What IS fun (within TW)?

DeletedUser

definitely like the twisted individuals, like myself, made a lot of good friends though, and been betrayed by a few as well tsk tsk... enemy of 1 world has been greatest friend on another, respect in the game,

"you may not remember me, or even recognize the skin I wear, but I will remember you, if you are worth the time to notice in the first place"

oh and I love to kill nobles, lol

DeletedUser71008

Really it depends on your personality type as to what makes the game fun.
That really is the good thing about the game. The competative people can get off on beating people and yet others get off on getting a team together and rimming the bastard that took you down.

I however play for the interaction, I like helping people and I like the tribal aspect.

While having people spy and being intentionally abusive really isnt my cup of tea, other people get off on that, I can respect that aspect of the game as well.

This really is a game with very few limits.

I really enjoy getting to know people and learning the way they play the game and at the same time trying thier style of play for myself and seeing how it works out.

The most fun for me was in world 4 with JG, they were and very organised tribe and I learnt alot. The banter between members here and in the tribal forum (although I didnt participate in it) was fun to read and learn from.

DeletedUser

I agree with your first sentence jake. It does indeed.

I made this thread because all... Umm... Newbs/Noobs see the 'fun' part of the game as attacking, taking a village or going up a few ranks. When they get attacked they scream, soil themselves, possibly send a 'plea' mail or hit delete.

So, now I've seen a lot more views, hopefully people can get it across that defending is also fun. You lose a village, you don't lose the game. :)

DeletedUser

Sorry for being late Cruddy.

About a year and a half ago I tried to figure out for myself what makes this particualr game so darn addicting? Why do I love it so much? And why do I find it so much fun to play?

I came up with one answer.

I am playing a real life game against real live people.

I will try to explain.

This is the largest game I have ever found where there are no computer opponents to fight. Every opponent whether they have 1 village or 1000 are real people. Those people have their own personalities...Meaning they have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Some people have great forum presence...some do not
Somre are extremely aggressive the 3-off village to 1-def...some are defensive 4-def to 1-off.
Some love to fight wars and expand all over the map...others like to form the biggest cluster in one place...

Do you get my point and there are 100's of strengths and weaknesses to point out for players here and yes many have several strengths and weaknesses.

And they are real people so this can change in a heartbeat...for example that guy you fought 2 months ago that you nobles without any problems could suddenly be a total wall today. or that guy who was a fool on the forums before suddenly makes posts that are resourceful and entertaining.

Many games out there have multiple players and interactions. But no game I have ever played has the intricacies of TW. From players to strategies to the fact that everything is done in real time.

Now throw into it that every world usually ends up with about 30,000 different people trying to make a go of it or learning how to play...W12 was over 56,000. Even if some were people restarting who cares that is still a whole lot of people, with different personalities.

So there you go In the end if you ask me what makes this game so darn fun for me. My answer would be...

It is a war strategy game where I get to play with and against 1000's of opponents at the same time, with the same tools and opportunities they have...to beat them all.

ya that pretty well sums it up for me. After all we all start with one village.

DeletedUser

Well said, Shadow. And I agree. But the thing is, people leave, and then suddenly the wonderful world of different personalities is shattered. I love rowdy forums, so when I'm in a small tribe I just feel bored. And I think other ppl feel the same. Thats the bad thing about actual ppl playing; you can't get attached to a robot.

DeletedUser

To be honest there is only one reason i keep playing TW....and that isn't to be the best, or to have the best rank, or to have the most villages, or to be respected.... Thing is , i do it for the players i know in my tribe (those that i have been plaing with for around 2 years now). If they decided to quit all of the sudden, i would quit without giving it any more thought. For me, it's all about the commitment and respect i have towards these players.

Nothing more, nothing less.

DeletedUser74958

After all we all start with one village.

This is what I like about the game. And why I DON'T like co-players and passed accounts. I know this was somewhat covered in another thread....

