what do you think of noobs?

• Thread starter Defender of Jerusalem
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I find mass recruiting a few players (10-15) actually helps at the beginning, and to be completly honest, i always mass recruit at the beginning.

Does that make me a noob?

Well, not realy. mass recruiting can attract many players, some of which evewn may be experienced. just kick the inactives, point whores, etc etc. then you will have a handful of decent players left. Mass recruit some more, flush out extras, repeat. works like a charm.

rolaids

I find mass recruiting a few players (10-15) actually helps at the beginning, and to be completly honest, i always mass recruit at the beginning.

Well, not realy. mass recruiting can attract many players, some of which evewn may be experienced. just kick the inactives, point whores, etc etc. then you will have a handful of decent players left. Mass recruit some more, flush out extras, repeat. works like a charm.

The thing about it is, and no offense, once you're past about the 500 point stage it's pretty straightforward to look at someones twstats page and figure out whether they're worth recruiting.

The idea that you need to have them in your tribe first in order to determine whether or not they're any good is misguided in my opinion. The only information that gains you is whether or not they can type, and that's not really relevant to their ability to time things.

DeletedUser

erk-hum.

Without noobs there are no new members, with no new members the game will go further into decline.

I think you 'anti-noob', 'pro tribe' guys need to wise up a bit. Okay sure, these self called 'leaders' of the mass recruiters need every last bit of humiliating but still:

The thing about it is, and no offense, once you're past about the 500 point stage it's pretty straightforward to look at someones twstats page and figure out whether they're worth recruiting.

The idea that you need to have them in your tribe first in order to determine whether or not they're any good is misguided in my opinion. The only information that gains you is whether or not they can type, and that's not really relevant to their ability to time things.

So spare a thought for your local noob who is trying so hard to keep up. Give him a little tease with your scouts and if he doesn't spear nuke you villa whilst spaming you with hate mail he may be a good little addition to your tribe.

That or a cheap noble.

DeletedUser

we all were noobs at some point in our TW life,some of you still are.

DeletedUser

we all were noobs at some point in our TW life,some of you still are.

Noobs can therefore learn to be pro in your tribe. Imo an active noob, willing to learn willing to play a lot (and is a bit clever aka a fastlearner) is much better then an inactive arrogant good player.

DeletedUser

Noobs can therefore learn to be pro in your tribe. Imo an active noob, willing to learn willing to play a lot (and is a bit clever aka a fastlearner) is much better then an inactive arrogant good player.

Totally agree. So you better watch out! :icon_twisted:

[spoil]JK sweetie <3[/spoil]

DeletedUser

I actually agree with good leadership a mass-recruit tribe can make as long as the ration is maximum 1:1 Noob:experianced! But then I am still learning at this game so am I a noob, :icon_redface:

bugcommander

I find that it is far easier to teach newer players how to play this game properly and work as a team then most players who have been playing this game a long time and have big ego's. Also newer players tend to be far more active especially if its there first world which makes them far easier to meld into a good player who can work as part of a team and help fullfill overall tribe objectives.

So give me some newer players with a thirst for learning and good activity over a bunch of ego inflated vets how think they are great just because they got into a decent premade

DeletedUser

I find that it is far easier to teach newer players how to play this game properly and work as a team then most players who have been playing this game a long time and have big ego's. Also newer players tend to be far more active especially if its there first world which makes them far easier to meld into a good player who can work as part of a team and help fullfill overall tribe objectives.

So give me some newer players with a thirst for learning and good activity over a bunch of ego inflated vets how think they are great just because they got into a decent premade

+1.

When your a tribe leader, new players often show much more respect.

DeletedUser

I find that it is far easier to teach newer players how to play this game properly and work as a team then most players who have been playing this game a long time and have big ego's.

Sometimes it's vice versa. Humble vets, stupid noobs who think they're good.

bugcommander

Sometimes it's vice versa. Humble vets, stupid noobs who think they're good.

You have to find a balance to realistically make a good tribe that will succeed long term. I was just using my point as an example for this thread to what i think about noobs. The last tribe i played in was a lot of humble vets who had very high skill levels dominating world 55 so yeah humble vets are awesome too

DeletedUser

note i said beginning =)