what happened????

Pedemiko

hey guys so I'm a former ~I~ player. i left after we lost the war against $CoD$. but I'm looking to see how did XXXX end up winning the world!!

COULD SOMEONE illuminate me? what happened to XIII and RBE? i read until RBE was owning XIII and that where the top 20 tribes thread stopped.

any kind player who wants to narrate an epic story?

DeletedUser

OK, so here goes:

As you have it where $CoD$ just defeated ~I~ and RBE was owning XIII - I guess that's a good enough place to pick up...

I think at that point the teams looked something like this:

1. D3TH F. (including Bdeath as they merged at some point)/RBE/Apollo
2. XIII F./TBP (to some degree, although I think they were somewhat independant of eachother)
3. $CoD$ F./SLW (not sure of their diplo together, but they ended up merging, so for all intents and purposes, I'm lumping them together - maybe it was a war that drove them together)
$CoD$ also swallowed EXP either by force or by merge (I think some kind of combination at least involving the threat of force).

and...

4. XXXX/BRKDA/DOR

SO - group 1 decided to go to war against groups 2 & 4 simultaneously, which went on for a time - maybe 4-6 months, summer of 2009 I think. Prior to the end of that war, RBE fell apart and whoever was left that didn't quit either went independant or joined XIII (kind of expanded the front line for D3TH) - after that D3TH F. fell apart, but instead of joining XIII, we decided to go in with XXXX as we had a common goal at that point (kill Apollo for not doing anything to help out during the war) - after all was said and done, I think about 35 people from the D3TH family went to XXXX, with a few going back to re-form Bdeath (that will become important in a bit). In this new shape, XXXX/BRKDA/DOR quickly overran the NW corner. A largish splinter tribe from the remnants of D3TH reared its head (EBR) so after Apollo was done - EBR became the next target of XXXX. During this timeframe - group 2 and group 3 were at war, and the new Bdeath also took up arms against group 2.

At some point XXXX finished cleaning up EBR and were now sealed in behind Bdeath and XIII. Meanwhile, XIII was falling apart, XIII/XIV merged at some point, and continued to war $CoD$, but it was a fairly solid stalemate, not sure either side really took/held much ground from the other, but I wasn't involved, so didn't follow it too closely.

So, seeing the writing on the wall, XXXX grew in ranks again, by pulling in the strongest of the remaining XIII F. players (which included most of the crossovers from RBE). When this happened, there was a jump at recruitment by $CoD$ as well, who took a fair number of ex-XIII F. players themselves, and thus began the big war...

$CoD$ F. vs. XXXX/Bdeath (BRKDA/DOR who eventually merged - moved across the northern rim taking out the junk that was up there and eventually ended up engaging $CoD$ in K48/K49 too)
XXXX jumped on the new $CoD$ recruits, and took over K53 in the first month, then headed into K54/K63. K63 was successful - K54 was only 1/2 successful, and stayed that way for many months, a lot of dead nukes happened in that K. eventually we went around and took over K64, and K73 with Bdeath holding strong in K72/K71/K70. XXXX also had a long standing couple of players in K81 who absorbed an enormous amount of nukes before finally breaking.

At some point here, there was an internal rift in $CoD$ - which saw the formation of SLW in the SW. XXXX took out $CoD$ members from K80 along with Bdeath, and the war then split to where Bdeath was mostly just fighting SLW and XXXX was just fighting $CoD$ - overall, SLW was beating Bdeath I think, but they were holding quite strong where XXXX was marching hard on $CoD$. An agreement was struck to have all tribes take out SLW, after which the XXXX/$CoD$ would resume the war. Needless to say, SLW were overwhelmed, but put up a hell of a fight - especially since half of the 12 members barely stuck around to fight at all. Bdeath also lost leadership to the great abyss - so there was a merge to some degree of Bdeath into XXXX and into BRKDA.

That brings us back to the XXXX vs. $CoD$ which at this point has become very one sided, and has seen many of $CoD$ longtime powerhouses lose interest/support - thus the end of $CoD$.

For the next few months it was just a scrappy game of clean-up to try and achieve some level of control to get to the next step of endgame, so now to break the doom of boredom, XXXX and BRKDA are having at it... not a fair fight by any means, but it's nice when nukes don't need 12 days to reach their destination.

I'm sure I missed a great deal, especially in places where there were wars that I was not a part of, but it is the path of XXXX as I believe XXXX vs. D3TH was the first big war for XXXX... I don't know as I came in during the D3TH merge.

Pedemiko

wow great m8.

ok so $CoD$ finished Illuminati and then i quitted, it was a shame we fought 4 top tribes and just got in a bigger mess. at that time i thought RBE was gonna take over control of the world after clearing XIII. XXXX i never considered as a tribe worthy of winning but with some recruiting i think they got what was missing.

a hell of a world i say.

DeletedUser98304

XXXX also had a long standing couple of players in K81 who absorbed an enormous amount of nukes before finally breaking.

At some point here, there was an internal rift in $CoD$ - which saw the formation of SLW in the SW.

From XXXX, I believe it was only itdox who was in K81. But he had something like at least half of the villages in K81 and the whole K81 situation collapsed as we were not sure what was going on. The only solution to this would have been to internally noble all of itdox's villages, but it didn't seem clear at the time as to when to do this.

This internal rift pretty well meant unavoidable defeat unless SLW/$COD$ were able to "kiss and make up". Neither SLW or $COD$ are present today...

As things have finally settled down in the southwest corner, I'll finally post this internal mail sent out to Bdeath from Slimfar and myself-this pretty well explains the situation of Bdeath in 2010. By the time December 2010 came around, I was sitting ccamp72 for a few weeks trying to stablize K90 until SLW finally attacked me in January 2011. Mihajes was also a very major factor in the positive looking situation for Bdeath in September 2010, until everything suddenly fell apart.

Mail starts here:

Hi all

As you are aware, there have been a number of events that I am listing here that have occurred since the shekijam's account was sat by mestoca March 2010, and as an permanent account transfer from mestoca to shekijam as of July 2010.

Events:

June 2010:
zineelabidine77, bekstar, azianle, o_ORAVING LOONEYo_O went barbarian.

July-August 2010:
RaidonRage, swordenstien went barbarian.
thompsd1 announced that he was quitting the game.
The original whalefish1 announced that he was quitting, and the account was taken over by zineelabidine77.

October - November 2010:
bozho 2, EMPEMPIRES, deerules2, enyaw, espylacopA-ehT went barbarian.
Dyakovo left our tribe in preparation to quit World 22.

tribalsquire announced that she was quitting.

tinkerbellwinter and shanewinter left Bdeath.

December 2010 - present (January 2010)
Schlalip, nona207, gabiloi, Pax13 and 9VSIO went barbarian.

elfs1234 left the tribe.
CodaAlFine announced that she was leaving World 22.
whalefish1 /zineelabidine77 disappeared.
ccamp72 and aatank announced that their time on World 22 has come to an end.

While SLW has been inflicting great losses on us, it is much better to say that the departure of players has probably had 10 times the impact of SLW. At some point in September, we were decisively pushing back the combination of $COD$/SLW. Since then, we have been pushed back in K72 and K90 and have lost K81.

What also hurt us greatly was that itdox, a former player in XXXX who was the dominant player of K81, left the game. I sense that this was the start of things that have led to what Bdeath is now.

In December 2010, ccamp72's work obligations was pulling him both away from tribalwars and his family and was unable to find the time to defend against a strong assault from SLW. As a result, he lost roughly 100 villages until we were able to get a player to sit his account to stabilize the situation in K90.

SLW has taken advantage of there being so few active players present. Consequently, shekijam has been under constant attack for the past week-at least 50 villages have been lost up to this point, with more losses to come.

Bdeath, as a tribe, is no longer functional. Some BDeath players have supported shekijam, but by far most of the support has come from XXXX and mihajes. Should another player be attacked, it is clear that neither our tribe, nor XXXX have the defensive resources to provide further support.

