Whats the point?

DeletedUser74702

Alright everyone I had a thought...

Through out the entire time i have played Tribal wars, all i've ever heard was that "troops win wars", and "points don't matter". And so my question is, why are there points at all? Why not just have villages that can be built up, with no actual 'points' for the building upgrades? Would it really make that much of a difference? I mean, we could still have fun nuking each other without comparing the point factor.

But then a second thought came to me. What if points really are the most important thing in TW? After all, you can't have NO skill and still reach into the top 20. and can you really say your 'winning' if your in 1000th place? Is it possible that troops are merely a way to protect your place in the world rankings?

I have more opinions on the subject, but i would like to hear what the rest of you thinks about it.

P.S. If you think this is a stupid post, keep it to yourself. I have every right to post it and am bored and wanna have a discussion. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Hello Captain Obvious!

Clearly the statement 'points don't win wars' is a fallacy.
If you take all of your opponent's points, you have won the war.

Troops are merely a means to and end. That end is points. :)

DeletedUser74702

Thats a great example. However, even without points, you could still win a war by taking all of the opponents villages. So once again, how do the points themselves matter?

DeletedUser

Because when you take the villages, you take the points.
If all you did was kill troops, wars would never end.

2004 Artemis

Unless said enemy quit from the constant attrition. However that could be akin to taking away their points, although you wouldn't gain them yourself

DeletedUser74702

I didn't say anything about not taking villages. I just said that you can still take over villages even if they don't give you points. So why have points?

DeletedUser

to have biger feeling of progress? just taking a wild guess.

DeletedUser

if u take away the points, then theire value is transferred to village count.. would still be the same.

DeletedUser

Points serve two purposes:

1. To give players a sense of progress, particularly in early days when building up that 1st, painfully slow, villa.
2. To provide the basis for morale calculations. Love it or hate it, you can't escape it (at least not on this world)

DeletedUser

I didn't say anything about not taking villages. I just said that you can still take over villages even if they don't give you points. So why have points?

competition.

People just like to be better than others.