Whats in a name....

jaffe25

Guessing in the end(10 yrs from now) there will be 4-5 die hard players left in DA, TH, EXILE, and AXE. I am sure we will all still be still taunting each other and making fun of the others tribe. I didn't inlcude WAR in that list b/c i really expect the old TATS guys to break out of there soon. When that happens WAR! poops the bed and disappears.

DeletedUser

Guessing in the end(10 yrs from now) there will be 4-5 die hard players left in DA, TH, EXILE, and AXE. I am sure we will all still be still taunting each other and making fun of the others tribe. I didn't inlcude WAR in that list b/c i really expect the old TATS guys to break out of there soon. When that happens WAR! poops the bed and disappears.

Lol, what on earth makes you think the TATS people will break away from !WAR! ?

And I think the last four tribe will actually be WAR/Exile./DA/DAD (in no specific order)

keeping on the topic of names, half the reason I kinda respect DAD is theyre doing exactly what I think is ideal. Its a group of players playing together and they dont really worry where they play, so long as they play with active friends.
Although I think the name DAD is kinda lame tbh :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Thanks for your vote of confidence in DAD!

Not to excited about your comments on the name - Drunk and Disorderly just about describes perfectly how most of us are most of the time ;)

DeletedUser

Lol, what on earth makes you think the TATS people will break away from !WAR! ?

And I think the last four tribe will actually be WAR/Exile./DA/DAD (in no specific order)

keeping on the topic of names, half the reason I kinda respect DAD is theyre doing exactly what I think is ideal. Its a group of players playing together and they dont really worry where they play, so long as they play with active friends.
Although I think the name DAD is kinda lame tbh :icon_razz:

hey how about the super tribe that we've been talking in the other thread???
are you saying that the the DAD will absorb them all??? hmm...could be...
there is always a possibility...

to relate this into topic...As long as Im with cainmn then I had no problem if wherever tribe I may go...:lol:

DeletedUser

I stick with people i enjoy fighting alongside with.

That and i respect the original owner's choice in which tribe they were in.

xannash

Good topic.

Its funny, cause this was one of my big things when some people would not go to TATS because they were loyal to the 'name' of Axe or whatever.

Where as I was, and always will be, loyal to the active players I fight beside. I dont give a s*** what tag im under, so long as im fighting with friends.

But I agree, some of the tribes with the current tags resemble nothing of when they were in their peak, from the leadership, the members, the diplomacy, everything really. So its a good point, why keep the name when there is no resemblance ??
tH is getting better with the war on Axe, but are still nothing to what the original was. And now the group of Axe players are dragging the name down, so that Axe will last be remembered as a tribe of 20 inactive players getting beat by a former ally, instead of all the great things the tribe did acheive.
but at the same time I guess its completely the leaders choice as to what they call their tribe and we cant tell them what to do in that regard.

Reminds me of when Verm changed the old tH name to TWIG, as he felt the tribe no longer represented what tH stood for....
It

I didn't leave because I thought TATS was a retarded idea and wouldn't work...and what do you know, I was right.

DeletedUser61009

The name ain't the most important, tough it matters alot.

This ain't like a football club or some other club, or group, (whatever), wich collors and name you learned to love and respect, and care it in your heart.

It ain't the name of the tribe that makes the concept of a fighting and prestigious tribe, it are the persons behind the name that give all that.

But once a name achieves a certain power in peoples mind it will have that effect, but never forget all began with a concept, with a group of men, and if they aren't arround anymore that concept has died!

DeletedUser48102

The name ain't the most important, tough it matters alot.

This ain't like a football club or some other club, or group, (whatever), wich collors and name you learned to love and respect, and care it in your heart.

It ain't the name of the tribe that makes the concept of a fighting and prestigious tribe, it are the persons behind the name that give all that.

But once a name achieves a certain power in peoples mind it will have that effect, but never forget all began with a concept, with a group of men, and if they aren't arround anymore that concept has died!

I agree 100 percent old friend! I dont have to be in a tribe to have friends in it! So thats why i stay behide an fight alone. I know if i need help i have alot of members of war around me that i have been with from the start of the game. An thats all that matters to me. Ill help them as they will help me. So the name or what tribe i am in does not mean sh** to me. That is why i stay where i am at to all the old members of NL is dead an gone.

medic472

...Its an open question that I am looking for an insight into...any comments?

