Well hello world 53 [tldr; top 10 stats part 1]

DeletedUser

I personally refuse to applaud someone for sticking a square wheel on a cart, and dragging it down a hill, when there was a round wheel sitting right beside it, and he could have let it roll down the hill.

Well that's why I don't like you. I would have still applauded him, since I didn't put any effort in moving the wheel personally. Why do I care how he moved the wheel if it got to the desired location with no effort from myself?

DeletedUser

Extremely horrible layout. In fact, I can barely even tell what your trying to do here.
You should drop it all into Excel, and take screen shots, drop them in paint, save them as .png files, and upload them to a file host somewhere.

Then you can get a nice little layout set up like this:

[spoil]
vy0bkh.png
[/spoil]

Also the biggest problem with these threads, is they are rarely updated when people say they'll be updated, often it becomes too time consuming, so the poster just gives up.

I give full credit for putting forth the effort, but if you don't find a way to simplify your data analysis so it only takes a few seconds a week, your likely not going to keep it updated.

Device he did applude him. Read the full post before you jump to conculsion

Nice stats but i have no clue what there trying to say. lol

DeletedUser

Well that's why I don't like you. I would have still applauded him, since I didn't put any effort in moving the wheel personally. Why do I care how he moved the wheel if it got to the desired location with no effort from myself?

Is there a reason you have to delve into personal emotion?
It doesn't matter whether you like me or not.

If you re-read my original post, it actually wasn't that negative to begin with, unless your allowing your emotion to enter into the equation, and are blinded by what I had actually said.

Fact: It was a horrible layout.
I offered him suggestions on how he could make it better.

Fact: Most posters who say they'll update something weekly, rarely do.
I shared my experience that unless he simplified his process of doing things, he'd likely not live up to his word there.

In truth, I'm not sure why anyone would take offense to my original post at all.
There were no crude, or rude comments directed at the OP, just an unbiased assessment of his work, and a critique on how it could have been done better.

DeletedUser

@QQ:
you maybe old school mate, and i do like your idea, but this aint wow and tw has some seriously good stats, links and graphs that you may want to look at, if you want this thread to succeed how i think it will, if you adapt to the game as it is now,, yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, thats why it called ''the present'' no one is living in the past here mate, your only as good as your last world until you see the rim lmao..

>tw map for w53< start here mate, because any of the top tribes in your 10, will be using this anyhow and wont need your thread to know who to watch. anyhow, imo this thread will be the most popular to read if you utilize every possible tool at your disposal..a hell of a lot of work, a great job imo..but very eye numbing..not too mention mind numbing, interesting as it is just simplify it! we dont have the time for walls of text dude.

+1 but.

electroz

Is there a reason you have to delve into personal emotion?
It doesn't matter whether you like me or not.

If you re-read my original post, it actually wasn't that negative to begin with, unless your allowing your emotion to enter into the equation, and are blinded by what I had actually said.

Fact: It was a horrible layout.
I offered him suggestions on how he could make it better.

Fact: Most posters who say they'll update something weekly, rarely do.
I shared my experience that unless he simplified his process of doing things, he'd likely not live up to his word there.

In truth, I'm not sure why anyone would take offense to my original post at all.
There were no crude, or rude comments directed at the OP, just an unbiased assessment of his work, and a critique on how it could have been done better.

Agreed. Honestly, i think that the advice given so far have been rather constructive criticism. I mean, you can go on to other threads and see people just giving one line of "This sucks, lol, wasted my time reading it :icon_rolleyes:" whereas AYK did give suggestions as to what could be done better, gave solutions as to the problems that we all think there are, and so on and so forth. Not to mention that, as Lambezz stated, AYK did give credit for the effort put in.

I'll have to agree with the general consensus here. Good job on the effort put in, we do appreciate it. However, if you could put in a little more and place it into a nice format, that'd be great.

DeletedUser

The critique from AreYou was good. If you get butthurt over a little constructive criticism, then maybe these forums are not for you.

The layout sucks but the content is good.

DeletedUser

Ill be honest...

I can appreciate the hard work into making this thread up.
+1 for taking the time, that so many here, who have helped nerf it would NOT have put the effort into making.

The idea behind it is good.
With a few refinements, and a more easier way to read it, i think this will be a very good read.
Dont let the guys here opinions worry you too much, after all everyone here including me is a sad no-lifer, who cant stop playing a mediocre online, yet highly addictive game. :icon_wink:

Id like to see you make a: "[tldr; top 10 stats part 1]" mkII, with added improvements.

DeletedUser

This is another classic example, why we should not criticize positively to others to help them improving their method. All we would get in return is trash talk.

AYK, he is not worth the time...

And btw, your analysis is so messed up in spoilers that it is hard to identify what actually you wanted to do. :icon_confused:

lords of the emos

I love the stats you got there :)

Order and analysis is spot-on.

