When will we see a non Pay to win world?

haha212

Reaction score
This world obviously. And the lesson comes after the quesiton.

Well I think on any given world, it would depend on how much pp someone has and how many resources are being sold to the premium exchange. I saw villages over 4k points that were still under beginner's protection on this world. I am sure there were more extreme cases that I did not see.

It is also worth mentioning, these players have minted coins and have noble trains as well. All while under beginner's protection.

Reaction score
Well I think on any given world, it would depend on how much pp someone has and how many resources are being sold to the premium exchange. I saw villages over 4k points that were still under beginner's protection on this world. I am sure there were more extreme cases that I did not see.

It is also worth mentioning, these players have minted coins and have noble trains as well. All while under beginner's protection.
Ah sorry, I missed an important modifier on my question: *without using premium*

haha212

Reaction score
Ah sorry, I missed an important modifier on my question: *without using premium*
All good.

Assuming a speed 1:1 and 3 day beginner's protection world with scavenging, it is likely to see players that aren't using pp to exit BP at around 200-300 points and closing in on 1k spears(this is the common goal, but probably much less). Obviously a player can go for more buildings/points, but then won't have the greater income from scavenge later on.

Players with more barb's spawning in their location are at an advantage, orfcourse.

So my problem is: This now leaves players with 4k points and noble trains, fighting against people with 200-300 points and some spears.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All good.

On a speed 1:1 world. On a scavenge world, it is likely to see players that aren't using pp to exit BP at around 300 points and closing in on 1k spears. Obviously a player can go for more buildings/points, but then won't have the greater income from scavenge later on.

Players with more barb's spawning in their location are at an advantage, orfcourse.

So here's where we differ on thinking about TW:

I'm not playing particularly actively (I'm stuck in quarantine, but I'm a solo account and I'm not messing around my sleep schedule or anything). I'm currently 326 points, with ~600 spears, some LC, etc. I have more than 40 hours of BP left. I expect I'll leave BP at over 500 points, with something like 1K spears and 100+ LC. Although I might switch to axes at some point. I haven't used a single premium point except to purchase a premium account. I didn't even use the event yesterday, which would have given me some additional advantages. Nor am I using premium I gained on this world (for example selling off iron for PP and buying wood with the PP would have been helpful earlier, though now it's not)

A good player with PP would outperform me obviously, but to be *dangerous* to me, you either need to already be a reasonably competent player, or willing to spend legit hundreds of dollars (this is the same reason I claim 10K spears is > than 10K pp). Granted, if you're willing to spend literally thousands of dollars on premium (https://cheesasaurus.github.io/tw/en109/pp-daily-breakdown.html), you'll win for sure, but that just prevents you from being rank one, or top 3. There aren't that many people with unlimited budgets.

SirDunLaugh

Reaction score

I'm not playing particularly actively (I'm stuck in quarantine, but I'm a solo account and I'm not messing around my sleep schedule or anything). I'm currently 326 points, with ~600 spears, some LC, etc. I have more than 40 hours of BP left. I expect I'll leave BP at over 500 points, with something like 1K spears and 100+ LC. Although I might switch to axes at some point. I haven't used a single premium point except to purchase a premium account. I didn't even use the event yesterday, which would have given me some additional advantages. Nor am I using premium I gained on this world (for example selling off iron for PP and buying wood with the PP would have been helpful earlier, though now it's not)

A good player with PP would outperform me obviously, but to be *dangerous* to me, you either need to already be a reasonably competent player, or willing to spend legit hundreds of dollars (this is the same reason I claim 10K spears is > than 10K pp). Granted, if you're willing to spend literally thousands of dollars on premium (https://cheesasaurus.github.io/tw/en109/pp-daily-breakdown.html), you'll win for sure, but that just prevents you from being rank one, or top 3. There aren't that many people with unlimited budgets.

That is actually a lot of spears plus LC. What level of scavenging you use and what are your resource buildings?

Reaction score
That is actually a lot of spears plus LC. What level of scavenging you use and what are your resource buildings?
yes that's the point :p
I'm using scavenging 1/2/3 optimally, 4 isn't worth the cost for a while longer.

I'm currently at 11/8/6+2 queued pits, I was at something like 11/5/3 from like day one until a few hours ago, but then I got LC and needed more iron, and the clay upgrades are needed for interim quests.

Reaction score
Also do you farm or purely scavenging?

I was microfarming with the 60 swords you have to get, in groups of 5. That pulled in ~500 of each resource per day, it's a bit better than scavenging, but not by much.

Now I'm scavenging with LC.

I also have the late start advantage of being able to clear inactive players who started before me when they leave BP. That only really started yesterday, but my faming income jumped like fourfold, since I got 1-2 hauls of 850 of each resource. That let me reach LC a bit faster than I would have in a normal start.

haha212

Reaction score

Beginner's protection is also 6 days on this world. It is also easier to start later in a world (I previously made an edit to my post about these variables, you probably didn't see before responding.)

Yeah, I would say your growth is about right or slightly better than an experienced, active player on W113.

However, your 600 spears and 100 LC stand no chance against a player with 4k points and a noble train. That is what is so frustrating about the pay to win worlds, it doesn't matter how well you play. I hope for your sake that you have no pp-abusers around you and are able to enjoy the world during quarantine.

