What makes a good tribe leader? (HONEST THOUGHT)

DeletedUser120095

1) Activity
2) Having trusted and ACTIVE council to support you and your decisions
3) Using constructive criticism from your tribe to better build your skills as a leader
4) Staying level headed and examining every possible angle at all times
5) A leader must be able to effectively and efficiently get their point and vision across to not only their tribe, but to those who may eventually join that tribe.
6) A leader must be able to show leadership not only in their ability to speak, but also their ability to fight. A leader who cannot roll in the mud and blood with his troops is not a true leader.
7) Lastly, depending on the members of the tribe, the leader needs to know when it is beneficial to micromanage the tribe and when the tribe should be allow to run at it's own pace.

There are many other things I'm sure that all come to a penultimate conclusion of what a leader is, but these are what strike out to the most and how I've always tried to lead tribes.

atmospherecf

1) Activity
2) Having trusted and ACTIVE council to support you and your decisions
3) Using constructive criticism from your tribe to better build your skills as a leader
4) Staying level headed and examining every possible angle at all times
5) A leader must be able to effectively and efficiently get their point and vision across to not only their tribe, but to those who may eventually join that tribe.
6) A leader must be able to show leadership not only in their ability to speak, but also their ability to fight. A leader who cannot roll in the mud and blood with his troops is not a true leader.
7) Lastly, depending on the members of the tribe, the leader needs to know when it is beneficial to micromanage the tribe and when the tribe should be allow to run at it's own pace.

There are many other things I'm sure that all come to a penultimate conclusion of what a leader is, but these are what strike out to the most and how I've always tried to lead tribes.

I mostly agree with Dorrmunger's list. I want to add that if you have a leader that makes the game fun for everyone; those are the leaders who stand out from ordinary leads.

DeletedUser121132

Its always a tricky balance making it fun for everyone, since the game is people related it can be a complicated process but once achieved it does make the game great.

Ultimately its creating an environment people what to be in.

DeletedUser

Generally what makes a good tribe is a decent atmosphere.

That requires, in my opinion for the leader to be active and involved with things and to find a careful balance between giving people the freedom to be themselves and laying down the law. Member selection is really important, especially in tribes with more lax rules. Some people are just rubbish tribemates and generally shit to be around, whether it be due to being constantly obnoxious or personally insulting and bullying other members to give two examples. In essence, it's important that personalities meld together well.

As long as you have activity, game knowledge, don't make rash decisions and know how to create a good atmosphere, you should do well on most worlds as a leader.

mch123

Empathy, trust and communication.

Build a culture of trust, belonging and fun - once you have that the members will go above and beyond to help their team mates. That beats 99% of tribes.

Tier 2 would probably be patience, tolerance and organisation. Too many leaders think things have to be done NOW with zero empathy for the real lives of their members. The best plans in the world don't work out 100% of the time so you need to be comfortable adjusting your plans and not expect too much.

Too many want the title, fame, glory and control but won't accept the responsibility when it all falls apart. Success and failure are 100% on the leaders shoulders and not the members.

DeletedUser120425

In the way this game is know, I'd say charisma and personality play the majority of it. You can be one of the best tactically minded leaders known in the game, but if you got no charisma people generally will ignore the skill behind it.
If you can't get the general respect and have a bit of banter with those you recruit, no matter your performance in wars etc. There will be nothing that will make them stay loyal. It's like real life, you can have a boss that has no personality but can get the job done and looks like the model employee/employer, something new comes up your quit. However if you have a boss who you can relate too, have banter and have fun at work, you will be less likely to leave.

It's that getting the in between part right, providing that fun, understanding and utterly brutal banter with the strictness of running a tribe most people fail at. Don't get it right, then your tribe just like a company in real life will just be thrown into history.

DeletedUser116787

In the way this game is know, I'd say charisma and personality play the majority of it. You can be one of the best tactically minded leaders known in the game, but if you got no charisma people generally will ignore the skill behind it.
If you can't get the general respect and have a bit of banter with those you recruit, no matter your performance in wars etc. There will be nothing that will make them stay loyal. It's like real life, you can have a boss that has no personality but can get the job done and looks like the model employee/employer, something new comes up your quit. However if you have a boss who you can relate too, have banter and have fun at work, you will be less likely to leave.

It's that getting the in between part right, providing that fun, understanding and utterly brutal banter with the strictness of running a tribe most people fail at. Don't get it right, then your tribe just like a company in real life will just be thrown into history.

Then why did you choose such a poorly led tribe?

DeletedUser116787

You must not understand who we are.... SMD

Did I just say..... or did I say my tribe name.... hmmmmm

To be honest I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. However, I believe you are in SMD so I'm not surprised you can't formulate a coherent response...