What can one do to survive on any World

Azshara

Reaction score
I just recently started playing Tribalwars again, after many years.

I've tried making things work on all the available worlds right now. I really like Classic and World 119, but find myself unable to grow anywhere. The moment my town hits anywhere around 1k in stats it gets farmed by large players with 10+ villages. I loose everything with maxed hiding spots, I have to keep dodging attacks or I loose my entire army, that's already too small to even have one small chance of competing against it. On World 119 in perticular I also lost all my scavenging spots because large players would rather take 110p of barbarian bonus villages than compete with other large players. And those large players who go for any players at all, would rather farm me and the little progress I have. It feels like I've come back to a eniterly different game where it's impossible to grow.

As of now my favorite World was classic, and I could now almost build my academy. I only needed a few hours to get it, but now incoming attacks from a player with around 8 villages. I've tried engaging in some tribes I've been in, but the smaller ones are simply so casual it's impossible. If you try to get into one of the larger tribes they take you as a refugee and turn you down immediatly. If you try to message players to not attack you, you are just put on read and never hear from them.

To me it feels impossible to get anywhere. Idk if this is something to discuss, maybe it is. Or if anyone have any tips to survive in these worlds. Because right now im pretty beat down. I enjoy the game, but I can't seem to get any further.

Azshara

Reaction score
Also I guess, one of my questions would be. How can the game be made more friendly for new/inexperienced players? I am a returning player, but I wouldn't call myself experienced.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Try starting 1-2 weeks later in a world, depending on how fast it end ups. Don't start on in the core.

Also ideally you should PP farm 1 world, so you can have premium account/+20 percent from pits, and you'll be able to scav better using scripts.

The forumn also has a guide which lets you have 800+ spears out of BP and that will help you grow.

Classic is too fast of a world, so is w119 as well, if you're solo you'd rather have a slower world.

I suggest moving to casual 11 straight when it opens, you'll have a chance to learn the game and play at your own pace.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The ugly truth is that very few "new" players is gonna have a chance at enjoying the game during the startup for a few reasons...
The biggest one is the premium exchange which many experienced players use to get extra resources in early game, where you spend premium points (rate is about 64 res / pp in start). Anyone who isnt using this is gonna fall behind. Experienced players also often build pits in early stage to boost that passive income and not unusual that they end the BP with pits above 25 (and a beginner might be at ~15)...

There is a few things that might let you survive a bit longer:
* Start the new world maybe 5 days later when the first BP runs out for other players. This way you wont get close to those that used relocate the first days, and you wont be in the core and hopefully a bit of distance to the biggest players.
* If you have a big neighbour in close to you, check their stats, if its a player that grown big on many worlds, there is a small chance you can probably get some tips from them and they'll let you be. Atleast if you in the rim and not in core.
* Farm some Premium Points on your first world that you spend on Premium Account and Premium Exchange on the next world. Some people let you be if you farm premium points, since you not really gonna focus on troops, and some will approach you with a deal to let you be if you drop village for free later on.

Glomao da Porra

Reaction score
If you want to play head to head with these players you'd have 2 options
- or you spend your time playing just to earn premium points, so that in a future world you can actually play
- or you open your wallet and spend a lot of money buying premium points

Other than that, you will be left behind whether you start at the beginning of the world or a few days later and you will be frustrated because the dynamics of the game today is quite another.

I understand you completely but unfortunately the game we used to play is no longer the same.

Good game, if you have fun it is profit.

Azshara

Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses. As of right now im doing quite well on world 119, I made friends with one large player around my area and it solved alot of problems for me. In Classic not so much since im getting a noble train my way there as im writing. And makes me wonder why someone with 20 villages can attack you when you have one (I just nobled a barbarian village, but its 150p which doesn't count much. I guess I'll have to try and message the person, but the last time I was put on read so it's fine. I enjoy this world, but start to not care too much when this just happens

I sadly cannot spend money on the game at this moment, but will try my best to save up some points. I didn't know these could be used on different worlds. It's not something im very familiar with.

Azshara

Reaction score
This is not supposed to be a rant thread by any means, but I guess it can look like that. I really appreciate your answers and tips. And I will make sure to use them better.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi @Azshara ,

Welcome to the game! While Tribal Wars is possible to be played without premium points, it can become very tedious and time consuming to do so. Over the past years we have tried to implement ways for players to gain premium points by themselves (by for example the premium exchange). The exchange allows you to join a world and sell resources to other players for Premium Points. Once you then have a nice amount built up, you can use that 'stock' to play actively on a world you want to compete on.

There are several guides in our Learn the Game! section that can help you get started with "PP Farming" (as it is called), as well as learn you various other mechanics of the game.
Some great examples:

don't hesitate to reach out (here or in support) if you have specific questions. We are all more than happy to help out!

Kind regards,
JJ

PS; I have sent you 1,000 premium points from my personal account that you are free to use. Try to read some guides and invest them wisely! Enjoy and welcome to the game!

PPS: I may also advise you to join our newest Casual world once it starts (it will be announced soon). They are usually a more protected environment for new players to learn the game

Azshara

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just really want to thank each and every one of you that reached out and contacted me to help. It really meant alot. I didn't have high hopes when making this thread, but many people came with good tips and even some of you reached out to me ig. Thanks for all the nice messages, help and everything in general. I'm doing quite well on World 119 atm. Maybe I will see you all on World 120 later. Have a good one!

Reaction score
Bigger players always need bashers, find someone and he is gonna protect you, you will be able to learn something and see how game works

7Jefferson

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If you want to, you can reach out to me with your Discord and I'll help you with specific situations.

mattcurr

Reaction score
Coplayer and spam lc. The skill base has dropped so much that no one understands how to start anymore. Iirc I could normally Solo top 10 or so while selling and buying send selling res for pp gain within the same world. Especially if you can purposefully join as the world expands to a new K. The only thing I would change from my old guides is a reduction in hq level and tax/stable as the small worlds are over farmed, scavenger is also op in the beginning. Favor mine levels heavily in the new meta sell res for mine levels production increase. Honestly no one good at start up is around much find my checklist for starting and make those adjustments to it being out of date. You can probably be top 5 or if you farm some pp you can probably get number one with spending maybe 1000 pp Total.

It's extremely hard mathematically to best a good player in start up l. Even when more skill based players were around the top two farmers at one village would pull in a million or so res a day before nobling and the fall off is very quick to sub 200k res a day.

The main issue is that the advantages of pp are front loaded on day 1-5 since you get lc faster and that builds on itself. But even with that you can catch up because they can't out buy a good player except for maybe 1-3 people per world which likely won't be near you. Most guides are trash most players on the forums are trash find someone who isn't trash to specifically help you with a start up.

Or read shit I wrote and extrapolate the changes in the game. Very few people who were really good at understanding the game shared knowledge cheeseasurus guides will be Good maybe minty(I just looked marshy has some good ones too, the start up guides in that area right now though by others are really bad). I should have given you enough information within this post to understand how to alter those guides. I used to also break down top 10 players mathematics in New world's picking a subject that I found was woefully misunderstood and using hard numbers from the top players to explain why it was wrong. Post 1 village for instance you can easily keep up while farming 1/10th the top players because no one understands effective resource management and deminishing ROI. Those may be harder to find as I don't even remember my own aliases

Last edited:

TW.PLAYER

Reaction score
There is also no mention of the flags. I myself am pp ing each world and buying flags since my old account here got deleted and all my flags.

mattcurr

Reaction score
There is also no mention of the flags. I myself am pp ing each world and buying flags since my old account here got deleted and all my flags.
Idk man I played accounts with flags and non flags in pp worlds never had a top level one still rank 1 all the time. Because the percents are from the base number not cumulative it's less of an impact since they're pretty liberal with the low level flags it's a few percentage difference. And the farming gap between a good player and everyone else is so huge for the early stages it just really matters for day one through five

d4m0

Reaction score
But even with that you can catch up because they can't out buy a good player except for maybe 1-3 people per world which likely won't be near you.
The last world I played here someone just outside my 15x15 nobled a barb by day two, and within the first week a guy right next to me built an acad. It's not like 5 years ago where there would only be a couple of serious pp abusers per world. Obviously it'll slow down later on but that may not help you if the guy next to you has bought himself an acad, a half nuke, and 4k def well before the end of the second week and then decides that you can provide him with a great fifth village :)

mattcurr

Reaction score
The last world I played here someone just outside my 15x15 nobled a barb by day two, and within the first week a guy right next to me built an acad. It's not like 5 years ago where there would only be a couple of serious pp abusers per world. Obviously it'll slow down later on but that may not help you if the guy next to you has bought himself an acad, a half nuke, and 4k def well before the end of the second week and then decides that you can provide him with a great fifth village :)
I'd already double checked myself on this when I decided to speak. The rank 1 player nobles 5 days after the start of the world in 121 it used to take like 10 at that speed zero pp and no flags or scavenger. being top 20 means going significantly slower than 1-5. And like I said I doubt many capable of keeping up back in the day are left to challenge that pace. It's hardly been 15 worlds since I was rank 1 without spending that much and yeah I nobled pretty late iirc and it took until 100k to catch up but the guys nobling at day 5 would have become a farm if they attempted to attack me with an army that size. And that was an event world really early which is the most broken shit they do

This guy wants to simply survive, all I'm saying is a good start up player can certainly still survive probably top 20 easily. Spend 5k pp which is fairly quick to farm in another world and you'll be top5 if you don't spend it like an idiot. There seems to be no rule change in the past two years I can find that would change this.

d4m0

Reaction score
Nobody doubts that you can be rank 1, especially if you're going to spend almost a hundred dollars' worth of pp. I imagine you could have even survived and thrived in my area. The point is that that probably doesn't apply to a new player.

I joined over a week late and I still matched the rank 1's per day looting (and almost scavenging even though he had like 8 villages) within 8 days. I've been playing this game for 15 years, have a couple of rank 1s, mostly due to cheese but whatever, and I still got forced out by a guy who was smart enough to buy troops along with his day 7 academy: so what hope does a newer player have? Obviously, they would have to become part of the problem. That's not a solution I favor, personally.

Alternatively, I just got really unlucky. But the fact remains that if that's possible, shit's fucked.