When will we see a non Pay to win world?

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think many will agree that tribalwars is no longer the competitive nor strategic game it once was. Players can literally buy resources with real life currencies. That is not skill.
Please come on a HP/Classic world once to show your skill without pp

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
as the shyttest player to ever grace TW
i have to admit the skill required is minimal at best theses days

snipe - use a script
farm - use a script (was an illegal auto farmer going around a few worlds back)
need quick res - buy with pp
have incoming attacks - no worries just pp wall and wait for watchtower
building going to slow - pp to the rescue
ops - half of them are made by scripts or some website
want to send a train - no problem use the ingame system provided
want a fake train - use an extension or script
need more firepower - pop a booster
want more items from an event then others - spend some pp
lacking pp - just buy more or spend a few worlds farming pp (adds to the problem of dead worlds)

the only skill left in this game is the mail game and tribe management
which is slowly becoming less due to the increase in family tribes
and the fact that everyone knows each other

so to all those that talk about ingame skills - theres 0 skill in holding/pressing a button

now pp users have an advantage over all other players - saying other wise is bullshyt
does everyone have that same opportunity - yes (within reason)
should it be encouraged as the go to method for playing TW - hell no

try being part of the solution rather then part of the problem
and please stop justifying it by suggesting others join in the problem

Without reading every comment across this thread (apologies if this is already answered), but would 1 non-PP world in every 10, heck 1 in every 15/20 be so bad?

I get that it's a cash cow for the devs, but throw us a bone every now and then?

its the timeframe inbetween which is the issue (for fun lets say every world lasted 1 month before the next one starts)
typically a player wont stick around and wait 15-20 months or even 10 months to play a single world (basically a year waiting)
due to that lack of frequency theres high chances those players would also miss the start of the world (making the playerbase wanting non pp worlds seem smaller then it is)

in saying that the classic worlds after the changes do help lower the wait time between non pp worlds which is great (but think its still only 2-3 per year - when no quarantines)

Last edited:

mattcurr

Reaction score
It costs them nothing.

InnoGames just passed 1 billion in revenue last year. Their income increases by 30%+ per year. Tribalwars is not their big money maker. But even still, they rather drive this game into the dirt and milk every last dollar out of its players than to make a game people want to play.
Yeah I was looking at that article and their parent company a few days ago. A billion in revenue over the course of what 18 years? Couple that with the parent company bleeding money like crazy; I’d also have to assume that no-one was sitting around waiting to write articles based on information that isn’t completely public.

Meaning it was likely a press release before reporting 500 million in losses so they don’t look as bad on the markets. Given a revenue stream of 2 billion a year by MTG i have to imagine that the company is in dire straits either looking to sell itself or assets; it’s unrealistic to see them digging out of that mounting debt. They won’t do anything to jeopardize any of their revenue streams at the moment.

haha212

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at that article and their parent company a few days ago. A billion in revenue over the course of what 18 years? Couple that with the parent company bleeding money like crazy; I’d also have to assume that no-one was sitting around waiting to write articles based on information that isn’t completely public.

Meaning it was likely a press release before reporting 500 million in losses so they don’t look as bad on the markets. Given a revenue stream of 2 billion a year by MTG i have to imagine that the company is in dire straits either looking to sell itself or assets; it’s unrealistic to see them digging out of that mounting debt. They won’t do anything to jeopardize any of their revenue streams at the moment.

Good. They should be losing money...

Maybe if they spent half the time creating a quality application people want to use instead of deciding which micro-transaction to add next, more people would want to play their games.

Do you think anyone would post on Facebook if you had to pay a dollar for every post?
Do you think anyone would play Call of Duty if players could spend $5 at the beginning of every match to buy extra-powerful guns?
Do you think anyone would vote for Bernie Sanders if you had to give him 60 cents every time you made a dollar?

To think that the Inno paid their team to come up with that goofy material crafting "minigame" just to add more micro-transactions into the game, I'm happy to see that they are losing money.

Last edited:

mattcurr

Reaction score
Good. They should be losing money...

Maybe if they spent half the time creating a quality application people want to use instead of deciding which micro-transaction to add next, more people would want to play their games.

Do you think anyone would post on Facebook if you had to pay a dollar for every post?
Do you think anyone would play Call of Duty if players could spend $5 at the beginning of every match to buy extra-powerful guns?
Do you think anyone would vote for Bernie Sanders if you had to give him 60 cents every time you made a dollar?

To think that the Inno paid their team to come up with that goofy material crafting "minigame" just to add more micro-transactions into the game, I'm happy to see that they are losing money.
Your post boils down to two basic things nonsense, indicative of someone who never performs research on their opinions. And nonsense based on not comprehending the post you’re responding to. At least you’re not as cocky in your nonsense as nauz and minty are.
But your questions in order. No, yes and yes.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Please come on a HP/Classic world once to show your skill without pp

The only complaint i would have about Classic is that its not realistic enough. Ie, they arent playing for life or death of an account. Its like when you first learn to play poker, you and your fam dump the change jar out and then compete for the money - that just goes back into the jar at the end and you only have the experience afterwards. I enjoy winning something thats earned, and kept. Not something that is returned to the community pot. I am unfortunately too intelligent for those kids games. :D

Mattcurr - without reading the article myself, i wouldnt be able to respond. I find it hard that innogames is actually losing money based on what is essentially digital properties.

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The only complaint i would have about Classic is that its not realistic enough. Ie, they arent playing for life or death of an account. Its like when you first learn to play poker, you and your fam dump the change jar out and then compete for the money - that just goes back into the jar at the end and you only have the experience afterwards. I enjoy winning something thats earned, and kept. Not something that is returned to the community pot. I am unfortunately too intelligent for those kids games. :D

I am so sorry mister Pajuno the great that I assumed your IQ is so low that you would play a world that takes more skill then the worlds you guys are complaining about

Deleted User - 10368546

Regular and Classic worlds are for noobs, real pros play casual worlds, Come test your skills in war against barbs, to see how good you really are.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I am so sorry mister Pajuno the great that I assumed your IQ is so low that you would play a world that takes more skill then the worlds you guys are complaining about

*yawn* i seen you play some on 104. You aint bad, but you aint great. If you cant admit the pay 2 win has ruined a great TEAM game, then maybe you aint as bright as you think.

Its Pajuno the Chef, not the great. Someone already took that one..

How many worlds you won? Not in the pay 2 win era? Exactly.

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
*yawn* i seen you play some on 104. You aint bad, but you aint great. If you cant admit the pay 2 win has ruined a great TEAM game, then maybe you aint as bright as you think.

Its Pajuno the Chef, not the great. Someone already took that one..

How many worlds you won? Not in the pay 2 win era? Exactly.
You didnt really see me play tho so you cant judge much and I wasnt around on net servers on the non pay to win era. But ye I did win my 2nd Classic around 5 months ago so I guess that counts as a non ptw win? I just dont feel the need to talk about it all the time

Listen mate we all get it you are the almighty pajuno that won world 40 or something and warred for 3 years abd this and that, get your head out your arse

Edit: Also idk how your comment is relevant to what I said since we were talking about classic and you just started talking about pay to win again