whatever happened to FTR?

msnurse

Hey Guys.

I haven't played this game in close to a year, and last time I did FTR was top dog.
What happened?

Obviously something bad did. :icon_twisted:

But can anyone give me a brief run down?

DeletedUser

No, those are the cliffs.

I am sure you can read the forums and find out for yourself and form an unbiased opinion. Something you are unlikely to receive here by posting this question.

msnurse

Thanks, I am already sifting through old posts.

I just thought someone might be kind enough to give me an outline, so I don't have to trawl through all the threads and read all the posts.

As the search function does not allow a search string of only three characters. (FTR) This is all the more tedious.

Thanks anyway.

DeletedUser

People went inactive or quit. Leadership was placed on the shoulders of someone ill equipped to take on the role. They disbanded and many joined TW, HOT and other tribes.

That is the brief story. This all happened subsequent to them attacking Asterios due to many reasons and going to war with XiG. All in all a fun filled eventful year.

DeletedUser

i'll try to be unbias... maybe i'll fail but meh.

Basically back in march or something the largest w2 war to date began involving basically (although the diplomacy wasn't this clear cut) FTR/TW/HOT/StW/CE/CMFAM against ESL/XiG (ESL wasn't fighting cmfam and stw)

some war stuff happened... then basically muschelschuber went on holiday... Hot dropped out of the war.... FTR pissed off Aten by taking in some fugitives or some crap... and in the end gareeth just disbanded FTR.

That's obviously horrendously simplified... but that's basically what happened. The war went from I think March some time to late july maybe

DeletedUser

Plus, everyone dropped out of the war until it was basically just XIG vs StW. Once FTR was disbanded, the fighting ceased and another world war brewed up.

DeletedUser

#1 tribe for 9 straight months

I remember back in October or November of 2006 FTR had something like 14 of the top 20 players in the world in our tribe.

DeletedUser

those were some times huh?

i remember those days. good times good times

Ripfin

that was definately the biggest war this world ever saw it was in essance the first world war which involved almost all tribes to an extent.

DeletedUser

Snif long live FTR. :icon_sad:
I even dreaming about that time, when we were n.1 tribe. We know each other very well. Every day we were on chat. That was really nice, but everything one time ends.

DeletedUser

I killed them

*coughs*... You (just you) killed them? I think not my pedigree chum.

Ps. i just read your sig. if your head gets any bigger i doubt you'd be able to fit out of your door. :icon_wink:

Wouldnt say FTR died a humiliating death... But they did get their asses handed to them on a plate i suppose.

ps. please leave room for a sarcastic comment from Kurai.

DeletedUser

FTR was inactive so we lost

Bah... Sore loser.

Just kidding... Its no secret that half of FTR where inactive and is the main reason for their downfal... Although one of the main reasons for their downfall was fault of Gareeth & co. volunteerng their tribe into trouble they just couldnt handle.

DeletedUser2730

*coughs*... You (just you) killed them? I think not my pedigree chum.

Ps. i just read your sig. if your head gets any bigger i doubt you'd be able to fit out of your door. :icon_wink:

Wouldnt say FTR died a humiliating death... But they did get their asses handed to them on a plate i suppose.

ps. please leave room for a sarcastic comment from Kurai.

You like that huh. I especially like the permanently retired leader part ;)