What Are Your Religous View

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can kind of get what your saying, but I probably wont be able to give you a decent answer until you word it better in the morning :p.

but for now; your not going to like it, but it simply happened due to evoloution. The whole point in evolution is that if things weren't so complicated then what you see around you wouldnt exist. The very fact that somthing so complicated can exist in essence means that it will carry on to exist reproduce, mutate, get more complicated. If that 2nd generation can exist, it will. If it competes (occupies the same niche) as the 1st generation, only the 1st or 2nd generation can exist. Hence why we dont have a long string of species descending back from us living today.

come to join the party :icon_biggrin:.
You (pretty much) write in the above quote that evolution is the process of simple organisms mutating, and becoming more complex, then the stronger one kills off the weaker one.

However for this to occur, new information has to be made. For instance, a rat mutates so it grows wings, it has to mutate. But where is the information for wings, to be mutated in the first place? Mutation does not create new information, just muddles up what's already there.

There has been no evidence of new information being created ever. Just a rearrangement/mutation of what was already there.

I probably wrote confusingly, so here's a site that might explain it better
http://creation.com/meta-information

To Donovan, you say that how can simply matter and energy produce life yet you go on to say that mutations (which some might say is similar to creating new life) occurs due to matter and energy yeees?
Mutations already have the information for life, just not anything new.

Believing in Evolution also brings up some moral issues too. For example, what's wrong with rascism? White supremacists believe blacks are below them on the evolutionary scale, so why can't caucasians kill them off? It's just natural selection isn't it? The same would apply to endangered animals. Who cares about the dodo? it didnt have wings, so it couldn't fly away when we killed it off. It was weaker, so it's fine that we made it extinct, just natural selection right?

Same argument with global warming. So what if it kills off the other animals, We're the dominant species, isn't that what we are supposed to do?

Why should we help the africans? They're lower than us, why dont we just kill them off?

This is probably got a little over the top. oh well:icon_wink:

EDIT:
Did they not tell you at university that Down's syndrome isn't a genetic disease?
I thought it was a geneitc disease? Please point me out if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser60182

come to join the party :icon_biggrin:.
You (pretty much) write in the above quote that evolution is the process of simple organisms mutating, and becoming more complex, then the stronger one kills off the weaker one.

However for this to occur, new information has to be made. For instance, a rat mutates so it grows wings, it has to mutate. But where is the information for wings, to be mutated in the first place? Mutation does not create new information, just muddles up what's already there.

There has been no evidence of new information being created ever. Just a rearrangement/mutation of what was already there.

I probably wrote confusingly, so here's a site that might explain it better
http://creation.com/meta-information

Mutations already have the information for life, just not anything new.

Believing in Evolution also brings up some moral issues too. For example, what's wrong with rascism? White supremacists believe blacks are below them on the evolutionary scale, so why can't caucasians kill them off? It's just natural selection isn't it? The same would apply to endangered animals. Who cares about the dodo? it didnt have wings, so it couldn't fly away when we killed it off. It was weaker, so it's fine that we made it extinct, just natural selection right?

Same argument with global warming. So what if it kills off the other animals, We're the dominant species, isn't that what we are supposed to do?

Why should we help the africans? They're lower than us, why dont we just kill them off?

EDIT:

I thought it was a geneitc disease? Please point me out if I'm wrong.

Actually, mutations do create information.
There are 3 types of mutation:

1. Addition
2. Subtraction
3. Substitution

Now all 3 of those occur within a single strand of the DNA. I don't know how much or how little you know so I'll briefly explain: The different base sequences essentially code for the production of different proteins. Three bases in a row code for a amino (a subsidary of a protein) and therefore are known as a triplet or codon. When the wrong bases is substitued, a different amino acid is coded for, hence a different protein (it may even disrupt the start or stop codon but this is more complex).
A subtraction would obviously mean that the whole thing would be mucked up even more and addition is teh same etc. etc.

Go read up on it yourself :D

DeletedUser

You do realize that electrons, protons and neutrons are all based on theory right? The particles move so fast that no instrument in the world can accurately tell if matter is truly made up of such particles. So all that is a theory.

I believe that CERN Particles Generator Can Do That

And I Read Genesis 1-6 And Then I Started Reading revelations 1-3 And Then I Fell Asleep But It Was 5 In The Morning

DeletedUser67942

Evolution doesn't give basis for any of that. One human is not lower than another human on the evolutionary scale because they are all HUMAN. White supremacists believe that Africans are lower on the "scale" because it's what they've believed since before evolution was even an idea. They're just applying something new to their old beliefs to try and justify it. Not to mention, white supremacists are a minority in their beliefs.

Global warming - Supposedly this will kill us off too, so I think it's a moot point.

On the issue of morality, if you've read some philosophy on the social contract, you'll know that it talks about the relations between humans and they act certain ways based on what behavior would be like in the "state of nature", not based upon how someone looks.

Evolution isn't going to change something like that, and even if you did "prove" that evolution didn't exist, that doesn't prove something like God does exist.

donovanrules12345

I don't quite get what your saying here. Are you trying to make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about
I believe I've proved that already :icon_wink:

it looks like you've completely dismissed the fact that mutatuations can either be good or bad
So your trying to tell me, that we only ever had good mutations? WOW, what are you like 3 years old?

Did they not tell you at university that Down's syndrome isn't a genetic disease?
Lmfao! This made me lol so hard. I'm not even worthy to reply to this, how bout I give you some helpful websites instead? :icon_redface:
http://www.moondragon.org/obgyn/pediatric/downsyndrome.html
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=downsyndrome
And let me quote the first webbie:
What is Down syndrome?

Down syndrome is a genetic disorder that includes a combination of birth defects including some degree of mental retardation, characteristic facial features and, often, heart defects, visual and hearing impairment and other health problems.
Bam! :)

Evolution isn't going to change something like that, and even if you did "prove" that evolution didn't exist, that doesn't prove something like God does exist.
Dude, if you read up what and more scientists are discovering today, you'd know that evolution already has been disproved. The problem is however, that they refuse to tell you that at university or at school.
Although I'm not trying to force anyone to believe in God, I'm just trying to tell you that evolution is a bunch of crap. Btw, if you don't believe me then go back on my first posts, and maybe read up a bit on the arguments against evolution. :icon_rolleyes:

And I Read Genesis 1-6 And Then I Started Reading revelations 1-3 And Then I Fell Asleep But It Was 5 In The Morning
Lol nice :) With the revelations, just skip ahead to like chapter 6 or 8 or something, cause it's a bit boring up to that bit :icon_surprised:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

donovanrules12345 said:
Christianity is not a religion ;)

Christianity (from the Greek word Xριστός "Christ", anointed one) is a monotheistic religion[1] centered on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in the New Testament.[2] The Christian faith is essentially faith in Jesus as the Christ (or Messiah), the Son of God, the Savior, the manifestation of God to humankind (Immanuel), and God (Yahweh or the "Lord") himself.[3]

Adherents of the Christian faith, known as Christians,[4] believe that Jesus is the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible (the part of scripture common to Christianity and Judaism). Christian theology, as expressed in the early Christian ecumenical creeds claims and predominantly accepted by followers of the Christian faith,[5] holds that Jesus suffered, died from crucifixion, buried, and was resurrected from the dead to open heaven to those who believe in him and trust him for the remission of their sins (salvation).[6] They further maintain that Jesus bodily ascended into heaven where he rules and reigns with God the Father. Most denominations teach that Jesus will return to judge all humans, living and dead, and grant eternal life to his followers. He is considered the model of a virtuous life, and both the revealer and physical incarnation of God.[7] Christians call the message of Jesus Christ the Gospel ("good news") and hence refer to the earliest written accounts of his ministry as gospels.

Christianity began as a Jewish sect[8][9] and is classified as an Abrahamic religion (see also Judeo-Christian).[10][11][12] Originating in the eastern Mediterranean, it quickly grew in size and influence over a few decades, and by the 4th century had become the dominant religion within the Roman Empire. During the Middle Ages, most of the remainder of Europe was Christianized, with Christians also being a (sometimes large) religious minority in the Middle East, North Africa, and parts of India.[13] Following the Age of Discovery, through missionary work and colonization, Christianity spread to the Americas and the rest of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

There ya go. I like unnecessary stuff. Adds to all the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.