So it seems clear to me that the tribal tag is whats important to you too!

I think you slightly mis-understood this post!

Its about why tribal tags are so important - if the same people (for example all of tH) played under another tag would it matter as long as it was the same people with the same loyalties???

You say this is an open question yet when someone indicates that they believe differently than you, they get told that they didn't understand the post. It seems to me that you have a rather singular point of view on the topic since you are part of a new tribe and all.

Here's what I don't understand. If it's not important what tag your fight under, why does it matter if it's an old tag or a new one? Some have the opinion that just because a tribe is old and it's not as big as it used to be then it's time to delete and form a new tribe. What's the point of that? Well I think I know the answer to that. It's the shiny penny mentality, it's new and pretty so it must be better. But the reality is it's just a penny. New tribes have higher activity levels because the players just joined and want to hit the ground running and show they can contribute. But sooner or later they fall victim to the same old problem...inactive players.

I fight with the ones I've fought with for years, if these guys and gals wanted to move to another tribe I would probably go with them.

"Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet!"

This tragic tale illustrated the simple truth that the answer to the question "What's in a name?" is nothing and everything.

xannash

You say this is an open question yet when someone indicates that they believe differently than you, they get told that they didn't understand the post. It seems to me that you have a rather singular point of view on the topic since you are part of a new tribe and all.

Here's what I don't understand. If it's not important what tag your fight under, why does it matter if it's an old tag or a new one? Some have the opinion that just because a tribe is old and it's not as big as it used to be then it's time to delete and form a new tribe. What's the point of that? Well I think I know the answer to that. It's the shiny penny mentality, it's new and pretty so it must be better. But the reality is it's just a penny. New tribes have higher activity levels because the players just joined and want to hit the ground running and show they can contribute. But sooner or later they fall victim to the same old problem...inactive players.

I fight with the ones I've fought with for years, if these guys and gals wanted to move to another tribe I would probably go with them.

"Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet!"

This tragic tale illustrated the simple truth that the answer to the question "What's in a name?" is nothing and everything.

I really like the quote from Shakespear...kind of classy IMO.

DeletedUser

Medic - Love the quote very apt!

The name of the tribe does not matter, the age of the tribe does not matter - I just used these examples.

I actually agree with everything you have said!!

DeletedUser

Impressive medic-I never thought anyone would be able to relate tribalwars and Shakespeare so well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I used to hate when people would use the tH name after I (and my core friends) left, in any of the online games we played. Now when I see that it's still used here I'm kind of happy. The current tribe may differ in skill, attitude, players but sticking together with the tag shows the loyalty tH always hoped to inspire in its members.

And yes, I did the asshole move of deleting my account back in the day, for reasons entirely unrelated to TW, but I regret the way I made my exit and apologize to the friends and tribemates I left behind in doing so.

DeletedUser

vermy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude add me on skype again if you dare :p ;)

DeletedUser

Only just returned to TW, and I was wondering, what exactly happened to TSoH? I used to play for them under the name "Kelham".

If this is off topic, my apologies, it looked like the best place to ask.

DeletedUser

TSOH was a fully functional tribe until about 3 months ago. At that time, siddhartha created TATS which was supposed to be the super tribe to end the world. The best players from both AXE and TSOH joined TATS. Jaffe stayed in Axe with a couple of members loyal to Axe so Axe was kept alive, but all of TSOH's leaders joined TATS and the rest of the members were forced to join someone else. Mostly the extra TSOH members went to DA or to WAR.

DeletedUser

TSOH was a fully functional tribe until about 3 months ago. At that time, siddhartha created TATS which was supposed to be the super tribe to end the world. The best players from both AXE and TSOH joined TATS. Jaffe stayed in Axe with a couple of members loyal to Axe so Axe was kept alive, but all of TSOH's leaders joined TATS and the rest of the members were forced to join someone else. Mostly the extra TSOH members went to DA or to WAR.

wrong, it was more than just the leaders that went to TATS

DeletedUser

actually maybe you should re read your own post....

"but all of TSOH's leaders joined TATS and the rest of the members were forced to join someone else. Mostly the extra TSOH members went to DA or to WAR"