what kind of build of my offensive village and def?

DeletedUser

any one here, reply your knowledge. thank you:)

my build in offensive village is here:

HQ level 30 - i think this is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

frostyfingers

Glad you asked, this is one strategy that has been working for me very well...
I build all villages the same, including bonuses, to avoid giving away what they are to attackers...

all villages usually have the same points when I am done as well

HQ - 20
Barracks - max
Stable - max
Workshop - 3
Statue
Rally Point
Market - 20
Lumber - max
Clay - max
Iron - max
Warehouse - max
Farm - max
Wall - max
Hiding place - build early on, then demolish
Smithy - max
Academy

this usually bring the points to the high 9k range

Offense Researches
Lvl 3 Spears, swords, axes(6000), light cavalry(2500), and cats(200-300)
remainder of population is put into spears or swords, and bonus pop villas get more axes
Defense Researches
Lvl 3 Spears, swords, scouts(100), heavy cavalry(1000), rams(200)
remainder of population is divided 2/1-spears/swords, and bonus pop villas get more scouts and heavy cav

Haugwarts

Offense Researches
Lvl 3 Spears, swords, axes(6000), light cavalry(2500), and cats(200-300)
remainder of population is put into spears or swords, and bonus pop villas get more axes

Are you saying that you mix your offensive villages ? Unless spears and swords are offensive :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

i think ppl don't understand that the tech lvl of the city
is what defending troops use from other villages

so if village A is a defensive city, and has lvl 3 swords

if they get moved to village B for defense from an attacker and the tech lvl is only 1 for swords
there....then they only fight as lvl 1 sword

and ya the rams/catapults is backwards for sure

DeletedUser

cats in O and rams in D?

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, should be the other way around. Cats in D and rams in O.

i think ppl don't understand that the tech lvl of the city
is what defending troops use from other villages

so if village A is a defensive city, and has lvl 3 swords

if they get moved to village B for defense from an attacker and the tech lvl is only 1 for swords
there....then they only fight as lvl 1 sword

and ya the rams/catapults is backwards for sure

Yeah, that isn't very well explained by the help section. It's there but it's a pain to find. Personally I find making level 3 sp's/sw's in every village still leaves room for everything you need so not too big of a deal.

frostyfingers

sorry i misstyped when i stated the cats/rams thing

I tend to mix them up when researching too...thanks for pointing that out flump...

otherwise what do yall think? cuz that was def other way around...

frostyfingers

Are you saying that you mix your offensive villages ? Unless spears and swords are offensive :icon_confused:

I feel that having about 1-2k of each sp/sw in offensive villages is a must, expecially if your the average player like myself and sometimes can go a day or two at most without signing on...this protects from small farming raids...

I do not recommend mixing up troops for any villages, but definately have lvl 3 sw/sp or hc if you dont choose those 2

DeletedUser

I'm assuming you mean permanent support and not building defensive troops in offensive villages. If that's the case I agree. Always good to have a small amount of defensive troops. At the least 2k sp/sw in a full offensive village is enough to stop one nuke.

DeletedUser

i find it best to hav 4k spear 10k sword and 1200-1500 Hc in def villas (all at lvl 3)

then in off. to hav 6k axe + 3k LC both at lvl 3

then hav a different village for cat and ram all together wiv 5k axe and 1k ram /cat

DeletedUser

Hq 20
Barracks 25
Resources 30
Farm 30
Warehouse 30
Rally point 1
Academy 1-3 depending on settings
Stable 20
Smithy 20
Statue 1 depending on settings,no weapons = no pally.
Hiding place 10
Market 20

Defence vills : 8.5 spears 8.5 swords 500 HC
Offence vills : 6.9 axe 2.9 Lc 240 rams (something of the sort)

Those are my late in game strats,when scouts are not needed.

DeletedUser

On a serious note: Catapults in offensive villages.

I have not needed them this far since I've been hiding in the rims so far, but I am seriously considering adding 100 cats to each offensive village. The more I see of the world, the more I am thinking catapults are the only real way to hurt an active enemy.

It's so easy to identify nobles over a distance, and with no way to support village you send nobletrains at, (except for a 10k/10k spear/sword with the last noble that gets crushed because it does not have a wall), it's doubtfull you capture many and even more doubtful you get to keep many villages. Remember this is a coinsworld, so each village you lose you can renoble with 40k/50k/50k resources. Recovering is quite easy, since annihilating an enemy totally is almost impossible.

Besides, you can have 10 members of you tribe send 3 or 4 nobletrains each (most wont have 20 nobles in stock), but it's usually difiicult to coordinate to all hit within even one hour - so the effect is doubtful to say the least.

Having 10 members send 20 nukes followed with some cats is much harder to defend against because they have the same speed as your fakes, and 3 of 4 waves of 100 - 200 cats is going to be more devastating to the average account. I imagine the effect on moral is devastating.