What if...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am looking every day on this world map (w43) and i truly admire this guy, Girafe195 of whatever he is updating this every day.
I am curious...
What will happen if we kill Girafe195 in game? :))) No really? Is this means we do not have world 43 tribe map update? :icon_evil: What guild is he? Who is Girafe195 in TW? Maybe killing him have some benefits, tribes who does not know to make map of they own or do not have patience to update and make can stay "blind" :icon_twisted:
I do not have nothing againts that Girafe guy :) but his death can give advanced tribes great benefit and i look into this public updating map like "giving important tactical information to enemy" :)))))

HorseSoldier

I'm pretty sure he doesn't play this world. The maps belong to nickjer. If girafe were to disappear we could probably contact nickjer and someone else could update it.

DeletedUser

*facepalm* you clearly don't understand.

Btw, as an fyi in case you're serious, girafe didn't make the maps, someone along the lines of nickers or something did (sorry horrible with names and spelling), and he isn't making them every time there needs to be an update either, nickers made the maps via programming, and the program autoupdates itself onto his website, and the maps we see here, automatically pull the images straight from his website every time you refresh your web page, so they stay up to date that way. all girafe does (which, albeit isn't a necessity, is greatly appreciated because it keeps things neat and accurate) is make sure that the website knows which tribes are together within a family, and what the 'rules' are to make the maps, such as minimum points per continent. Assuming Girafe does play this world, killing him won't matter, cause its a pretty easy, just somewhat time consuming job keeping track of things, and if he didn't want to continue, all he'd have to do is ask someone else to take over.

There you have it, why we are all laughing at you. Now the real question is, did i fail to see sarcasm? cause i honestly couldn't tell >.<

DeletedUser

the maps we see here, automatically pull the images straight from his website every time you refresh your web page, so they stay up to date that way.

:icon_neutral: I don't think so. The maps don't update every refresh, im not quite sure the usual time between updates though.

DeletedUser

That would be awesome if they did! But they update every 24 hours, around 10 server time I think.

DeletedUser

the map themselves might not refresh, but the forums post of the maps pull them from the website where the maps are every time we load the page, i know this for a fact, that's how linking images work when we upload them to the internet. For example,

i would upload an image to photobucket, then use the url photobucket gives me to post the pic on the forums right? When we type the code to do so, we type the url of the image in. This then lets the forum know that it needs to go to that url when the page is loaded, and pull the image from that, this reduces the memory size the servers need to handle that, but increases the bandwith it needs. Thats why sometimes you see old images say "bandwith exceeded please pay for premium for continued use" cause the forums called that image too many times and the user that posted that image used the free service.

I hope this explains what i mean by the maps update every time you refresh, the FORUM version of the map is updated to the WEBSITE version of the map. The website handles updates differently, and as parge said, probably every 24 hours

DeletedUser

So, for practical purposes... the images only upload every 24 hours... correct ray?

I am pretty much a technical ignoramus.

DeletedUser

yes, you're right in that sense :p. I probably just confused you even more than you were before hand lmao

Edit: the images for the maps on nickjers website are uploaded automatically every 24 hours and the images you see everywhere else pull the data from the images from nickjers site every time you make the website ask for it (aka you go to the post of the image). to clarify a little better

edit 2: i'm just gonna shut up, if you don't get it by now, just stick to the 24 hour thing and leave it at that >.< cause now i'm confusing myself explaining it for you guys

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hmm..then maybe we can find which world nickjer plays in and rim him there?

That might possibly frustrate him enough to not update the maps anymore ;)

DeletedUser

*facepalm* you clearly don't understand.

There you have it, why we are all laughing at you. Now the real question is, did i fail to see sarcasm? cause i honestly couldn't tell >.<

Not sarcasm, u just miss to see irony, how to someone who doing good deed and work in benefit of all w43 society can repay by sending him to RiM,
but nvm,
due "tehnical" explanation and program structure of map i guess it is not big thing after all and what does make my thread without logic even if i try to make joke in sea of this hateful threads,
ah but i forget one important thing when u are new in TW like me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wdRDWX5Lo

DeletedUser

PrimeAbuse

4 months, that's plenty of time, your not "new". I know people who in 4 months have out classed people who have played for years.
:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Prime, this is your second thread started as I recall.

The first was also a bit obtuse, I think, although I can't quite recall what it was about.

It seems that English is not your first language, which can make things more challenging for you, and for people to understand you.

However, your choice of thread topics has nothing to do with language.

At best this was a general discussion. Your choice of topic was misguided and a little foolish.

You could have done to research to find that "Nickjer" provides maps for all worlds and that each world has someone, like Giraffe195, who tailors the parameters for the particular world. If anything, people like Giraffe should be guaranteed that their first few villages are "unconquerable".

DeletedUser

First thread i just place on wrong section in forum, i was looking for guild but in wrong section, nothing "terrible"

From best intentions now I feel like on the execution.
By my fault i guess.

U see plenty threads on this forum, but i see only two. They are all same in my ayes, first group egocentric like "rate me" "tell me i am good" "tell me i belong in dream team" and second group, threatening like "My tribe gonna smash your tribe" "War declaration on this, that..."
I seen lots of bad blood between players and very low percent of healthy communication which this game, game of red and blue dots, makes little bit boring without any positive vibrations.

I imagine this game and communication with little bit more in game events, nonsense and yes foolish stuffs why not all in interest of having fun and brake degree of severity.

So i try something in this direction, i failed so do not judge to hard i am spanked enough ;)

DeletedUser

Maybe you misunderstand the main purpose of these forums.

There is lots of healthy communication via in-game mail, private mail in these forums and various external instant messaging services.

There are people here who may be in diffent and waring tribes on this world, who may be in the same tribe on another.

I congratulate your use of these forums as a relatively new player to TW, but you need to understand that they are not used in the way you want to use them and that there are other options for what you want.

DeletedUser

I seen lots of bad blood between players and very low percent of healthy communication which this game, game of red and blue dots, makes little bit boring without any positive vibrations.

I imagine this game and communication with little bit more in game events, nonsense and yes foolish stuffs why not all in interest of having fun and brake degree of severity.

So i try something in this direction, i failed so do not judge to hard i am spanked enough ;)

Maybe you are misinterpreting things. The point of the forums, are mostly for PnP. Sure you can have friendly chats and all, but the main purpose i find is the PnP. I have had many a heated debate with people i greatly respect, and are good friends of mine, because that's what the forums are for. Skype and IGM are for the personal chats, forums are for business. :icon_wink:

And trolling when your bored. :icon_razz:

EDIT: This ^^^^ what capacitor said. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.