Where's Pilly!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Quick question: If a person is acquitted of a crime, then admits they did it, did they never do the crime?

Personally, I don't think so. It just means that they are secure enough in knowing the Bill of Rights to know that they can't be tried for that crime again, even if they blatantly say they did it. I could kill someone, get acquitted, and then say I did it, but no one can do a thing about it.

DeletedUser

Quick question: If a person is acquitted of a crime, then admits they did it, did they never do the crime?

Personally, I don't think so. It just means that they are secure enough in knowing the Bill of Rights to know that they can't be tried for that crime again, even if they blatantly say they did it. I could kill someone, get acquitted, and then say I did it, but no one can do a thing about it.
Lol double jeopardy.
Remember that your laws don't apply to the rest of the world though, many countries don't have this often abused loophole.

DeletedUser

I guess it depends on the timing of admitting; if you admit it while still in court, then it might be because of pressure, or because you're not too hopeful and looking for a reduced sentence, etc. If the admitting has nothing to do with the court-case (or rather; your possible sentence), then it carries a lot more weight.

DeletedUser

Lol double jeopardy.
Remember that your laws don't apply to the rest of the world though, many countries don't have this often abused loophole.

We're talking about Clinton. If I'm not mistaken, he might've been a U.S. president, but I'm not too sure.

DeletedUser

We're talking about Clinton. If I'm not mistaken, he might've been a U.S. president, but I'm not too sure.
You were making a generalisation.
Doesn't seem like you're talking about a specific case to me.

DeletedUser

You were making a generalisation.

Doesn't seem like you're talking about a specific case to me.

Because context never matters :icon_rolleyes:. Whatever, as long as you understand now. Or is there still some semantic argument you'd like to make?

DeletedUser

What if they are acquitted, then a family member is accused, so then they admit to the crime to protect said family member?

DeletedUser

And so W24's most inept and useless player (not insults, just going by the stats of the accounts he's had) leaves the building once again.......what a shame.......

Status
Not open for further replies.