What are your personal goals?

DeletedUser

Oh, no, no.

We were able to play with the mighty Apoc. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser67005

Yes, because recruiting the west was a terrifying feat, which deserves respect...

DeletedUser

Yup. The hell, why is this game called Tribal Wars?

I always thought it was about recruiting to win...​

DeletedUser

Oh, just when people got bored of playing against mass recruiting.

Before that, we had a hell of a time. Ask anyone who was in MM.
For me the point was never to win... I could lose, doesn't matter...
But I had fun while at it.

DeletedUser67005

Agreed.

I fought against MM for some time... Got my ass handed to me... :)

I started hanging around, and I've been a friend of MM's for over a year... Loads of fun involved, chatted with many members throughout, both good and bad convo's. Bad for them, that is...

Hm? Apoc recruited the west? What?...

DeletedUser

For me the point was never to win... I could lose, doesn't matter...
But I had fun while at it.

I am English. I suspect I have a lot more experience of (and capacity to) lose than my friends on the other side of the pond think they have (that isn't a jibe at them, more a comment on the English's capacity to lose and move on). All that said...

FFS7,

Are you serious?!? The fundamental goal of a war game is to win. Whoever said it's about "the taking part" clearly lost and is covering their embarrassment.

If you really do care more about the taking part then well done you. You lost. Result. I'd seriously consider avoiding competitive pursuits in future. You clearly don't get them ;-)

DeletedUser

In regards to positioning for me, you couldn't get any closer to me then you guys did in K85, K75, K57, K67, K77 and of course my home in K58. I had thousands of incomings daily to every K but how many villages did I actually lose?

How many had trains attached? We send tons of fakes to people we want to keep busy, often attached to long range nukes that we actually HOPE will die because rebuilding them will take longer than the return trip.

You never had a concentrated op, largely due to distance. Would you like a time-lapse video to show the rising tide moving east, and closer to your position? We had no reason to make a long-jump straight to your K - as Andrew put it - while you were "waiting" you were irrelevant to the tide of the war. Why spend energy on someone doing nothing to hurt us? Heck, you were busy fighting VST and PX - so in fact you were doing us a favor burning troops of your own and those of another enemy. Thanks for the help!

WWhen I first moved to an Apoc frontline, I jumped from k58 to k85 and that was attacking red dots, not barbs.

Very impressive move to K85, by the way. Looks like it was relatively brief.

Please don't blame that on me deleting too soon - I waited and waited several months.

I've seen grass grow faster and I wasn't about to waste any more of my time waiting for you guys waiting for me to grow bored.

Another person with the waiting instead of the doing, and declaring themselves victorious by the lack of attention. Love that strategy.

If you couldn't rim Zurtle whom you had completely surrounded from Day 1, you had NO hope of taking me out ;)

Like you, he did almost nothing offensive from his position, and he still had a fair amount of good will. Sure, we flung lots of nukes and fakes to keep him busy, but not many trains. After he'd thoroughly burned his bridges, he got an op. During the period in which he deleted (on 6/6), which he didn't announce, he lost 8 pages worth of villages. I'm sure seeing the surge of the op and the associated noble trains was COMPLETELY coincidental timing with choosing to delete. Granted, I'm sure that would have been significantly less if he'd stuck around to defend himself, but he was presumably active when the writing was on the wall and had the opportunity to make a choice.

Back to a previous pic post, good job declaring victory by deleting before the fighting really started.

DeletedUser

I am English. I suspect I have a lot more experience of (and capacity to) lose than my friends on the other side of the pond think they have (that isn't a jibe at them, more a comment on the English's capacity to lose and move on). All that said...

FFS7,

Are you serious?!? The fundamental goal of a war game is to win. Whoever said it's about "the taking part" clearly lost and is covering their embarrassment.

If you really do care more about the taking part then well done you. You lost. Result. I'd seriously consider avoiding competitive pursuits in future. You clearly don't get them ;-)

You see. This is a game.
Generally... When I play, my goal is to have fun. It doesn't matter if I win, or I lose.
I think I've posted several times now that the part I enjoyed most wasn't even the taking
of villages itself... But the forums and all the stupid things we said.

As you should be able to guess... The way I play a game, is the different from the way
I live.

Small difference. Games, and living.

Just to please you:

I LOST. And I don't care about it. I had a fun couple of months.

Ps. Don't tell me you're losing it, REMEMBER, this is a game, Andy. :\

DeletedUser

How many had trains attached? We send tons of fakes to people we want to keep busy, often attached to long range nukes that we actually HOPE will die because rebuilding them will take longer than the return trip.

You never had a concentrated op, largely due to distance. Would you like a time-lapse video to show the rising tide moving east, and closer to your position? We had no reason to make a long-jump straight to your K - as Andrew put it - while you were "waiting" you were irrelevant to the tide of the war. Why spend energy on someone doing nothing to hurt us? Heck, you were busy fighting VST and PX - so in fact you were doing us a favor burning troops of your own and those of another enemy. Thanks for the help!

Very impressive move to K85, by the way. Looks like it was relatively brief.

Another person with the waiting instead of the doing, and declaring themselves victorious by the lack of attention. Love that strategy.

Like you, he did almost nothing offensive from his position, and he still had a fair amount of good will. Sure, we flung lots of nukes and fakes to keep him busy, but not many trains. After he'd thoroughly burned his bridges, he got an op. During the period in which he deleted (on 6/6), which he didn't announce, he lost 8 pages worth of villages. I'm sure seeing the surge of the op and the associated noble trains was COMPLETELY coincidental timing with choosing to delete. Granted, I'm sure that would have been significantly less if he'd stuck around to defend himself, but he was presumably active when the writing was on the wall and had the opportunity to make a choice.

Back to a previous pic post, good job declaring victory by deleting before the fighting really started.

LOTS of trains were killed - maybe YOU didn't feel that your op was concentrated but keep in mind you had players in 10 tribes. The attacks NEVER stopped and I very rarely had fakes thrown in. Ask poor Scug how many nukes he lost in K55 where he was MUCH stronger then I was - I seriously doubt he was 'burning' his nukes for fun. Iceman was another fav of mine :) Furthermore, the K57 attacks could not be defined as long range as that was where some of your biggest players had moved to but still no success for you guys - although again I was technically 'weaker' seeing as there were only 2 of us in that area. I had up to 8 nobles incoming to a single village! hahahaha

By the way, you guys DID make a LONG jump into K57 and then K58 - some of the villages were in the midst of our clusters and even adjacent to some. Did you make use of those villages? You did try as best as you guys know how to against an active. Of course your village conquers came from the inactive accounts you were constantly seeking out but it most definately wasn't for lack of trying to take mine.

I was never sitting idle waiting, not my style :) I always sent nukes where I was asked to by fellow tribemates, always defended myself and others where needed and at the end did the op on davidemah. In K58 I nobled ALL the way up to him and the others thus taking away their potential for even more expansion. Maybe the video you should have watched was the time-lapse of my moving to you guys. Maybe that's why my ODA shot up almost as fast as my ODD?

Yes, I was busy fighting other tribes too.. and winning :) That was NOT a favour to you so please don't thank me. Hell, at one stage I had incomings from 5 different tribes, lol (for ease, apoc is counted as 1 tribe). There were 4 of us that remained in V and every single one of us was growing. You'd think we would be a bigger threat then the sat accounts you were attacking.

In regards to K85, I only stopped when I encountered issues in MIM - suddenly Apoc was not the enemy as I was still good friends with Zain and Wolf at that time and a NAP was set up. Not sure it would have gone well if i had continued my rampage through K85, K86, K75 & K74 no matter how tempting :) Btw, it was VST who nobled some K85 villages (when they attacked me with ~S~), some I gifted to friends in the area and some I amazingly kept.

Zurtle DID say he was quitting to both Wolf and Zain and I'm guessing the fact that we both named our last 2 conquers 'The' and 'End' MIGHT have given you guys the heads up :p I'm not surprised every noob grew enough b*lls to attack him after that day.. as well as the use of every sit you had available.

DeletedUser

You see. This is a game.
Generally... When I play, my goal is to have fun. It doesn't matter if I win, or I lose.
I think I've posted several times now that the part I enjoyed most wasn't even the taking
of villages itself... But the forums and all the stupid things we said.

As you should be able to guess... The way I play a game, is the different from the way
I live.

Small difference. Games, and living.

Just to please you:

I LOST. And I don't care about it. I had a fun couple of months.

Ps. Don't tell me you're losing it, REMEMBER, this is a game, Andy. :\

ffs is right - in MM we never cared about winning but we were all having a ton of fun. It really was just a game for us and doing well was just a bonus. It's not like you really win anything nor does it affect your life in any way (apart from the lack of sleep) but the friendships we formed were a gain and something we could actually build on. It is very clear from talking to anyone who was in MM how close we all were and how much fun we had without ever thinking of how we were going to turn the whole world blue. I've never seen the notion of 'fun' factored into any Apoc/BA posts. You guys are always so serious or using political analogies and most predominantly, dreaming about blue, lol.

PS <3 you too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am probably wrong... And correct me if it is so...

The majority of people in the forums, since I started posting...
Were East players. As in, MM, Agression, INF. It was just a couple
people from Apoc. Maybe I'm wrong... But I always had that impression.

Even now. It's just Peter, Andy, sometimes Mac, Wetmore. Ex-MM there's
me, Bells, Swordy... Get what I'm sayin'? :icon_eek:

Anyways, I guess my point is. I, at least, had fun spamming these forums,
and whenever I saw someone from Apoc post... They were really serious
and had a I'mmakillyoubutt idea.

As I said, correct me if I'm wrong. :icon_neutral:

Ps. I love you moar, Bells.

Pss. What was this thread about...? :icon_eek:

Last edited by MsBella : Today at 07:46 Reason: Exclamation of love!
Made me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You clearly don't get it:

I have enormous fun being this grumpy!

DeletedUser

You just want more love. :icon_neutral:

But I don't want the forums to get too weird, either, without
the mod around... Eh. Never mind that. It was leading to nowhere good...

Anywayyss... As I said, you can be fun. But I hardly ever see other Apoc players
be stupid.

I can picture you wearing pink underwear... With a -MM- tattoo on your chest...
And a sign that says... "I love you Bells and Ffs7, let's have a party."

DeletedUser

The mods are around. I know 'cos they send me nice little messages :)

DeletedUser

I only get stupid infractions saying that it doesn't matter if Zurtle
loves me or not. :icon_rolleyes:
It matters very much.

DeletedUser

I only get stupid infractions saying that it doesn't matter if Zurtle
loves me or not. :icon_rolleyes:
It matters very much.

Everyone loves you and that's why I've always had to fight off all the competition :p

On a serious note, you are right about us guys always spamming and having fun on forums. I always found it weird that people would act all weird and serious in a game but hey, this may be the biggest achievement many of them will ever get so who are we to dash their only hopes and dreams? :icon_eek:

PS Did you say party? Can I bring the cake? :icon_evil: