What are the "rules" of TW?

cececole

I am not a regular on the pnp. I like to read you all debate, though I am basically too much of a noob to dare posting so as not to be bested in verbal combat. I thought to open a topic I have wondered about that you prolific posters might have some opinions on.

I find W30 to be different than other worlds I have played in more ways than just the church.

Formal "Game Rules" in no way included, are there any "rules" (small r) that you find most players/tribes adhere to? Perhaps you might call it a code of conduct or just those everyday playing standards you believe we adhere to. Things that, generally, most players would find honorable/dishonorable. Is "honor" even something that matters in W30?

(I have found some standards are different here than in other worlds. But I would really like to hear what you all think.)

So, for the variety of players here, with a wide range of experience from many TW worlds....what do you think? Any rules?

Here is a small example: if you are a leader and exchange igm with another leader, it is wrong to forward those mails to members of that other leaders tribe. I use this small example, as it is not one from this world so I won't offend anyone. I knew a duke from another world that would cut you dead if you did that.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hmmm. we do have a different code of honor.

At least, a code of honor that is upheld inside the forums> meaning that many people do what they want/feel is necessary ingame, despite what burns they may or may not receive in the pnp forums. Yet, many pretend to live by the aforementioned set of Honor rules...

For the most part, most would follow these codes... and my current enemies, (twc) have thrown my rules of honor back in my face in an attempt to catch me as a hypocrite...

but are you looking for a "commandments" type set of rules, or random throw up and discuss type of rules?

DeletedUser

hmm, i think first and foremost among a set of unwritten rules would be that this is just a game and that RL takes precedence. Other then that i can't say that i see one rule to be universally shared with all people. some are shared by the majority though: such as don't pretend to be a tough nut if you don't have anything to back it up, don't try to manipulate stats to much to give a false image of how a war is going, ... things like that. None of it is unheard of, but the majority of the forum's regular posters will tend to comment on it.

Gicusan

basically what is moraly good for real life is good in any kind of place for human comunication. As good rules: do not enter debates. if you do, get your facts right and be concise and logical. Your point will get through way better that way as people will actualy read you. (as an example, Fraser and pajuno are 2 people I like, sometimes I have good Skype convos with them, but I never read their posts here. There was not a moment in this forum history where I felt I lost something by not reading them, but there are lots of neurons you can lose by trying to read. this is of course a personal opinion and it happens while we actualy agree on basic position and direction of argumentation. still...). Anyway, make a good post and do not jump to reply asap. If you wrote something good or intresting other people will come and support you. Never double post (better edit and add your missing phrase). Try not to swear as lowering the level of the debate lowers your own person and weakens your own arguments. if you do, be very subtle/funny.

Those being said, I should also add that on most aspects I wrote here under "dont do that" banner I am much too often not fallowing myself. But that is another story. "Do what the priest says not what the priest does" is a good saying :)

Gicusan

If you asked me, I was talking forum wise.

In game nobody can do what I can do anyway. And I dont mean this only in a good way :)

DeletedUser

I think Cece is asking mostly for rules of honor when it comes to the game mostly.
I am all ears very interesting to see what everyone has to say.

DeletedUser

I think Cece is asking mostly for rules of honor when it comes to the game mostly.
I am all ears very interesting to see what everyone has to say.

I to too think Cece is referring to in game.

Not sure who said it above, maybe Gicusan, but basically I consider the rules/honor in game to mean : "If you tell someone something, or make an agreement, you stick by it"

Other than that, it's tribal wars, nom nom.

Gicusan

In game? This is a war game. A la guerre comme a la guerre. (hope my french is right) Anything goes as long as you obey game rules and you can live with yourself. Sure, this "live with yourself" could be very wide as it actualy is in most cases, myself included. Also if you force some general moral rules widely supported by players, you must be very intresting and smart doing it or you can get many bashing and dismissing you. Anyway, dont forget that fun is fun but your job is to kill.

Morale issues.. Some would say that you should not do what you wont like to be done to you. I say do what you dont like to be done to you and be smart and prepared so someone cant do it back. The more the merrier and more efficient. On both cases. if you are emotional, make the kill and shade a tear... afterwards.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Morale issues.. Some would say that you should not do what you wont like to be done to you. I say do what you dont like to be done to you and be smart and prepared so someone cant do it back. The more the merrier and more efficient. On both cases. if you are emotional, make the kill and shade a tear... afterwards.

Couldnt say it any better myself... Kill or be Killed baby! Rimmed is Rimmed and once your there it doesnt really matter how you got there! Oh if only Paj would listen to the diabolical ideas I come up with we would have taken over the world by now!

cececole

I was looking for in game rules, you know like the Geneva Convention of TW. Thought of another example, spies: lots of people/tribes use them. You pretty much despise the spy when you find them in your tribe, but the notion of using spies is accepted as fair game.

Or the one mentioned above, if you make an agreement you abide by it.

the pink panther

I've never used spies, in world 1 Jester and I would kick any spies we found of our tribes in the oppsites tribes

DeletedUser

But what do the rest of you think of the Personal Alliances that most people seem to have? My opinion is that the tribe always comes first. Everyone in your tribe is and will always be your PA, as long as they are a member of the same tribe as you.. But having PAs outside of the tribe (not allies), what are your opinions on that?

That is something that I have discussed with In-Game friends for quite a while now, and I think that you don't need any other friends than your tribemembers and your allies, because like Gicusan said: It is a war game.

Edit: And if you play in the same tribe with someone who later in the game becomes a member of another tribe, who you might go to war with, is it Ok to attack that player or should you respect that you have played on the same team before?

DeletedUser

In game all is fair imo within the rules. It depends on the persona you want to play. I don't like to screw people over ingame, but i know plenty of people who do. Imo it's up to them. Personally: i stick to the agreements i make and i like to help out newer/less skilled players. I've been lucky as to the tribes i've been in. If people want to learn i'll help'm out. Even if they're on the other side of the fence.

Gicusan

but... there is a big but. never make agreements you have the slightest feeling you would be sorry about later. be smart. leave some doors open in the agreement. otherwise you are better not making it at all. if you have that feeling it means it is a bad idea anyway. i had tribes and players I made personal deals with that only said: you help me/ do something for me and I dont kill you right now. Never had a PA in my tw history. I have a tribe for that. if one is not good enough to be your tribe member, he is not good to be your PA also (personal slaves are not PA).

cececole

I can't think of an instance where I would have PA that is not a member of my tribe. Today someone may be your PA and a friendly neighbor with an allied tribe. In some # weeks the world shifts and your tribes are no longer allies. In some # more weeks (or eventually) your tribes are at at war.

PA = Personal Alliance Just like a tribal alliance perhaps it may need to end as circumstances shift. Perhaps, as stated above, it is wiser to stick to a personal deal for someone that is not a member of your tribe.

DeletedUser

I've got several good friends that I used to be in the same tribe with in other worlds. Usually I don't have to worry about fighting against them or anything, but I probably would if I had to, though only as a last resort.

KarmaX

Well the only Rule is Follow the tribalwars set game rule!!! Rest rules or code of honor are just for few moments. Afterall the one victorious always gets chance to write the history.