What do you think will happen in this world?

DaanRabih

Reaction score
To compare old gameplay and new gameplay is just utterly pointless.
There are alot of changes to the game that old players just dont match up anymore.
Ive spent huge tons of PP on a world and the matter of the fact is PP replaces skill and effort.

Look at Jim tardname .
He doesnt farm and only recently started scavving, yet he is rank 1
So he buys the res he needs with pp to make up for his lazy.

Ive seen players who launch away top be top 5 grow to millions of points get fully nobled by a 10k player with skill because he was bored.
PP is the means to an end. but it doesnt win you the game by far. I think ULTRABOOST has proven this more than once.

If someone nobles you, you simple got outplayed.
Tribalwars is more than just a village conquering game, it is a diplomatic game aswell. How many people join family tribes and are just hoards of bad players with innactive accounts waiting to be eaten. and afterwards go to the forum to complain about PP spending is just ridiculous.

would the game be better and more fun without PP ?? yes duh..
But there also wouldnt be a game, servers need to be paid, devs / mods need to be paid, this very website needs to be paid.

Learn the game, Meet friends, join together on accounts, form premade tribes. and those pp "noobs" will be just nice villages to noble.

Vlad Putin

Reaction score
would the game be better and more fun without PP ?? yes duh..
But there also wouldnt be a game, servers need to be paid, devs / mods need to be paid, this very website needs to be paid.

This isn't quite true. Premium features existed for a long time before pay-to-win features were introduced. Lots of people spent lots of money on this game and never were able to buy an academy before beginner protection wore off. It's not a question of paying for servers that run the game. It's more likely a question of eliminating servers to buy second and third super yachts for Innogame execs. But even that probably isn't true, either. If one were to look strictly at a business perspective, it's doubtful that the development of pay-to-win features have actually been effective at yielding increased total profits for Innogames. At best, margins have increased, but Innogames really tanked their customer base for this particular product and they have no interest in revitalizing it. So they're simply riding it out, extracting as much cheap short term value they can for as long as they can--like a media conglomerate riding out a newspaper before eventually shutting it down.

Vlad Putin

Reaction score
So no neurons stimulations, no math usage, i am surprised you got that far, have you clicked randomly on the screen till you got to 100 villages?

Those of us who have studied logic are familiar with something known as the composition fallacy. This fallacy occurs when someone argues that what is true for a component of something is true for the whole thing. An example would be to say that an automobile is made of glass because the windshield is made of glass. When it comes to tribalwars, there are aspects of the game that are mathematical in nature. You are using that to argue that the game as a whole is a math based game.

Math can be found everywhere in the universe. And it would be impossible to find action or activity that cannot be seen to involve some kind of mathematical principle or knowledge. Even walking down the street could be said to involve math. The act of taking multiple steps in succession could be considered a form of counting. Someone wanting to arrive at their destination sooner might walk faster, so now we have informal speed calculations involved. But none of this means that walking is a mathematical activity. Whether an individual is good at math will have no bearing on their ability to walk down the street. And indeed, where some walking based activity may actually involve applying math skills (say, a person wants to walk to work a mile from their home so they calculate the time they must leave in order to get there before their scheduled shift begins), the level of math skill is so rudimentary it's still an irrelevancy. The math involved in Tribal Wars usually isn't all that complex, and between third party sites, scripts, and other tools, it's been a very long time since an individual's mathematical skills have had much anything to do with their success in the game.

Bjorn Ironside

Reaction score
There's plenty of strats and a "good player" will fit and adapt to every changes. There's no excuses.
If someone choose to noble barbs and in the end comes out victorious, shoutout to him. Its their business how they accomplished that.
Personally, If I haven't farm enough PP to keep up with the rest, I'll do the old way.
Rank 4 and nobled only 1 barb for only strategic purposes, jumpin on the rim.

Other than that, I'll eat nubcakes anytime, anywhere, PP or No PP, thats why Weakness disgusts ME

A.k.a the nubcake eater

asd.jpg

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Skill expression has evolved significantly since the game was released.

Back then the name of the game was all about macro management. Managing 10/100/1000/10000 villages over many year time frames manually is no small potatoes. I applaud anyone back then who has the mental capacity to do that. I'd be quite happy to hold my hand up and say there is a 0% chance I would ever be fucked to do that.

However 15 years on the game has transitioned to be more micro orientated and most of what separates top tier from mid tier players is min-maxing to eke out an advantage. The game is significantly more streamlined and improvements to scripts/AM/community knowledge etc takes away 90% of the burden of macro management. Its not an exaggeration to say I can manage a 2000 village account pretty effectively with half hour per day only. Which obviously frees up a lot of potential time to actually improve frontline fighting skills (not that I personally need to do that as I'm the best player in the game obviously)

To compare old school players skill to newer is a fallacy. Its like saying OG Olympic sprinters would beat todays generation in a race when there's like 0% chance of that. Any mid-tier player (I.e a couple of world wins) right now would utterly shit on any elite top tier player from a decade ago in a straight 1v1 fight. It wouldn't be close. Those old nerds probably still be manually queuing their spears to snipe 1 by 1 using a clock calculator while the frontline evaporates cos ops don't travel for 2 weeks anymore.

And PP has nothing to do with any of that. The games just changed. If you can't remain competitive in the game with a different meta then either you aren't actually as good as you think you are or it just doesn't cater to your skillset anymore.

DaanRabih

Reaction score
Skill expression has evolved significantly since the game was released.

Back then the name of the game was all about macro management. Managing 10/100/1000/10000 villages over many year time frames manually is no small potatoes. I applaud anyone back then who has the mental capacity to do that. I'd be quite happy to hold my hand up and say there is a 0% chance I would ever be fucked to do that.

However 15 years on the game has transitioned to be more micro orientated and most of what separates top tier from mid tier players is min-maxing to eke out an advantage. The game is significantly more streamlined and improvements to scripts/AM/community knowledge etc takes away 90% of the burden of macro management. Its not an exaggeration to say I can manage a 2000 village account pretty effectively with half hour per day only. Which obviously frees up a lot of potential time to actually improve frontline fighting skills (not that I personally need to do that as I'm the best player in the game obviously)

To compare old school players skill to newer is a fallacy. Its like saying OG Olympic sprinters would beat todays generation in a race when there's like 0% chance of that. Any mid-tier player (I.e a couple of world wins) right now would utterly shit on any elite top tier player from a decade ago in a straight 1v1 fight. It wouldn't be close. Those old nerds probably still be manually queuing their spears to snipe 1 by 1 using a clock calculator while the frontline evaporates cos ops don't travel for 2 weeks anymore.

And PP has nothing to do with any of that. The games just changed. If you can't remain competitive in the game with a different meta then either you aren't actually as good as you think you are or it just doesn't cater to your skillset anymore.

It's just the typical old school "pro's coming to complain about why they are getting nobled

crystalball

Reaction score
Interesting points of view here. Good players adapt to the world and time they are playing in. GL to all

The Strategist

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
HA! HAHA! HA! HAHAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA!

That's cute. Utter garbage, but it's cute.

The "elite" player of today would absolutely have been run off back when this game still great. Back then, worlds filled up and had to be close because there was no room left on the map. Nowadays, worlds die after a few months because there's no point in joining them. The end is already pre-determined and you are merely waiting to have the information revealed. Nobody is going to "win" this world by accomplishing anything of significance.

You say the game is about math. That is where you are wrong. This is [supposed to be] a strategy game. Strategy games are never pre-determined. Their final disposition is the result of a ever changing dynamics as opponents maneuver, change, adapt to each other, attempt to out guess and out smart each other's moves, so on and so forth. But a math game is just a math game. Math is only interested in unyielding, unmovable facts.

People like you are weak, plain and simple. And you make excuses for your weakness by saying that you've found a way to make it a strength. Buying PP to turn around and buy your way to victory is exactly that.

You're not playing a game. You're simply paying to have the neurons in your brain stem stimulated. Coda is more generous than I will be. I say there's no skill involved at all anymore. The only reason people think there is, is because what constitutes "skill" nowadays is such a watered down concept that anything goes.
While I think you are right by saying it was more enjoyable, the play style in the past. Todays players would best most of the accounts from worlds gone by.
First 20 or so worlds people barely farmed and most accounts had 1 player, maybe 2. And it was your most active players (those with no jobs/lives) that would carry the tribe/lead.

Early game yes barbs were frowned upon because it would take sooooo long to build them up, so that strategy was not viable, or cost effective. So you were best off going for a decent village in order to get a good head start. It was the correct and most effective strategy.

Players/accounts of today have 2-4 players per account. This is really a great thing because we need a life, and this is more fun than spend all day on the game. And nobling barbs today is worth it, you get so many items from events, you can buy res and instant build, IT is the correct strategy. The game has just evolved. And accounts of today would smash most from early worlds easy, They have just adapted to the strategy of the game at this moment in time and would adapt back if we had another W100 type world.

Skill of previous worlds? was just more villages, longer wars, they didn't do anything different. Ive been doing the same thing since world 19. Fakes, nukes, nobles, support. Fangs.

Only difference is that you had to spend more time micromanaging the account, because no AM to do the dull tasks for you, like smithy levels, building villages etc.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
While I think you are right by saying it was more enjoyable, the play style in the past. Todays players would best most of the accounts from worlds gone by.

I honestly doubt that the vast majority of current players would have been able to be as successful in earlier worlds - particularly with the original game features (no AM, no LA, no option to purchase resources or speed up build times). It's a completely different and in many ways easier game now.

For clarity. By earlier worlds I mean w30+. I've played on and off since w20.

The size, scope, skill and strategy were very different and far more complex back when the continents reached the 80s and 90s. The game has significantly evolved since then. When you strip away the more modern aspects that make gameplay simpler, quicker and easier...more modern players - who have never had to experience the insanity of startups in core, mid-range or late starters, the difficulty of balancing diplomacy on a world with 15-20 major tribes or even the fact that you couldn't set up a perfectly positioned premade tribe - will struggle, more so than older players such as myself adapting to the evolved style of gameplay.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Interesting. I feel that in the older worlds we had different challenges mainly due to the fact that they did not end, but there is more to it than just that.
As for the core being a hard place yes it was many players had nobles just after protection and they took villages not barbs that did not grow.

Dare to be Great

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The size, scope, skill and strategy were very different and far more complex back when the continents reached the 80s and 90s. The game has significantly evolved since then. When you strip away the more modern aspects that make gameplay simpler, quicker and easier...more modern players - who have never had to experience the insanity of startups in core, mid-range or late starters, the difficulty of balancing diplomacy on a world with 15-20 major tribes or even the fact that you couldn't set up a perfectly positioned premade tribe - will struggle, more so than older players such as myself adapting to the evolved style of gameplay.

And these points made the worlds very exciting and interesting!

PowerofGod.

Reaction score
Crazy numbers

Huge Maps
ha, I use to be the forum mod for World 9..Good times... but I had over 90mill points on 1 acct before World 9 was even thought of lol, I love hearing all the new vs old Banter... Ill say it once "Yes the new meta players are the torch holders now but dont you Script flicking, PP slurping, AM loving new guys get it misunderstood, We the originals hold the blueprint.

Where do many think these Scripts, Playstyles, Information, Trial & Error first started? We did it and argued with the best of Jirki, Morthy, etc to get this game to where it is now and we just have to give credit where it is due just like I give credit to all the new age players for keeping the game alive regardless of if its How I prefer it to be, It still lives on and some of these new players definitely would hand it to some of us old players without learning to adapt.

But any player like myself that has been around since 2006 or before that takes the time to adapt to the new metas could easily hand some of these new guys the "Glorious Rim Village", But we're too busy with Kids, Jobs, Wives, and arguing about our past Triumphs because Ill be honest after 2-3yrs on a few worlds I dont think I could stand to try and prove my point again LOL.

Keep the Flame alive New Gen X TW players, The world is yours!!

shadowbuzo

Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that this is a conversatrion, coming from W12, I can see why people are so passionate of which players are best, in my experience, I remember managing that 1k+ villas account all by myself, no premium as I was just a student and would just spend pretty much all my time in the game, sleeping 3 hours sometimes not even that when wars started.

The first 3 weeks here I had to pretty much re-learn the game, seeing people grow so fast I wasn't even sure they werent cheating, until someone explaiend to me that now you can purchase resources, and sell resources for PP it was the first time that I used AM and loot assistant outside of the free trials, it's been fun for me and in all honesty most players I have faced so far just whore points, sometimes finding 4k+ villas with no more than 100sp and swords.

But then again I was nobled in the first week by a player that knew what he was doing, and that was a hard lesson for me, I can't really say which players would do best if old or new, but there's a reason why they are the best regardless of when it happened, they knew the game and how to play it in their favor.

And still seeing people grow so fast I'm still a bit reluctant on nobling barbs, flashbacks of being a called tribal hugs player come to mind when the idea crosses my mind, but I can see that it is now an advantage to noble barbs as they can be build really fast.

Gnarlax

Reaction score
in a premium free market scenario, players of old very much would be a challenge for modern players especially whales. Build orders have been around since at least world 30 and the math problems have pretty much always been the same the variables just change from time to time. Do not forget who laid the foundation.

DaanRabih

Reaction score
in a premium free market scenario, players of old very much would be a challenge for modern players especially whales. Build orders have been around since at least world 30 and the math problems have pretty much always been the same the variables just change from time to time. Do not forget who laid the foundation.

The same people who are building the game today, as they are all old players .. kek

Amycakes

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked when I came back to try the game again and saw all the flatout in-game advantages you get for PP these days. Back in my day, premium was a nice feature that you bought like a subscription that made account management easier, less tedious, just nice and neat and etc. There was a point of emphasis on premium only giving you quality of life advantages. It was a positive thing to buy premium - you supported the game, you felt like part of the community, it made life easier but didn't feel like a cop-out in any way, was just... a nice thing. I bought premium in bulk, even bought it for other people. I didn't have the negative associations, it was like buying pure cosmetics for a game in the modern era.

Funnily enough, seeing that you get in-game advantages now for 10pp here, 100pp there, 30pp for this, 30pp for that, makes me want to buy it LESS than back when all it did was make your account management easier and give you a bigger mini map. It does just make it feel like a mobile game that wants your money and it's a bit... eh... not really any surprise the playerbase dropped off.

Kind of a self-fulfilling cycle. The tighter you squeeze, the more players slip tend to through your fingers.