But if a player quits, then they quit. The villages should go barb, or they can let whomever they want noble them. But to give the password of a 2 million point account to a person who hasn't recruited a single spear on this world... I just don't think it's right.

I start with one village, you start with one village. We are 2 individuals playing against each other, starting on a level playing field. If you quit, you quit. The player that amassed all those villages is no longer playing. I outlasted you. Either I attacked/faked you until you were tired of renaming attacks, or you got bored with the monotony of farming, or real life issues overcame you. I outlasted you! If someone else wants to play, great! They can start with their one village on the rim, just like I did when I started.

Your account is your account. And if you don't want to play your account anymore, it should no longer exist.

DeletedUser

I agree with your first sentence jake. It does indeed.

I made this thread because all... Umm... Newbs/Noobs see the 'fun' part of the game as attacking, taking a village or going up a few ranks. When they get attacked they scream, soil themselves, possibly send a 'plea' mail or hit delete.

So, now I've seen a lot more views, hopefully people can get it across that defending is also fun. You lose a village, you don't lose the game. :)

i have to say i almost did that myself

i joined this world as my first proper world

i had played around on others but never really got into it

then along came world 36 a world i joined late

but a world that made me love this game

straight away i made a tribe and i recruited like crazy(some members are still with me today that joined on day one) then i went through the game not caring about my own account but thinking of what was best for my brothers

and i built them up to be a tribe of people that were family more then gaming associates. we have loads of banter an dlaughs together
and unlike most leaders i can take one on the chin

but there was one time i got threatened and attacked by a player 3 times my size

i nearly quit but after 2 days inactivi9ty i logged on to kill 3 ukes and snipe 12 nobles

wow what a rush

so for me taking down or disrupting players that 'should' be able3 to womp me is the real fun

but saying that i mustent forget the fun i have just talkin gto my tribe

p.s. sorry if i spell bad i am a bit drunk

DeletedUser

+1k respect croggy :)

It's rare when you see someone come on here to admit their mistakes. I have to say I was a mega-noob in W1. A kind fellow called pete taught me the ropes, sniping wasn't really thought of back then. But, when I came to W25, learned all the ropes again, taught loads of people myself etc. Defending became possibly the best part of the game for me.

When you're small, and someone bigger than you is attacking, that is where reputations are made and ripped apart. Who cares if you lose a village or a few, I've always said and always will say Kudos to the person that can take my villages off me. Because, if they are better skilled, then they deserve them more than me. But, I'll always give em hell on the way out.

/Will read Shadows 'novel' in a little while lol

DeletedUser

Nuh, Sixth form started and I have to put in 1000 hours of work over 2 years in ICT in order to attain triple distinction.

Lol sound loads but only 1 hour 20 minutes a day which is quite manageable.

The only reason I played this game was to be competitive, I used to pride myself on my rank in points and amount of troops. In all fairness I tended to give up a little easy but hey still enjoyed it. Once you stop enjoying then just quit and never come back :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I have to say I was a mega-noob in W1. A kind fellow called pete taught me the ropes, sniping wasn't really thought of back then. But, when I came to W25, learned all the ropes again, taught loads of people myself etc. Defending became possibly the best part of the game for me.

Part of what makes TW fun for me is the taking a noobcake under my wing and expanding their knowledge and understanding of the game. I don't consider myself a Pro and I still have much to learn but helping others get along can only help the game grow and is satisfying.

Noobs can be annoying sometimes, but a lot of players seem to be disdainful of the newly arrived whether they're willing to learn or not. Cruddy you're right we were all noobs and clicked the join world button for the first time (unless I've really missed something:icon_rolleyes:).

DeletedUser

Yeah, I thought a spear was an attack unit :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Check out my sig for REAL tw fun :D

no need for that now because I quit and lost all friendships if you want to call it that with people in TW but back in the day when I knew the best people in TW around those worlds being a spy was oh so fun haha

Until you get caught :eek:

DeletedUser

Well it isn't exactly a wise move to set a tribe leader as sitter without telling a fellow spy now is it?