Last edited:

Tha Rule

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Considering your inability to write sentences and your completely annoying-to-read grammar, you are probably the last person that should be making fun of someone else's job/income. People who care about their money aren't dumb enough to get stuck in the Tribalwar's pay to win trap; hence, they quit.
I can write just fine, when i wish too. Well not everyone works for the city they live in make $30hr. So i guess, you couldn't afford a hobby huh? So when you going to stop cry about lose in TW cause your too lazy to pp a couple worlds to help give your self a boost ? Sure if you have any friends they get annoyed listen to you whining all the time.... No you haven't Offended me, If you do I would let you know their sweet cheeks.

haha212

Reaction score
I can write just fine, when i wish too. Well not everyone works for the city they live in make $30hr. So i guess, you couldn't afford a hobby huh? So when you going to stop cry about lose in TW cause your too lazy to pp a couple worlds to help give your self a boost ? Sure if you have any friends they get annoyed listen to you whining all the time.... No you haven't Offended me, If you do I would let you know their sweet cheeks.

You sound pretty offended to me! And that's crazy man, $30/hr you say? You must be rich!

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
People just need to stop cry about it, Get them self a sugar Daddy/ Mommy .....So they can feel good about themselves... Then again maybe all of you that complain is your way of feeling good about yourself?? Hey how about getting a job so you can spend $$$ on your hobby TW... Any normal person who has a hobby spends money on it... Wow what a concept!!! God i love stuff facts down other throats, Just turns me on... just sayin

You're a moron.

I'm not "crying" about anything. I moved on from this game years ago. I am 31 years old and I make over $150,000 a year. I have no problem spending money on a hobby. I have a problem with the entire concept of a pay-for-perks game because it undermines the competitive nature of the game.

I play games competitively, I number crunch and minmax, and seek to learn the optimal strategies.

I have been rank 1 on more TW worlds than any other player in the history of the game. I'm a Grandmaster on Starcraft 2, have been rank 3 on Warzone's competitive 1v1 ladder, was the second player in the world to beat Torchlight II on hardcore elite, and am in general very good at basically any online game I play. It's not about lacking money or being unable to spend money on a game. An achievement you earn by spending money isn't worth shit, that's the only reason I refuse to play TribalWars as it currently functions. I'd much rather spend even $100 per month to play a game on a level playing field than play a game that has pay-for-perks bullshit in it.

Last edited:

Tha Rule

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You're a moron.

I'm not "crying" about anything. I moved on from this game years ago. I am 31 years old and I make over $150,000 a year. I have no problem spending money on a hobby. I have a problem with the entire concept of a pay-for-perks game because it undermines the competitive nature of the game.

I play games competitively, I number crunch and minmax, and seek to learn the optimal strategies.

I have been rank 1 on more TW worlds than any other player in the history of the game. I'm a Grandmaster on Starcraft 2, have been rank 3 on Warzone's competitive 1v1 ladder, was the second player in the world to beat Torchlight II on hardcore elite, and am in general very good at basically any online game I play. It's not about lacking money or being unable to spend money on a game. An achievement you earn by spending money isn't worth shit, that's the only reason I refuse to play TribalWars as it currently functions. I'd much rather spend even $100 per month to play a game on a level playing field than play a game that has pay-for-perks bullshit in it.
awww did i hit a nerve with you?? so do you want a brownie button for all your online game accomplishments now?? I bet your mother is so proud of you! Now if you moved from this game years ago, then how come your hear cry your spew ??? Oh wait your still butt hurt, and you want to let the world know it's not fair and toss a fit like a five year old and call people names!! I laugh at people like you, your the real joke. Bless your heart.

Killer Instinct.

Reaction score

1v1 me scrub

mattcurr

Reaction score
You're a moron.

I can drink a gallon of milk in ten seconds.

haha212

Reaction score
You're a moron.

...I have no problem spending money on a hobby. I have a problem with the entire concept of a pay-for-perks game because it undermines the competitive nature of the game.

...I'd much rather spend even $100 per month to play a game on a level playing field than play a game that has pay-for-perks bullshit in it.

Well said. This Frenzy guy cracks me up. Lol

How to know when Frenzy is online:
124499.jpg
Mr. Blood Frenzy
A Whiny-Child
"Yuo know gud at da game onlee peeple, withowt job cant pay for hoby.... sterp cryin.... i so gud even, when no have pp.... i city work!!!!... i can actually aford hoby... u cannnt... mayb u shood, get job like me... dud i say i citee work???? i so rich.... i hav so mch, monee... u cannnt afford hoby... mommy this... mommeee that..!!!"

Last edited:

SentrySeven

Reaction score
@haha212

Your point is pretty clear to everyone, I'd just like to point out that TW are literally catering to people on isolation/no pp by creating a new classic world. Classic world have premium acc, Loot assistant, and ACC manager ONLY, no other pp boosts can be used.

It starts next week, you're welcome.

Tha Rule

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
sweet we wont have to listen to @haha212 cry like a baby anymore he will have a world to go play on!! BTW cute impression you did of me, I feel all fuzzy inside cause, you took the time to show me some love ;)

Ohh You know if you farm and gather ... you might do better ...just haha212.jpgsayin

Last edited: