When writing a guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

When writing a guide... (Part 1 ready)

What would be the most important things to mention in a guide? I'm writing a guide for defensive and offensive systems for my tribe but I'm willing to share it with the world 15 community if there's any interest. It's been done before but I'm going in-depth with charts on all aspects of the troops and defensive systems.

If there's any wisdom you'd like to share, please do!

@ moderator: I've posted it in here because all calculations, charts and graphs I made are world 15 specific. Wouldn't work in other worlds.

Finished the guide! Read it here

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A popular debate follows the use and deployment of Heavy Cavalry, that's always something interesting to look into.

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm a big fan of HC myself. Some graphs I made:

11h3y4z.png

1587cy0.png

2py9pn6.png

fu2ek7.png

DeletedUser

lol =) there other charts where those came from.

I'll have to use the numbers for efficiency too though... For example, what to use against a sword/archer defense? You'd think mounted archers because of the sucky AD value (see chart), but an LC nuke is actually more efficient (damage/villager) than an MA nuke so you should pick LC... I had the exact numbers but the thread got deleted on my tribal boards :p

DeletedUser

here i dont understand those charts so not sure if it is there or not
but
100%moral
1000 M.A attacking will kill 9000 archers with a 20 wall

DeletedUser

Check:

A good defense has a balanced defensive strength vs. all kinds of offensive units. Building just one type of defensive unit is foolish and should NEVER be done. I have seen a good friend of mine cry because he lost 20.000 archers after his neighbour scouted him and sent a MA nuke his way. The usual defensive systems on the later worlds are: swords/archers 1:1 ratio, spears/swords/archers 1:1:1 ratio, spears/swords 1:1 ratio, and spears/HC 4:1 ratio.

DeletedUser

im using sprs/swrds/archrs or swrds/sprs or swrds/archrs...

DeletedUser

I do sp/ar/hc :p

Sometimes also catapults

Really? I've always done it 1:1 sp/sw and 1 archer for every 3 sp/sw. HC only come in when I'm in desperate need for some quick defense so I start pumping out HC and spear.

DeletedUser

According to my most recent calculations, 6567 spears, 8235 swords and 6176 archers is the most efficient defense

DeletedUser

The logic behind the defense is as follows:

The strongest attack possible is one aimed at the defense's weakness up to a certain degree. Since one might think that a lower number for Archer Defense might invite MA, this isn't entirely correct. A 4.000 MA nuke has only 60% of the strength of a 20.000 axe nuke, which is why the strength of your AD should be 60% of your GD. Same goes for Cavalry Defense - an LC has 81,3% the strength of an axe nuke, so the strength of your CD should be 81,3% of your GD as to leave no weaknesses. A balanced defense in absolute numbers is therefore foolish and both sword/spear 1:1 ratio and spear/hc 4:1 ratio fail to comprehend this.

This is where some easy calculations come in handy. 6567 spears, 8235 swords and 6176 archers gives the following chart, and leave no weaknesses to any unit

2rh4295.jpg

I'm now trying to find a new spear/hc ratio based on that idea

Edit: crap I forgot the simple fact that MA nukes are pretty rare

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that there is not a super defensive formula. I don't like plain statistics. There is much more than only def. stats...you have to calculate, that you won't be online all the time and that sometimes when you log on you will have less time to support you cities, so HC comes handy. They are not the best defense of all but are flexible.

So i think the best defense is a mixed one which can support your cities in a most efficient way!

DeletedUser

That's the exact thing I want to find out Seeky... A good mix between statistics and experience.

DeletedUser

I found it! Haha!

The other -BB- duke is so enthusiastic about this he wants me to keep it a secret until we quit the world

DeletedUser30632

Impressive. I would love to see the final result, but maybe it would be best to keep it for your tribe and close allies? ;)

DeletedUser

That's the exact thing I want to find out Seeky... A good mix between statistics and experience.

Hm...i haven't expressed myself good enough. I think that a perfect defense is activnes + good tribe support. In the end it doesn't matter if you have sp+sw, ar/sp/sw, sp/ar or sp/hc, because if you don't support your cities and if your tribe doesn't help you when needed you are dead :icon_evil:

So i think a "how to support and get support" guide will be more usefull. Anyway i am glad you found out the perfect defense, statistically speaking...matehmatics and statistics are good, but have never won a war....tactics and strategy on the other hand had won countless of wars ;)

DeletedUser

I've been around since world 5 and I'm the duke of war in my tribe so I'm familiar with tactics, strategy and the necessity of active members ^^ That is why I've gone through the effort of looking for the best way for us to build a fast-moving, balanced defense in short notice with a balanced use of resources. Some stats (I've baptized the defense "the Berry Defense" after our tribe name):

2d15t9g.jpg

wwngag.png

ddkmrt.jpg

2zhe2s3.jpg

DeletedUser

He he, nice work! Seems to me that you like archers and hc :icon_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.