What was your bad and good thing today?

DeletedUser

The TV series yeah, but than I have Serenity to watch and the comics to read. It's a gift that just keeps giving.

+ Christina Hendricks. I like the Batman/Catwoman feel between Mal and her.
+/- The character she was playing breast grew between appearances, which is odd. Production error I suppose.

DeletedUser105406

I hope that this is a joke.

Whether killing it at all was justified depends on the extent of its injuries; if they simply looked bad, but were superficial, your response was entirely unnecessary. Killing by drowning was definitely not the best option- that would have been a lethal injection, but, as MF says, a shovel to the head, with enough force, would have been kinder. Breaking the neck is hard. I've seen it done well, once, and seen it done badly several times.
Arguably, if you could have found a major blood vessel, with a sharp knife, that would have been best overall. Time to unconsciousness, if you get one to the brain: 0 seconds, time till death: 15.

You may be right in what you say & in offering preferable solutions. From my immediate viewpoint, the animal had been badly damaged already, possibly dropped by the crow onto the rock shale here. It was still breathing but otherwise unresponsive...As regards breaking its neck instead; i'm not convinced that wasn't already damaged & whilst on analysis, drowning it was as violent an action as anything, i am not so certain of my capabilities that i could have hit it effectively. I'll rephrase that; i did not have that capacity in me. Plus it was really, really small, so i don't know about locating a main blood vessel either. Pretty crap all round really.

DeletedUser105406

Probably tastes better as well.

I have eaten them sometimes; there are guys who hunt them in season on the land here, they use dogs & ferrets to bolt them out the warrens...this one was really young & small tho so you'd have been hard pushed to fix a burger from it

I was quite sad about the whole thing yesterday tbh, so coming on here, even to fend against those who thought i'd mismanaged things did take my mind off the reality of extinguishing a life...i do have a story about a hen which is somewhat similar although there is a bit of ironic black humor attached to that one but maybe that'd be subject-overkill eh...

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The TV series yeah, but than I have Serenity to watch and the comics to read. It's a gift that just keeps giving.

+ Christina Hendricks. I like the Batman/Catwoman feel between Mal and her.
+/- The character she was playing breast grew between appearances, which is odd. Production error I suppose.

To be fair, each breast could well be described by Star Wars; "That's no moon".

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

I have eaten them sometimes; there are guys who hunt them in season on the land here, they use dogs & ferrets to bolt them out the warrens...this one was really young & small tho so you'd have been hard pushed to fix a burger from it

I was quite sad about the whole thing yesterday tbh, so coming on here, even to fend against those who thought i'd mismanaged things did take my mind off the reality of extinguishing a life...i do have a story about a hen which is somewhat similar although there is a bit of ironic black humor attached to that one but maybe that'd be subject-overkill eh...

Why would anyone make a burger out of rabbit.

DeletedUser

Hey, don't worry too much. I made a similar mistake once. I'm just making sure that, should you find yourself in a similar situation again, you do the optimal thing. I have no problem with killing to eat, although I draw a line at killing for pleasure, but you should minimise pain caused, no matter what your purpose, and you should make sure that a mercy kill is actually merciful.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The point there is that Ostriches have a rather sizeable amount of meat on them, not quite as much as cows, but comparably so that you could have better and worse parts of it. Whereas rabbits, do not have that much meat on them, and most every part tastes the same. So if you like rabbit, you're better off not grinding it into pulp since that's not going to do you much in terms of flavor.

DeletedUser105406

The point there is that Ostriches have a rather sizeable amount of meat on them, not quite as much as cows, but comparably so that you could have better and worse parts of it. Whereas rabbits, do not have that much meat on them, and most every part tastes the same. So if you like rabbit, you're better off not grinding it into pulp since that's not going to do you much in terms of flavor.

It was meant as a joke about it's small size but not seeing my ironic grin maybe mislead you. For the culinary record I've only ever casseroled rabbit before (ie stewed it with veg in an oven)

@ Branabus, I hear what you're saying too & there was little doubt that creature wasn't going to survive; it occurs it was maybe my anthropomorphism that made me hasten its demise but I can tell you, I had its own interests at heart, I said "sorry" to the universe & I cried quite a bit afterwards...no pleasure is taken in stuff like this.

Last edited by a moderator: