Where is everyone?

DeletedUser

So anyone who has been around for half a decade remembers the days when worlds were crammed full, and the forums were alive with chatter.

Clearly, those days are gone, and new worlds hardly fill up the core on their first days open, struggling over the coming weeks and months to develop some kind of rim. Thats all well and good if you like playing with the same people world after world, and enjoy small worlds. But youve got to admit, there is something special about hugely populated games where you meet all kinds of new people and personalities.

AS a game like tribalwars dies, I have to wonder, where does everyone go?

I will probably continue playing this game until it dies, not sure about TW2 since the first world I popped into over there had P2W written all over it. But what other games are currently kickin? Where are all the active gamers? especially in a text based, point and clickish one like this, without all the graphics? Whats the cool, highly populated game these days?

DeletedUser

Yeah, pretty much. Games which go a bit faster and reward more, or with flashier graphics.

Muldie325

Games you can play for an hour or two and then forget about until your next session, rather than worrying all day if you're under attack or if your train is going to hit a stack. Games where you don't feel like you have to set your alarm in the middle of the night in order to play perfectly.

Asylum Escapee

Dota 2 is a great game, free with no pay to win like TW, but you are free to not play it for a week if you so desire. In TW, not playing for a week generally means the end of your account. TW is also a fun game, but the reward for sticking around for years at a time just isnt there.

DeletedUser

I think I just dont like the lack of longevity with games like dota. On TW you are always building for the future, but Dota is just a quick match at a time.

DeletedUser

I play RL when I'm not playing TW. :icon_eek:
Sadly I suck at it, which keeps bringing me back to this cursed place.

DeletedUser

Off-topic talking on-topic without getting flamed ... times surely have changed.

Asylum Escapee

I normally like to flame people for being on topic but seeing as this is the onlt actual thread alive right now i'll give it a pass

Asylum Escapee

I try, but one can only do so many walrus related contests. Though even that had relatively little turnout. Perhaps I will think of something else.

DeletedUser

They were better for me just because there were more players, more personalities. At this point, we see the same faces every world and that gets old

DeletedUser

I remember seeing ads for this game all the time a couple years ago. It seems everyone has either moved on towards console games or steam. I remember having a lot of fun meeting and talking to new people on the tw forums, and even when I wasn't talking I still enjoyed lurking through these forums every once in a while. Nowadays I could probably visit these forums once every couple of months without anyone posting anything. Times sure have changed

Asylum Escapee

Things are really bad right now but we have been through phases like this in v the past and we will rise again