QQing (<see how I used it there?) about aesthetics.

Errm, it is a great set of stats (anyone who knows me know I'm always one for the 7 letter abbreviations of stats (RPHPT from my guide), but the fact that it is put in such an unreadable fashion makes them useless.

DeletedUser

Updated the post with the best stats of the whole damn thing, will finish this up later today sometime, when I have more time!

Brah, lemme put it real simple:

Read my name. I'm old school, I dont use your fancy excel, don't like my layout? Don't read my thread. It's simple.

Meh.
Try to give a person some advice, and they treat you like some sort of troll.
If you enjoy spending 3 hours a week putting these stats together, in an unreadable format, to have no one actually enjoy or find value in it... Well then have fun brah.

DeletedUser

Lulz, you remind me of the people who don't know what pnp is, purely 'cos you mistake the n for a v, twice.

Learn to take some criticism. These stats can be better than what they are is all we're saying... Why stop short of awesomness when with a few more minutes doing a spreadsheet you can achieve said awesomness when you've already spent a significant amount of time as it is?

Cheers for the stats anyway.

Edit: i don't rage, so don't really know what QQ or whatever is. I also don't play those sorts of games, so... :icon_cool:

also, in both my posts I sincerely ended with a 'cheers', or 'thanks'. I wasn't here to flame you. I was here to help you improve. :icon_confused: (just so you know if you'd used your 3hours making these stats on making a automated spreadsheet like we'd said it'd only take a few minutes to input data and hit a single button, then a simple copy/paste. All done in a few minutes. Chill out. *yawn*)

Ooops, I play WoW.. and PvP a lot. Ya.... Lol.

I never bothered using excel and if someone wants to they can take excel, input the same exact stats I have right here and then give it to me. You want easier to read stats? Ok, make them easier to read for everyone and I will happily put them on this thread.

Also the coding, etc. isnt what took me 3 hours, all of it probably took 2 minutes what took so long was the gathering of the information, doing the math etc.

DeletedUser

I think that's why the Excel suggestion was made. Excel will do the math for you. So it's just gather info and input. I'm not great with it, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who could make up a simple spreadsheet for you to just input the stats... That way it's not double the work (you doing it and then someone else redoing it).

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with his way of doing it. And if he isn't used to excel or he doesn't even have it installed, it would be faster for him to do it his way. You say you were trying to give advice, then try starting your advice out with something other than a negative opinion. People might actually be more receptive to your advice...

DeletedUser

I've now read it twice, and still have no idea what he's trying to post here as stats.
And I class myself as a bit of a stat junky.

But let's just try your positive approach...

Extremely horrible layout. In fact, I can barely even tell what your trying to do here. Wow this is a great idea.. What is it? I can't tell what your trying to do, because the layout is quite.. umm not good... Everything is mushed together, and not in columns.

[spoil]
vy0bkh.png
[/spoil]

Also the biggest problem with these threads, is they are rarely updated when people say they'll be updated, often it becomes too time consuming, so the poster just gives up. I hope you, unlike hundreds of other posters who say they'll update their threads weekly, will actually come through for us...

To be honest, the two scratched out parts, are the negativity in the thread, the rest are actually words of advice to help.
If you can't take a bit of honest criticism, and you need everything sugar coated so you won't QQ, then don't bother posting... (not directed at the OP, just seems that way in the context I've written it).

DeletedUser

I've now read it twice, and still have no idea what he's trying to post here as stats.
And I class myself as a bit of a stat junky.

How can you not read the stats? It seems more like you did this for another world and want him to do it your way because they gave you some kind of big head over it.

Like he said, if you don't like it, don't read it. If people want to volunteer extra time/effort to show stats to the community, I find it pretty annoying when people like you crawl out from under their rock to act like some tribal war forum stat professional (lols). Go back under your rock guy.

DeletedUser

I'm kind of sick of seeing the people who step up to try and do something creative on this forum, that people might enjoy reading, being immediately criticized for what they've done. If you have advice to give, give it as bloody advice, rather than degrading the effort of those who have actually bothered to make one. Failing that, make your own thread with what you want to have done.

Thank you for one of the few threads on this forum that has actually been worth opening.

DeletedUser

Really interesting thread, surprised me. Though had to relook several times on what what means, cuz its a bit confusing. Anyways great job ;)

However, I do agree with the lot about the mess that hurts eyes, really need to try hard to understand which is which. Excel would ease up both your and ours job, don't be so stubborn about your way :D big up

DeletedUser

How can you not read the stats? It seems more like you did this for another world and want him to do it your way because they gave you some kind of big head over it.

I was giving an example of a spreadsheet of stats to show the benefit of how easy it could be to read using excel, and taking a screen shot of it.

Once in a spreadsheet, you can easily add new sets of data, have it automatically compare to old sets of data, and provide you with all the statistics you want to post, in a nice easy to read presentation, in a matter of seconds, not hours. He'd benefit from a time savings, and the world would benefit from an easy to read set of stats, that he'd likely get much praise for.

Sorry if a few of you support a crappy presentation, just because he put the effort in

I personally refuse to applaud someone for sticking a square wheel on a cart, and dragging it down a hill, when there was a round wheel sitting right beside it, and he could have let it roll down the hill.

[spoil]
swslarge.gif
[/spoil]