what does your completed village look like?

Lord_bimber

Lol, people saying that about 800 difference in population doesn't matter :icon_eek:

Oh yea, max your villages, there are many advantages, you don't have annoying 'upgrade' buttons in your HQ, your 12k village looks c00l, cuz it has a moat and everything... simply killing by its awesome look... yea, with maxed workshop you can pretty fast make ultimate fake force, like 1000 rams, aim to fake attack your whole continent! Oh, forgot about market 25, oh grrreat, now you can go to merchant war! Don't you know that all merchants are axemen wannabes :icon_rolleyes:[/sarcasm]

Just.... don't cry when you lost a battle because of negative luck, and your noble was blocked, while it was a matter of 100 axes difference to win/lose a battle. But NAH! better use a few hundreds of population to have a cute army of merchants..

Also, dont cry if you have 50+ maxed villages and you are attacking someone with 70% morale, what means almost 1/3 more losses for you in offense. But nah, it's way cooler to have moat everywhere and ~3k more points per village. O yea, and you don't have these annoying 'upgrade' buttons in your HQ :lol:

So, YEAH! Max your villages, I don't care, this game has a feature called "downgrade" after all :lol:

Sorry, was a bit bored :icon_rolleyes:

dsw123

Believe it or not, the lack of those upgrade options in the HQ makes this game far more enjoyable. It means you can easily distinguish between what villages still need stuff building in them, and which don't.

About the "100 more axes" comment. It could apply to anything. Even with your 1337 8k village with maxed out troops, you could still be noble dodged and need 100 more axes. It's pretty damned rare though, as most people don't bother dodging.

servy

If you have 157 villages you probably have premium, so you can distingish what villages need more building by having them in their own group.

Since I never go to the HQ of a village that's completed the link is never even there to concievably bother me.

dsw123

I don't like having the same village in two groups. I.e. I capture a village, it needs some stuff building so I would put it in the "build me" group, but I also want to make it an offensive vill, so I am compelled to put it into the "offensive" group...but if I put it in both, it would mess me around, because I'd have to watch out for it in both groups. Multiply this by however many villages need building and...well, you see the problem.

servy

If you don't want to put a single village into two groups then that's your issue. Most of my villages are in at least 2-3 groups, if not more, you just need to use them proporly.

dsw123

Meh, forgot about this thread, but felt the need to reply anyway.

You can't remember which vills you have been through already, and which you haven't, expecially if you're co ordinating something with tribesmates. The idea you could remember that you went through the village in the "build" group and so you dont look at it again in the "offence" group is preposterous.

dbagmcgee

If you reckon a couple of thousand extra troops is worth losing 4800 res per hour for, then go ahead! :lol: Be sure to tell us how it went when you are sent to the rim!
Maybe I'm new, but I thought offensive troops could farm villages to. Thats what I do with them most of the time.

servy

Meh, forgot about this thread, but felt the need to reply anyway.

You can't remember which vills you have been through already, and which you haven't, expecially if you're co ordinating something with tribesmates. The idea you could remember that you went through the village in the "build" group and so you dont look at it again in the "offence" group is preposterous.
You could have many groups, for each different action. I would have a build group, in which I would go to each village in that group and check the HQ. I would also have a recuiting group where all I would do is go through the recruiting page and add troops, same thing with a storing packet group. When a village is done building/recruiting it gets moved to another group, if it's invoved in a battle and loses a wall/troops it will be moved into one or more of those groups.

dsw123

But that takes time/effort. Much better to max out your villages the same way so you don't have to figure out which vills to build and which not. Eliminates the need for such groups.

Also, you WANT your villages the same size. If you only build workshops in your offensive villages, it's obvious to the enemy which villages your offensive ones are, for instance.

And of course, those annoying "upgrade" buttons are in the HQ. A few population lost is small potatoes compared with the time/annoyance factor it will save you from putting up with.

Also dbagmcgee, farming takes effort and time, which is what I'm trying to cut down on. I never farmed- and I'm damn well not going to send out 150 vills worth of troops each day when I could just upgrade my resource mines!

Last edited by a moderator:

osdeath

But that takes time/effort. Much better to max out your villages the same way so you don't have to figure out which vills to build and which not. Eliminates the need for such groups.

Also, you WANT your villages the same size. If you only build workshops in your offensive villages, it's obvious to the enemy which villages your offensive ones are, for instance.

And of course, those annoying "upgrade" buttons are in the HQ. A few population lost is small potatoes compared with the time/annoyance factor it will save you from putting up with.

Also dbagmcgee, farming takes effort and time, which is what I'm trying to cut down on. I never farmed- and I'm damn well not going to send out 150 vills worth of troops each day when I could just upgrade my resource mines!
ant that would be the advantage i have, i dont mind taking the time to send out all my offensive troops on farming missions, i mean if i send all my troops out twice a day im bringing in far mroe resoruces than my farms would in 1 day

Tarion

See, I never have the problem of not being able to tell what needs building. Because I know what levels I take everything too, I can tell at a glance.

DeletedUser26080

it all depends. u can give time for buildings and not do ur headquarters if u dont fite much. u dont need a high farm if u dont ahve many troops. if u can give time to make troops, dont level up ur barracks too much...

dsw123

Osdeath- I seriously doubt you will still feel the same way after you get a few more villages. It would take me about 2 hours to send all the troops out. Screw that.

Tarion- and so do I, as every village is 10696.