As a result, BRKDA, who is looking for a new war front, and XXXX have expressed an interest in taking some of our players who will demonstrate some value towards future war operations.

And I think that this is a most necessary step for this war. The Bdeath of old was a great tribe with a great legacy. But this is now a memory as many of the players who left (including the prior shekijam) were part of that legacy. Now, we have to think about the overall alliance and strategical situation rather than tribe loyalty simply because of how the situation has developed in World 22.

After this mail, BRKDA and XXXX will be sending invites to those players who they feel will make a useful and effective contribution to this war. Unfortunately, it means that some of you will not be getting invites; after some deliberation, we need to have certainty about who is present and who will act.

Neither slimfar or shekijam will have any position of authority in our new tribes, so should you wish to present an argument for yourself, you will need to contact the nobility of BRKDA or XXXX to present your case.

All the best, both in real life and in World 22.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
OK, so here goes:

1. D3TH F. (including Bdeath as they merged at some point)/RBE/Apollo

3. $CoD$ F./SLW (not sure of their diplo together, but they ended up merging, so for all intents and purposes, I'm lumping them together - maybe it was a war that drove them together)

LOL, OK...COD merged SLW into them because BDeath were owning SLW so badly and they had to save herbinator's sorry @$$. That refers us back to point 1 - the BDeath merge into D3TH only happened after this time. The original BDeath/SLW war went on for about a year before that. We then re-formed after D3TH merged into XXXX (minus some members who went straight to XXXX). We intended to die fighting COD, at least the border members who had merged from SLW, anyway. The cease-fire agreement was fraught for the entire 2 or 3 months that it lasted. And we couldn't have fought them while we were in XXXX, at the time. COD were not even on XXXX's radar. And many of us were already tired of playing. But the weird part was, we lasted. And at length, XXXX joined the war, or actually declared their own war. Not long after, I saw that it would be a convenient time to cut loose and quit the game, at last. I knew BDeath members who wanted to continue would be able to continue as XXXX.

The time I actually left, was just a few days before SLW re-formed. I had no idea they were going to do that. It was unfortunate, because for a time, XXXX were not at war with this new tribe, and that gave SLW a chance to beat on the headless BDeath. This was last November I believe. I had effectively quit a month before, but tied up lose ends before actually announcing it. (Even so the announcement still came before SLW reappeared, and I believe would have been in early November). We had already effectively lost many of our best players as per Shekijam's account above. Only he has my leaving time wrong. ccamp had already been unable to participate for many months, whalefish had gone, and tribalsquire had just quit - these players were all important in the south, around K81 where we had a major problem with the playerless itdox account.

Anyway, just saying - because this member had been interested in the history of COD, and for a long time BDeath had a large part to play, because of COD's connection to SLW. Yes, it was a war that drove them together, BDeath owning their little buddies. I had a lot of correspondence, news and inside information on them for a long period. You could see them falling apart from not long after SLW originally merged into them in May 2009. They couldn't agree on policy and direction, they mass recruited, their diplomacy absolutely sucked after their old leaders left. They managed to annoy every single tribe one after the other - not through ganging up, but through entirely separate incidents - until they had no allies left at all. They were not going to win this world. Their early arrogance had something to back it up, and was do-able on that small scale. But not on a world scale and plagued with inactivity and poor quality recruitment. And people just doing stuff without the tribe agreeing on it.

DeletedUser

Good Summaries, its nice to pop back, have a read and remember some of the old flashpoints on this world :) Hope everyone is doing well :)

DeletedUser

Surprised its still active.
I havent logged in, in about 4 weeks :D

DeletedUser

LOL, OK...COD merged SLW into them because BDeath were owning SLW so badly and they had to save herbinator's sorry @$$. That refers us back to point 1 - the BDeath merge into D3TH only happened after this time. The original BDeath/SLW war went on for about a year before that. We then re-formed after D3TH merged into XXXX (minus some members who went straight to XXXX). We intended to die fighting COD, at least the border members who had merged from SLW, anyway. The cease-fire agreement was fraught for the entire 2 or 3 months that it lasted. And we couldn't have fought them while we were in XXXX, at the time. COD were not even on XXXX's radar. And many of us were already tired of playing. But the weird part was, we lasted. And at length, XXXX joined the war, or actually declared their own war. Not long after, I saw that it would be a convenient time to cut loose and quit the game, at last. I knew BDeath members who wanted to continue would be able to continue as XXXX.

