WET vs Vape

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
I know you're a NAM Fanboy, but comparing Obey to NAM on 83 is to much of a leap honestly.
But yes, you're right. WET would indeed need someone like myself in their leadership if they hope to win ;)
Think Al was comparing Golden to WET... Golden had no border with NAM yet worked against them the whole world. Shouldn't WET do the same here? Look who won w83 after a merge? Always seems like someone is merging to win huh?

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Think Al was comparing Golden to WET... Golden had no border with NAM yet worked against them the whole world. Shouldn't WET do the same here? Look who won w83 after a merge? Always seems like someone is merging to win huh?

Aye merge to win is very popular, OBEY is trying not to do that this world :)
For that reason you need a very strong playerbase of the bat though. But apparently the community doesn't like that either.
I suppose to please everyone you need to build a grassroots tribe that will be able to fight off premades and also recruit enough strong players early on in order to win without a merge.
Seems like a tricky thing to accomplish.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Aye merge to win is very popular, OBEY is trying not to do that this world :)
For that reason you need a very strong playerbase of the bat though. But apparently the community doesn't like that either.
I suppose to please everyone you need to build a grassroots tribe that will be able to fight off premades and also recruit enough strong players early on in order to win without a merge.
Seems like a tricky thing to accomplish.

Or if everyone just fought it out like the old fashioned way we’d have a winner. The main issue is OBEY are worried about the style in which how they win. If they win isn’t even a question.

Join a world with a few friends and have fun, leave the ego behind and make tw great again.

One of the major drawbacks of Skype / dis what ever it’s called etc.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Or if everyone just fought it out like the old fashioned way we’d have a winner. The main issue is OBEY are worried about the style in which how they win. If they win isn’t even a question.

Join a world with a few friends and have fun, leave the ego behind and make tw great again.

One of the major drawbacks of Skype / dis what ever it’s called etc.

I did just that only this year, in W91. Though Apathy was a "premade" most of our longer staying members were recruits from that world, since the tribe was originally full of PP farmers.
I had some fun yeah, but this time I wanted to play without leading and if you're doing that, the aim is to win, no? Of course it has to be a win that's worthwhile, and the journey is the largest prize before the win itself.
But you need that goal of a worldwin itself to really feel like doing your best. Not everyone enjoys just playing sandbox games just for fun, even in Total War games there are goals to your campaigns. And in more popular games like Dota or CS:GO the goal is very simple... Win.
TW is a game, people will always strive to win games, and since this is an older one... People will do it more and more effectively. W96 is probably just a warm up for what we'll see in W100 =/ The biggest "Prize" of all.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Apathy merged with incoming failure so I find that a bad example.

Early on there was no winning condition so that’s what I’m referring to.

Hopfully W100? Isn’t a let down but it’s a chance for Nest to look like he did a good job on a non competitive world. Now 100 will be a different story.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Apathy merged with incoming failure so I find that a bad example.

Early on there was no winning condition so that’s what I’m referring to.

Hopfully W100? Isn’t a let down but it’s a chance for Nest to look like he did a good job on a non competitive world. Now 100 will be a different story.

When you're done having fun you can't just press delete and leave your friends hanging, so yeah I merged my tribe. Only had 2 choices to merge into, either Sam or the guy who backstabbed me. I don't regret picking Sam.

DeletedUser121247

Yet another thread that's turned into an argument about Obey. The topic has been debated to death and it's boring now. Would be nice to talk about something else for once.

ddog456

Vape to Make the Take or Forsake the Vape and Lose the Race

That simple :)