What Can You Do Against Inner K Tribes?

DeletedUser122066

Not new to the game, however, I'm returning after a long break and the active player base has definitely fallen. Currently, my tribe consists of about 1/3 of the only active villages on the rim. We're in a sea of barbarians, inactive players, and generally incompetent active players. Unfortunately, this means that we don't have allies.

A two-tribe coalition from the inside of the K had been pushing outwards before half of us even started. Not here to complain or suggest some sort of balancing mechanism. We've beaten over a dozen noble trains and held down villages for weeks, but knew from the get-go that this wasn't sustainable. Just asking if there's anything that a tribe could possibly do, in our situation? If not, then for future reference, is starting in the center the only way to go now?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I'd say that overall there is a slight edge to rim tribes over core tribes. But the win % for either is roughly the same. Without knowing any details about your specific situation here are some possible options you could consider

1) Turtle up and take as many villages as you have nobles for. Doesnt matter if its barbs or player villages. Put your overall tribe to about 80% def/off ratio. Im assuming since you implied you have active/competent players that you can all snipe and stack properly. Your goal here is to make them attacking your tribe not cost effective so they look for easier prey. This isnt really long-term sustainable but you can get a couple of months breathing room

2) Reach out for diplomacy. Either with them to arrange some kind of allied tribe status or float the idea of mergers/recruitment. Im guessing since you said they are a two-tribe coalition its some kind of crappy family tribe or something like that so they'll probably go for it if you can state your case properly. Or with potential enemies of them to organize some kind of alliance against them

3) Mass-recruit everyone on the rim thats possible. Doesnt matter if they are inactive they only need to login once a day to send def out. Doesnt matter if they are incompetent its not hard to send def out either. Although you will probably have to be prepared for the stress that comes with dealing with that but it can work again in the short term

If you want more advice or whatever give me a shout