(I am very quietly gonna agree with the people shouting for excel)

@All the flamers - if it is so unbelievably easy and quick to set up and use a spreadsheet then why haven't one of you put one together and sent it to QQ instead of investing all this time in pointless argument - tearing stuff down is a lot easier to do than to build something so bear in mind that negative feedback will be given far more weight in a persons mind than positive feedback will

disclaimer: I am allowed to change my point of view and my argument entirely from post to post

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@All the flamers - if it is so unbelievably easy and quick to set up and use a spreadsheet then why haven't one of you put one together and sent it to QQ instead of investing all this time in pointless argument - tearing stuff down is a lot easier to do than to build something so bear in mind that negative feedback will be given far more weight in a persons mind than positive feedback will

I actually started doing this last night after making my first post, and then saw his response to my critique as 'brah don't read it if you don't like it', and well, didn't bother going further with it.
I'd be happy to pick it back up tonight, if the OP wants to send me a private mail asking for the help, but he seems less concerned than most about the time it takes him.

I'd also need an explanation as to how he came to some of the numbers, so I could see if it could be automated in some way. (assuming these were week over week stats, there was no mention of the time frame for the ranking changes).

DeletedUser93260

Loved the idea, had a really time figuring out what stat was showing what. I hope you do make a few refinements so it is easier to understand for the slower stat guys like myself as I think this would be an awesome thread that may even be used in future worlds if made just a little better.

A humble player

[spoil]
syoui8.png
[/spoil]
Took under 12 minutes (from start of creation to posting). Note that the image is big.
disclaimer: I am allowed to change my point of view and my argument entirely from post to post
That ent a good way to argue :|

DeletedUser

humble, I'm assuming you just took his data and stuck it in there, so you may not be able to answer this but:

If I were to set that up, so it's updateable weekly, how would you calculate columns O through Q ?

A humble player

humble, I'm assuming you just took his data and stuck it in there, so you may not be able to answer this but:

If I were to set that up, so it's updateable weekly, how would you calculate columns O through Q ?

([total villages]-[total members])/ODA
([total villages]-[total members])/ODD
[villages lost]/ODD
Those may or may not have the terms backwards :icon_redface:

There is an inherent problem in these stats in that given an equal pool to draw from, these stats favor the smaller tribes.

[spoil]
2la60p2.png
[/spoil]
nudder, better version :), I fixed a glaring error from the original, and added more stuffs (and made it purty)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think I figured out why I was having difficulty figuring out what he was trying to do.
I was picturing it a rank change over a period of time, compared to what they were say last week.
I'm now assuming the rank change is based upon the statistic vs. their actual rank.

It'd be extremly easy to set up a spreadsheet, with macros to calculate all the rank changes and such.
The hardest part of the data collection would be going in to fix TW's formatting problems (Mio.'s and , / . where they shouldnt' be), and grabbing the villages lost.

Now that said, I'm not really sure the formulas are representative of anything.

ODA is a sign of aggression, however if a tribe gains a high ODA, then loses a ton of villages, they are going to show a much higher aggression rate (I used to do this on individuals in my tribe, and those who'd been op'd and lost villages, were the highest on the ratings... )

ODD is uncontrollable as a player, you can't control if someone will attack you or your tribe, so the stat becomes meaningless when comparing to others.

And then you take a constant change over of players, the reality is although interesting to look at, ponder about, and discuss, the stats really becoming fairly meaningless.

DeletedUser

Wow, thanks for all the effort you went to in making this thread, it is the most amount of effort anyone has ever gone to to give me a head ache. I am good with numbers, stats and patterns, but what you put up was very 'Non-user friendly'.

You then furthered my headache by berating people who gave you a perfect solution to the clear problem with your thread. :icon_eek:

If you want to post in the world forums, you have to be willing to accept critisism, eat some humble pie, and listen to advice and help that people are giving you, whether they sugar coat it or not.

Because of the above, I won't be coming back to read your thread in future, which genuinely is a real shame, since you are clearly an intelligent guy, willing to go to great lengths to give us all a summary of the top 10. If only you were a humble and intelligent guy......

DeletedUser

Wow, thanks for all the effort you went to in making this thread, it is the most amount of effort anyone has ever gone to to give me a head ache. I am good with numbers, stats and patterns, but what you put up was very 'Non-user friendly'.

You then furthered my headache by berating people who gave you a perfect solution to the clear problem with your thread. :icon_eek:

If you want to post in the world forums, you have to be willing to accept critisism, eat some humble pie, and listen to advice and help that people are giving you, whether they sugar coat it or not.

Because of the above, I won't be coming back to read your thread in future, which genuinely is a real shame, since you are clearly an intelligent guy, willing to go to great lengths to give us all a summary of the top 10. If only you were a humble and intelligent guy......

i dont believe you wont come back to it again.

DeletedUser

ODD is uncontrollable as a player, you can't control if someone will attack you or your tribe, so the stat becomes meaningless when comparing to others.

And then you take a constant change over of players, the reality is although interesting to look at, ponder about, and discuss, the stats really becoming fairly meaningless.

is there someway you could get the stats to show the average ODD gained per vill lost?

so something like ODD/ lost vills

would that show the defensive skills of said tribe, or lack thereof?

you could use the ODD from the game's rankings, and vills lost from tw stats, so it's the complete history of the tribe, hoping i'm correct there :icon_redface:

at least this is what i thought the OP was trying to reflect with the stats

lords of the emos

That ent a good way to argue :|

Makes it soo much easier though - no need to maintain a train of thought and I can just say what I think/feel at the time of typing :) (also allows me to quickly change my point of view if i'm wrong - which happens :p )