What A Guess....

therealbuba

Mental was fail we have established that can we move on please.

Atraxis

We did not imagine that someone would put his reputation on the line just to spy and disband our so-called nooby tribe. I guess too many of us still believed in honor and fair play which unfortunately isn't important to Dark and the guy from Ego who commissioned him to spy on Mental.

You ever think that maybe Ego had a plan from the start to get players into the top tribes, have them worm their way into top positions, then disband them? I have seen this done before. You guys seem to think that diplomacy, PnP, and skype conversations are minor parts of this game... in truth, (as has been said before), they are just as important as in-game skills.

pwnyslaystation

Honor is overrated. The only thing that is important is loyalty. Not everybody is honorable, but everyone is loyal: you just have to hope that their loyalty lies with you. In this case, it didn't.

DeletedUser

it is but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth IMO. A lot like head butts, low blows, etc., in boxing if you think about it.

DeletedUser

we will just have to agree to disagree on this matter. dirty tactics is dirty tactics whether it is here in TW or in any kind of game/sport. just sticking to the moral codes i set up for myself. :)

DeletedUser

Well I'm quite used to the dirty tactics... I'll use them myself if I ever need too. lol. :)

DeletedUser

~K55~ Disbanned

Disbanned by: RedDanger.123
Reason: JB-Ryan restarted handed the tribe to RedDanger.123
and RedDanger.123 desided to restart too. Reason of JB-Ryan
restarting JustDude7 ruined his village juring an account sit
forcing JB-Ryan to restart on the reasons of no resources
and pointless upgrades and behind on troops and points to
farm Players/Abbanned Villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

jakeeboy

Ouch! My freaking eyes! Change the color! Again please. And Mental, was destined to fail anyway :|

DeletedUser

Ouch! My freaking eyes! Change the color! Again please. And Mental, was destined to fail anyway :|

Lol. Sorry Didn't think it was that bright.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This thread irritates me. I can't quite put my finger on it, so I will quote the posts that I dislike and rant. I pray that something constructive comes out of this.

Honor is overrated. The only thing that is important is loyalty. Not everybody is honorable, but everyone is loyal: you just have to hope that their loyalty lies with you. In this case, it didn't.

TW isn't boxing, it is street fighting... anything goes.

A good friend and mentor sent me a list of "life lessons," a with a coinciding list of how they apply to this game. At first I found it entertaining (for example, life lesson number twenty something was Don't build fortresses and keep people out; surround yourself, instead, with friends and allies., which was then translated to Don't be a turtle, join a good tribe and surround yourself with axes.), but it then struck me how undeniably truthful every piece of advice was.

I'm going start off by sharing an a piece of information that everyone should be aware of: The rules that apply in the real world apply to this world. Now, I'm not saying you should shed a tear everytime you clear a noob. Rather, quite the opposite. Just like in the real world, the majority of success in this game is based entirely off of someone else's loss. This fact is present everywhere. The second law of thermodynamics states that the energy of a closed system can only be transferred lost. Resources can only be used up or farmed. If I lost you here, don't worry. I digress. You eat to survive? You noble to grow.

Likewise, history, both recorded in textbooks and on TWStats, has shown that the mob of the public, the community, this forum, and a player's reputation are all more powerful than skill and luck combined. I've seen giants stumble over forum posts, I've seen vagrants talk their way to victory. Its also a fact that loyalties are broken and changed throughout time. Friends turn to enemies, but we all recognize and understand that this is a game. Those who do not, those who take insults personally, are the players that we all avoid.

However, when we take a step back we realize that we are, in fact, playing a game, and honor does come into play. I won't lie, I've disbanded tribes before. I've orchestrated what I like to call a mass boot (get baronship, get on firefox, open a tab for each player, kick player, alt + tab) of an entire family tribe, abusing both trust and the account sitting system.

I'm not going to sit here and argue morality on a game. I'm not going to sit here and argue that Mental was a good tribe, either. However, I will sit here and argue a point that I made in a previous thread:

It's not the tribe that destines it to fail, it is the community.

DeletedUser

Don't build fortresses and keep people out; surround yourself, instead, with friends and allies
also interpretable as "don't solo/play in a small tribe, make a family tribe and mass recruit"
:)

DeletedUser

Ok, people make up your mind, I know everyone has their own opinion but some people here say Family Tribes = Fail but some people are saying Family Tribes = Success.:icon_neutral:

That's what I got from where the last post directs you.

DeletedUser

Ok, people make up your mind, I know everyone has their own opinion but some people here say Family Tribes = Fail but some people are saying Family Tribes = Success.:icon_neutral:

That's what I got from where the last post directs you.

I say that as long as people say family tribes = fail, good players will avoid them, and they will undoubtedly fail. It's similar to me filling a blue room full of mousetraps, and, upon seeing that no one wants to enter it, claiming that blue rooms are the worst kinds of rooms.

DeletedUser

So it is all how people see them... I don't think they are great but the extra numbers if skilled enough doesn't hurt. It's just like the game says Tribal Wars means no one can really get along and deside hey maybe a family tribe with many skilled and active players can take out a small tribe with just as many.

Skilled Numbers vs. Just skilled... Skilled Numbers always wins.

Nauzhror

Skilled Numbers vs. Just skilled... Skilled Numbers always wins.

Totally hypothetical. Some worlds might have a 5 or 10 member tribe where the average member is good, but there aren't enough players that are good for the same to be said about a 80 man tribe.

DeletedUser

Totally true but family tribes are characterized by mass recruiting so instead you get solely numbers not skilled numbers.

What I'm saying is get a group of friends you know are active and get them to join a tribe, if it's too big for one let the others join... don't mass recruit if you a family tribe actually mail the people and then get the better players.