Where did all go wrong?

DeletedUser

I'm surprised you thought this deserved its own thread. Unlike LSHRV, we at C² are skillfully managing our inactivity and will not let it impede the war effort. On the contrary, our back-field players are now being given front-line villages so that they may participate more actively in the war effort. Let me know when the stats reflect a shift in the tide of the war.

DeletedUser

ok so we are like months ahead of you in that respect with the backliners being moved to the front, and skilfully? for the past 2 weeks we have hit top noblers several times, more then C², as you guys said when we first merged, lshrv bearly get a winning day against you, well looky looky, havent the tables turned....

DeletedUser

ok so we are like months ahead of you in that respect with the backliners being moved to the front, and skilfully? for the past 2 weeks we have hit top noblers several times, more then C², as you guys said when we first merged, lshrv bearly get a winning day against you, well looky looky, havent the tables turned....
Tables turned? We must be fighting different wars. Here at C² we define winning the war as nobling the most enemy villages, not nobling the most villages overall. The only days since this war began in which LSHRV nobled more C² villages than we nobled LSHRV villages were October 9th and November 10th. I fail to see any changes in the war due to C² statistically insignificant inactivity.

DeletedUser

Congrats on taking inactives, barbs and using *MK* to help take out Coal. On the other hand we have continued to take your villages quite nicely. While its true we did slow down a bit over the holidays things have been picking back up. We took a large cluster of your villages well behind the lines in K65 (note days long noble trains with few nukes preceding them) and more ops are either coming or yet to come.

I realize this is an attempt to lift the morale of your tribe and convince yourselves that things are turning around and getting better, that has yet to happen. Your players are still quitting and I have heard about you guys attacking your own players for fear of them being spies. I only hope that you guys (and gals) see the writing on the walls before the fun and active players are driven from this world.

mLions

Admit it, the tables have turned, only we pushed it too hard and they turned for 360 degrees, instead of the intended 180...

So, we're where we were - fighting a long, boring, tedious war which less and less people even bother about...

The last person standing there, could you please turn off the lights?

Thanks

:)

DeletedUser

Heh, thanks for that 360 comment mLions. It really made me laugh.

Tense, you also realize that the nobling map counts LSHRV, LSHRVa, and Sunny as one tribe right (families are grouped like that). Now LSHRVa would rarely contribute an ennoblement, but I do remember Sunny being around 10 daily, even after they merged with you guys.

DeletedUser

I must admit that tense is getting ahead of himself a little, although there r whisperings of C² inactivity problems... lets wait and see if that becomes an issue :icon_biggrin:

Also if u look at the locations of the nobling u will see that most of it is in traditional Sunny territory and (today at least) nothing on the front line. You might remember that during our war we often nobled more than LSHRV on some days so giving us 10 out of 44 nobles is a little disappointing :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

I think you got the wrong numbers... Wars are won by nobling the enemys villages... LSHRV has quite a lot of ianctives so you are nobling those villages.. so.. you are not doing nothing basically regardin the war... just nobling inactives and Barbarians.
Congrats for replacing lost front villages for backline inactives. But that doesnt make the war tide change or mean we are inactives cause we are nobling less villages.

Keep it Up thought nobling villages.

DeletedUser

I must admit that tense is getting ahead of himself a little, although there r whisperings of C² inactivity problems... lets wait and see if that becomes an issue :icon_biggrin:

Also if u look at the locations of the nobling u will see that most of it is in traditional Sunny territory and (today at least) nothing on the front line. You might remember that during our war we often nobled more than LSHRV on some days so giving us 10 out of 44 nobles is a little disappointing :icon_sad:

Every tribe has inactivity. It's a fact that must be accepted in this game. Do we have inactive members? Yes. Do we have an inactivity problem? No. We are managing quite well, thank you for asking.

Ende, I was referring to the time period after the merge, after the more active members would have gone to LSHRV. During that period, I remember Sunny on a few occasions having noblings around 10/day.

ravensbane3468

To me, an inactivity problem is when you don't have participation, you have silence. All of our ops get assigned/claimed up pretty quick.

Inactivity problems could also arise if we have a problem eating our own and they fell into enemy hands. We have to place limits on our inactive claims, so all the rabid dogs can get a scrap or two.

So far, we have no problems.

However, it will be interesting to see, given that we do, from time to time, lose a member, as we all do, what the future holds as our member count drops to 60, 55, 50... etc. At what point do we not have enough to sit, plan, "BE" a tribe? I'm thinking 30? So, will this war be over by then? This world? Or will we find some place to fill our ranks a bit.

I dunno. I'm just a peon.

But I do know - that for now - we have no problems.

DeletedUser78416

You guys have been one of the lucky ones...with high morale and great activity over the course of this world.

Maybe it isn't luck though, you guys may have all planned this, or maybe C² was a premade...I dont know.

In either case, the formula you guys have for staying active is really the key to success, that's no secret. If MichielK really wanted to make an interesting thread based on statistics...because the other one to me is pretty boring and pointless ( no offense) he could do a breakdown of where people are from and assign a percentage level to an individual groups(culture/nationality) activity level. This could be then analyzed to figure out who the most active tribesmate would be...somebody from America or somebody from Germany, etc.

Then world 55 would see the uber tribe, premade of only peeps from the highest activity level nationality.

But Im stupid, don't listen to me.:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think we should all join an uber tribe on w47 and call it w16pro

All the most active and good players should join. And me as well:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

whats the new world coming out that dosent have a tribe limit? thats the one we should join.

DeletedUser

whats the new world coming out that dosent have a tribe limit? thats the one we should join.

W46, I thought I'd recruit 32,000 players then delete my account, but it's too much effort pressing the join button.

DeletedUser

W46 will be hilarious. =D I can see it all ending when every noob in the world joins an uber tribe and piles the very few decent players there. I think a more interesting world would be one with no tribes at all. Now that would interest me. But then again pros would find a way to recruit and communicate away from the game, so it would be pointless.

Good day. :)

DeletedUser

Ok, getting back on topic before this derails into a pointless W46 thread...

You guys have been one of the lucky ones...with high morale and great activity over the course of this world.
This made me laugh. What does luck have to do with it? The only things I've ever seen luck have an influence on in this game is in the luck when attacking and in placement when first joining the world, which was nearly 2 years ago for most of us now.

Maybe it isn't luck though, you guys may have all planned this, or maybe C² was a premade...I dont know.
This made me laugh harder. Did you even bother to look at C2's history? I can think of several pretty big merges. C2 merged with IP, TIF, CND, and BFL. I'd say that's enough to prove it wasn't a premade...Or was this really all just a big scheme played out perfectly to fool everyone into thinking we weren't a premade? :icon_twisted:

In either case, the formula you guys have for staying active is really the key to success, that's no secret. If MichielK really wanted to make an interesting thread based on statistics...because the other one to me is pretty boring and pointless ( no offense) he could do a breakdown of where people are from and assign a percentage level to an individual groups(culture/nationality) activity level. This could be then analyzed to figure out who the most active tribesmate would be...somebody from America or somebody from Germany, etc.
I agree with you, this would be interesting, but the results wouldn't be accurate at all. Whatever region was "most active" would be purely coincidental. There are so many variables involved that it would just screw up the results completely.

Then world 55 would see the uber tribe, premade of only peeps from the highest activity level nationality.
You do that...

But Im stupid, don't listen to me.:icon_razz:
Dang it! But I already typed out this whole post. :icon_cry:

Could you please try sticking to facts rather than just posting whatever comes to mind? You keep trying to play me off as the bad guy whenever I shoot down one of your ideas. I'm starting to get tired of that excuse.

Also, I say its would be inpossible because of all of the confounding variables.
-Different numbers of players from different areas. Say we had 50 from the US, then we would end up taking the average percentage. The US may have say 3 players with a 100% activity rating (not sure how we'd figure this, I'm just being theoretical). Now say Australia only had one player, who also had a 100% activity rating. Now the US average rating would most likely be well below 100 since its taking an average of so many players, yet Australia would have 100. Now does that make Australia the more active country even though the US has more players with the same activity rating?
-Differing life circumstances. Things happen when we play the game. School picks up, exams, new job, marriage, death, illness, injuries, etc. Anything can happen at any time to alter activity. Now normally a player may have say an 80% rating, but recently started studying hard for exams at the time the survey is done estimating the activity, and it shows up as a 10%? Does this make the player an inactive player, or did they just have something come up?

I can think of several more, but I've already took up a lot of space just posting two of them.

Now if you really want to continue this, please either make a new topic in the general section or mail me privately. Again, I don't want this just getting locked for being off topic once it seemed to have attracted some activity in the posters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser78416

Could you please try sticking to facts rather than just posting whatever comes to mind? You keep trying to play me off as the bad guy whenever I shoot down one of your ideas. I'm starting to get tired of that excuse.

Also, I say its would be inpossible because of all of the confounding variables.
-Different numbers of players from different areas. Say we had 50 from the US, then we would end up taking the average percentage. The US may have say 3 players with a 100% activity rating (not sure how we'd figure this, I'm just being theoretical). Now say Australia only had one player, who also had a 100% activity rating. Now the US average rating would most likely be well below 100 since its taking an average of so many players, yet Australia would have 100. Now does that make Australia the more active country even though the US has more players with the same activity rating?
-Differing life circumstances. Things happen when we play the game. School picks up, exams, new job, marriage, death, illness, injuries, etc. Anything can happen at any time to alter activity. Now normally a player may have say an 80% rating, but recently started studying hard for exams at the time the survey is done estimating the activity, and it shows up as a 10%? Does this make the player an inactive player, or did they just have something come up?

I can think of several more, but I've already took up a lot of space just posting two of them.

Now if you really want to continue this, please either make a new topic in the general section or mail me privately. Again, I don't want this just getting locked for being off topic once it seemed to have attracted some activity in the posters.

you continue to make mountains out of molehills.

and if Australia only had one player and he/she had a 100% activity rating, Id like that player on my teams, thanks.

If such a statistic were to be available, it would include all outside interference, or rather a player would start with a 100% rating, then as things come into play...RL, work, exams, etc., the number would drop. This is the reason I said players would be interviewed. Any stat can be broken down into other stats, which can then be broken down into more stats. Every single outside factor can be categorized and then they all can be lumped into one solid averaging figure.

I wasn't suggesting my theory would win me a noble prize...I was just throwing something out there. It would just be something to form a basis for comparison on, nothing more.

I apologize that you have thrown out all your salt and take everything with a grain of rock. :icon_rolleyes:

AxlTheCat

A happy new year to those still playing world 16! The BANG!/C2 merger I predicted last month hasn't happened yet, but all tribes look to still be shedding members slowly.

I see that some of C2 have joined w45 as the tribe CATS (excellent name!) I wonder what effect that will have on the tribe here in w16. A lot of CND joined w36 way back, which resulted in CND folding up shop a couple of months later when members realized that playing a newer world was more fun than their long drawn out border war was on w16 (a gross over simplification, and by no means the only reason for the C2/CND merge, but part of the puzzle non the less). Will C2's war efforts here suffer when their w45 accounts start to grow?

w46 has been mentioned in this thread. The tribes are hilarious. I'm joining the largest mass recruit tribes, jumping to the next biggest as they each fail. Currently in an 1300 member tribe.

DeletedUser

A happy new year to those still playing world 16! The BANG!/C2 merger I predicted last month hasn't happened yet, but all tribes look to still be shedding members slowly.

I see that some of C2 have joined w45 as the tribe CATS (excellent name!) I wonder what effect that will have on the tribe here in w16. A lot of CND joined w36 way back, which resulted in CND folding up shop a couple of months later when members realized that playing a newer world was more fun than their long drawn out border war was on w16 (a gross over simplification, and by no means the only reason for the C2/CND merge, but part of the puzzle non the less). Will C2's war efforts here suffer when their w45 accounts start to grow?

w46 has been mentioned in this thread. The tribes are hilarious. I'm joining the largest mass recruit tribes, jumping to the next biggest as they each fail. Currently in an 1300 member tribe.

With me !! :))