The time I actually left, was just a few days before SLW re-formed. I had no idea they were going to do that. It was unfortunate, because for a time, XXXX were not at war with this new tribe, and that gave SLW a chance to beat on the headless BDeath. This was last November I believe. I had effectively quit a month before, but tied up lose ends before actually announcing it. (Even so the announcement still came before SLW reappeared, and I believe would have been in early November). We had already effectively lost many of our best players as per Shekijam's account above. Only he has my leaving time wrong. ccamp had already been unable to participate for many months, whalefish had gone, and tribalsquire had just quit - these players were all important in the south, around K81 where we had a major problem with the playerless itdox account.

Anyway, just saying - because this member had been interested in the history of COD, and for a long time BDeath had a large part to play, because of COD's connection to SLW. Yes, it was a war that drove them together, BDeath owning their little buddies. I had a lot of correspondence, news and inside information on them for a long period. You could see them falling apart from not long after SLW originally merged into them in May 2009. They couldn't agree on policy and direction, they mass recruited, their diplomacy absolutely sucked after their old leaders left. They managed to annoy every single tribe one after the other - not through ganging up, but through entirely separate incidents - until they had no allies left at all. They were not going to win this world. Their early arrogance had something to back it up, and was do-able on that small scale. But not on a world scale and plagued with inactivity and poor quality recruitment. And people just doing stuff without the tribe agreeing on it.

That is sooo incorrect Coda. We merged into $CoD$ because A) a lack of activity on our backside B) many many leadership departures and C) because of geographical and similar war styles.

As for the downfall of $CoD$, I don't think anyone realizes the amount of leadership changed within $CoD$. There were many people unhappy with top leadership, myself include. I'm going to put in an email here then between myself and q.

I'll pick up here December 22, 2009 -

Q -

Just stopped in to see what was going where, I did put over a year into this game, after all.

How are you? How's the tribe? Everything I can see on the forums indicates that despite the fact it took him a while, ADude seems to be finally doing what I expected and wrecking all my hard work. :p

Is the news better from within? No propaganda.

Myself -

I'm doing great. A lot has happened since I last seen you about. Tbh we've had lots of changes in leadership and *some* problems in leadership. Cliff left out of the blue, as I am sure you know of his cancer we were very worried about that. Then DT took the reigns and did a good job. In a lot of ways he led like you. But severe health issues came up with his wife and he too left.

Then Powerbonds (from EXP) led for about a week and then dissapeared. Tom then suddenly popped back up (he was gone the whole summer) and is now "leading"

About 2 months ago herb and myself and another baron almost all left because nothing was getting done. As I am sure you know, Tom just isn't made out for leading. He doesn't like to his foot down on issues.

With DT gone I was pushed into the Diplo spot with 0 allies and XXXX relations tight with XIV. The collapse of RBE was horrible for us because we were then left the one out in the cold diplomatically.

We've also went through a few war general changes. It's almost a completely different leadership since you were are around. Chaya is barely there, Clittleton/ fatterpunk are our current war generals.

Tom trys, he's just not it if you know what I mean.

Q-

I knew Cliff left. I didn't know he had cancer. If he knew at that point, he'd have told me -- I don't think he knew yet. I hope he's keeping in touch and providing updates, and that they are good news and not bad. I assume dba passed as well, if he was being honest he only had six months to live, and that clock has run out. :(

I have no interest in returning, but thanks for the offer -- stopping by and saying hello is fun and enjoyable, TW really wasn't anymore. Tom ran me out on a rail, and when you start purging your good leaders -- even if they are part time -- the tribe will collapse eventually. If Achmed is gone too, that doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

It's up to SLW now. I brought y'all in because I placed a wager that you would be the future of the tribe, being able to survive as long as you did was due to good leadership. So, do your job, do it well, because what's left in that list of people is not terribly exciting to me.

Your only shot is to silence the forum posters, bring back a modicum of respect, and hope that you can convince XXXX that leadership in CoD is reformed and willing to do the hard work. Then, at least, they will leave you alone.

Myself -

Well, 3 of the active 5 members in leadership are from SLW. As for dba, yes that's our beliefs too. He suddenly dissapeared also. Kid had stopped in for a few days a month ago. He said that he was wrongfully arrested and was going to court against the state for wrongful enprisonment. He's yet to pop back up. It's been hard losing our core group, as I am sure you no longer notice most the names on our members list.

I had actually mail Jon earlier today about sitting down sometime over the attack break and talking diplomatically about the 2 tribe. Currently the only thing between the 2 of us in the pact that you and Jon laid down.

Both tribes are still honoring that.

We've just have run out of friends for the moment lol. Besides us, there are no other super powers in the south. XIV is allied to all of those nothern tribes with crap loads of support in their villages.

I'm just not sure as the current diplo, in which direction to take the tribe. I would like to make relations with XXXX and us closer, but the problem is they are allied to 2 big tribes (XIV & Bdeath) attacking us.

Q -

*snips quotes* Ugh, that was getting long.

Okay, here's what I know. Andy will break a deal as soon as it's beneficial. Dyakovo and Coda will accept a deal, and stick to the terms while trying to push the envelope as much as they can. In the end they will hold the line, however. The reformed SlW contingent is your friend, despite the fact they suck, they make good cannon fodder. You seem to have forged diplomacy with them, which is good.

In the end, this is a game, and XXXX knows the game. The only way to stay afloat now is to either fight and destroy both FINAL and XXXX at once, or to convince Jon that staying out of the conflict to create an endgame war to end all wars with CoD is the way to go. Don't be coy, don't act like you'll honor deals with them. Tell them like it is, you think they're better than FINAL, and that the way you want to see it all end is in one big war with them to see who takes the prize.

It's what I told Jon I hoped for a long time ago, that we'd be the last two tribes standing. You can quote me on it. What CoD needs to do now is remain consistent, and beat the everloving shit out of FINAL. Keep winning that war decisively and you can convince Jon that he wants to fight you more than them -- it's more fun.

In the end, that's why we all play.

Myself -

We've already tried making a deal with Bdeath, but they are allied to XXXX and FINAL and seem to be sticking too it.

I'm on good term with Jon and I usually talk to him 2-3 times a weak. Jon is a verry very smart leader. He's set it up so that he has the entire roam of the NW. He allied up with Bdeath to make a border between us and them and of course FINAL on the other side. They have played diplomatically perfect this far. I'm just worried that Jon starts thinking along the lines of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

They have everything clicking for them right now. A strong core, good leadership, and willing active members.

The way he talks it sounds like he is up for honoring your argeement unless of course that we break it first.

A few guys in leadership want me to try and establish borders with them. I'm not sure if it's such a great idea to try and push it at the moment. What do you think?

We are also very close to declaring on Bdeath due their attacks on our far western members.

Sorry for draging you into this btw, I just need someone with an outside view that I can trust that knows what they are talking about to run all of this threw.

Q -

BDeath has no reason to cut deals with CoD. They didn't get a great one last time, because I negotiate too damn well -- I got SLW and they got nothing. Problem is I expected them to be dead at this stage, not to require more dealmaking.

If you are on good terms with Jon, then keep it that way. That's all you need to do. Friendlies declare for fun, as compared to us and ~I~, or EXP, or LKA, etc -- who were all just assholes to us and so we crushed them.

Just keep being nice, and just indicate from time to time that a good friendly fight at the end of the game would be a fun way to end things. Make sure members all respect their tribe, don't say mean things about them in the forum, etc. That's the only hope you've got.

Really, your position isn't very good, and the only chance you have is to keep XXXX out of the fight. You never need to try to get them to join it.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
hahahahhahaha...so what happened? You pissed XXXX off totally through your recriutment and they declared on you. And no, I am not soooooooooo wrong, I did have spies, remember? Lol at "about to declare on BDeath" - there is so much self-delusion (or ignorance?) going on in that mail. LOL. Q was right - we got such a bad deal that, when you started recruiting in the "far west" (players so bad that we didn't want them, but due to focus in our south east for so long, we had no chance to remove them) - we were further irritated and started taking them out. Along with return-fire on Herbie, who would not stop attacking our members. He figured that at the point when we re-formed, no treaties were in place. We decided to concur with that. There was no more deal to uphold for me (and "Dyakovo" - actually quit in Mar 2009, but I played him, then whalefish1 played him, then others until we gifted the account to darkaniken2. It's cute how Q remembers the original guy). My alleigances became "personal friend' alleigances - I had many friends from D3TH, quickly made friends with Jon, I was friends with Andy - etc. There was no way I was going to switch to CoD/SLW. And the same went for my tribe. Why do you think we re-formed? We weren't going to join XXXX, sit on our hands while bordering CoD. No, we were going to die fighting - only we didn't. All of the people who chose to come back to BDeath, came back for those reasons. And XXXX understood and remained on friendly terms/did not see us as a potential threat to them like a band of die-hard anti-XXXX hold-outs or something - because I bothered to discuss it with Jon. I wanted to stay friends with the Bdeath people that stayed in XXXX, and with the people I had made friends with in my time in D3TH. But damned if I was going to sit on CoD/SLW's border and do nothing. By the way, you were a useless diplomat. Achmed was bad enough, but I threw my hands up altogether when I knew he was quitting. Everyone after that was even worse. (I remember Achmed contacting me about our attacks in K70 just before he quit. He didn't even agree with the players being recruited in the first place and saw them as fair game for us. He thought that it was their chance to prove themselves. Let's face it, CoD at that time was some sort of monolith, 3 tribes full of crap. BDeath was like 30 or 40 people. This is an example of how things would be done without leadership direction - recruitment, herbie's attacks on BDeath...) Hello? I was totally aware of leadership changes in CoD. What CoD was probably not aware of was the amount of stuff off their forums going around in forwards and on skype. Lol.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Haha that's funny Coda, because you were actually just XXXX's cannon fodder? Don't you see? You being there allowed them to focus on one point. And you act like you beat us. You were attacking us while we were at war with the wolrd's top family tribe at the time? Also what recruitment in the far west? There was none. The SLW guys were the west.

And you were a useless duke. Your tribe left no mark on this world whatsoever, no one cares what Bdeath did. The only thing that people will remember is how Bdeath was straight up embarresed by a tribe a tenth of their size (SLW). And it's funny that you call us bad, you agreed to a cease-fire, and then launched. That sounds like great leadership on your half. It's also funny how you think I did nothing, when you yourself didn't do a damn thing. You had one alliance on this whole world in RBE, and what's funny is that they took our side, haha.

DeletedUser

And what's really funny is that you say you knew a lot, but no one knew that Powerbonds was gone and not actually running the tribe?

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
what?

We were not XXXX's canon fodder - how could we be, when they had no intention of warring CoD when we re-formed? Our relationship was already in existence before the XXXX/CoD war. They were not even sure of their eventual direction at that time - which meant they might never war CoD, a fact that I accepted. And lol, CoD were NOT intending to war them, so how does that allow XXXX to focus on a single point? Their only concern was to clear up the D3TH loyalists and any other anti-XXXX types in the north. And no-one else was about to attack them, so....your point?

No CoD recruitment in the west? LOL. What about K70? That was what the issue was about. Before you even became diplomat, I was mailed concerning BDeath's 200 conquers in a week from CoD's new K70 recruits. CoD went further by getting the tribe S|W (ex BDeath and Plague) on side, and to eventually recruit them. That lost us K80 and K90, and parts of K81 and K91. Lets not start on recruiting. The whole Heaven Sword Pyrette thing was what got XXXX declaring on you.

As for your attempted insults on how BDeath left no mark, I couldn't care less about your opinion on that. And as to SLW attacking the ghost of a tribe and thinking that they were good? LOL. I had already left by the time SLW formed, as had most other people. The "tribe" was a bunch of accounts being sat by XXXX, or awaiting invites or just plain dead accounts. Big victory SLW. How could it embarass anyone who wasn't even there? LOL. That's just like Q's assumption that CoD were going to beat FINAL (XIII/XIV). That wasn't happening. FINAL died, but it wasn't because you beat them. CoD in the state it was at that time was not going to beat FINAL. I'm sure Jon was aware of that (he had all the spy info everyone else had, lol) and he was biding his time and getting a better position for XXXX to attack CoD from. He wanted XXXX in the core before the war began.

When did we agree to a cease-fire, then launch? We kept to the terms of the cease-fire for its entire existence. Which is a lot better than CoD promising us "spoils of war" that never materialised. When BDeath re-formed, I wrote to Achmed to ask his opinion on whether our cease-fire still held water. He replied that CoD had no diplomacy deals at that time and had no intention of making any. In other words, the cease-fire had ended. Actually, if you knew anything about the subject, you would know that herbinator was the first person to attack, not BDeath. After talking with Achmed BDeath was free to return fire at will, and to attack in K70 and such. So, we were attacking you before you were at war with XIII/XIV - remember? Oh no, sorry, that's right. You don't.

We had only one ally, RBE? ORLY? Well I didn't really think you had any spies. How do you know that nobody knew powerbonds was gone? Nobody was running CoD. For a long time. Haha, that reminds me of the time before powerbonds even joined you when he was talking to me about an alliance to attack CoD from both sides. But the cease fire was well and truly in place and I was sick of this game even then. So apparently he decided to join you instead. I joined D3TH. (One of our allies, incidentally). Bloody RBE. I doubt I would have ever signed that peace if it wasn't for them. They were fans of yours, apparently. A shame they died. They were your only ally. Projection anyone?

Actually I was a good diplomat Migit. The reason I did nothing at all at the time you were diplomat, was that I had no intention of making any deals with your tribe. But instead of being rude about it, I had to be as nice as I could about it, as I was a diplomat. You have quoted Q talking about my diplomatic style - even he noticed it. What you have to say is pretty meaningless to me. Your so-called "diplomatic" mails to me merely served to make matters worse by being irritating and ignorant of the facts. At least Achmed tried to get the facts, and would listen to my side (somewhat). Prior to him and cliff CoD diplomacy with us was usually some arrogant guy threatening people.

DeletedUser

Wow... turned into a fight - who knew :icon_razz:

I can set the record straight on the cannon fodder thing - I believe the only use of the term cannon fodder was what you were supposed to do with the SLW guys? Bdeath were not cannon fodder, they were fighters, and it's BECAUSE of them that we were able to secure the NW so quickly, as many have pointed out, we were boxed in by Bdeath/FINAL essentially making the NW the ONLY logical direction for us. We kept in touch regularly to make sure they were holding their line, if not progressing in the positive direction. Had things gone the other way, we probably (as it didn't happen, can't say for sure, but probably) would have increased our assistance, which at that point was minimal at best.

Also, as for K81, I seem to remember Davidcrj and MyPKA sitting around down there as XXXX members - and actually, internally nobling MyPKA was how I got into K81 in the first place.

RBE collapsing is what did D3TH in - as most of RBE went to XIII. What spelled trouble for the CoD-XXXX relationship was when FINAL fell apart, and saw those border people stranded, CoD picked them up and the war broke, and for a solid year we went at it, for the most part XXXX gained ground on CoD, save for K81 which we lost in a flood once itdox broke, but between him holding K81, Bdeath holding K72 and rathina holding K63 - the rest of XXXX was more or less free to concentrate on forward progress.

My job was war planning, Jon/Colbey took care of the membership/diplomacy, and of the 80 or so members we had at the time, we had well over 75% participating FULLY in the ops, which is the real difference, and it's why we're here today. CoD spent far too much time/energy nobling the backfield, and sending out the long range "1 village in the middle of XXXX country with 50 villages of defense" types of attacks, and granted it was annoying, it also meant you couldn't stack your front line. In a few cases we just left you alone to noble up barbs until you had too many to stack so high, then took them all away from you again, other times we just threw 400 nukes at it, cleared it, and took it away from you... There was a shift in leadership, and we could feel the effects in XXXX when you guys finally formed a line in K54 (basically after losing Pyrette), from there it became cat/mouse for a bit, but we were able to keep you shut out of K63, and bleed into K64/K73... Bdeath re-surged long enough to take back K72, and we found some weak spots in K80 and exploited them, opening up another space for us to terrorize...

All in all, it was a well fought war, but actual morale/desire to continue logging in will eventually go to the tribe making progress - if this game was faster paced (i.e. completed in 4 hours) no telling what could occur, but the great enemy of us all took a greater toll on CoD over the years, and saw the end of more of your great fighters, then ours, hence the position we're in now...

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Thanks for that calm and informative account of the war Ted. You're 100% correct of course - ultimately what has killed any tribe that was killed, has been real life, lol. And, real life FTW!!! I'm loving it, I've had a wonderful year. And when I come back and look at the forum and think about this game, it depresses me. Truly though, well won XXXX.

DeletedUser98304

We kept in touch regularly to make sure they were holding their line, if not progressing in the positive direction. Had things gone the other way, we probably (as it didn't happen, can't say for sure, but probably) would have increased our assistance, which at that point was minimal at best.

January 2011, after the original aatank quit, was when XXXX and mihajes had to send massive support to K72 after SLW decided to attack. XXXX also sent mobile support to ccamp72's villages in K90 to defend against SLW's incursion there before aatank's support arrived.

for the most part XXXX gained ground on CoD, save for K81 which we lost in a flood once itdox broke, but between him holding K81, Bdeath holding K72 and rathina holding K63 - the rest of XXXX was more or less free to concentrate on forward progress.

I don't know why this never came about, but the person we had to counterattack in K81 was helio123. Too many ops against an extremely active snaperay and the too distant and superb defender dust4dust. Essentially, attacks were blocked and they hit back against K81.

Bdeath re-surged long enough to take back K72, and we found some weak spots in K80 and exploited them, opening up another space for us to terrorize...

The position of SLW/$COD$ in K72 was busted in K72 when I discovered mayo89 didn't build troops or had support in his K72 villages. This probably led to some frustration on the part of SLW/$COD$...on the other hand some of the former Bdeath players never did ask for support from me in K72 leading to lost villages and weakened defensive integrity in K72. So some frustration on my part as well.

if this game was faster paced (i.e. completed in 4 hours) no telling what could occur,

The enormously strong players of earlier eras would have dominated. joehor, mariny, EZERBEY, kurimaemae were some of those I remember in my area who had the correct balance of attack and defense. I am sure there were many others like the four I mentioned in W22.

Truly though, well won XXXX.

Besides the excellent playing skills, diplomacy and planning, some skilled recruitment choices from those dying (and enemy) tribes have played a very major role as well.

DeletedUser93010

very interesting to read diff peoples views of what happened but no fighting

thx for the compliment shekijam :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Yeah I smashed on all of BDeath/XXXX K81 until Jon got itdox sitting and spanked me.

Good job on winning the world XXXX. I hope to see any of you guys on the next no hauls world somewhere in the core who still have the will to play. Have a great life to those of you who are burnt out on this monotonous game.

DeletedUser

Inactivity and people quitting killed $CoD$.

The $CoD$ that spanked ~I~ was along way from the one that fought XXXX.
Too many of the players that made the tribe great back in the day quit or stopped being as active. The loss of the excellent leadership was probably the biggest single factor in the gradual decay of $CoD$. Apathy, inactivity and war did the rest.

That said, congrats to XXXX. I haven't played in a while but it's clear you've done very well. I'm happy if $CoD$ couldn't win it was you guys. Back in the day I viewed you guys as a northern version of us, a small warlike tribe that actually came to play and not sit around nobling inactives and barbs.