Who are the great players? [borrowed from W14]

Garrock

1. Jayjayjay68 also known Raven24 (Jay)
2. Von Hallander (Nic)
3. Drew-Waylander (Drew)

These are not names many of you will recognize, they don't spam the forums, and they often played accounts on different names. They've played against, and with some of the more recognizable greats of all time and held their own, often out playing such players. I'll never forget a barely active Von Hallander (long after his serious days of playing were past), low rank account, utterly destroying a much larger, aggressive and arrogant player (Auskilla), when auskilla figured he would be an easy conquer. Drew is the only one who continues to play (and not as active as he once was), but I would take these 3 over any others I've ever played with... + hurod who is the most dependable tribe mate I've ever had play with me.

Last edited:

Orlok-tsubodai

Mine are a little unconventional, most won't have heard of.

1. Madlax/shards
2. hoang (cant remember completely, best startup i have seen non p2w)
3. Arrow/ UND3RRAT3D

so many more but I forget but 3 that stick out in my mind

Garrock

Mine are a little unconventional, most won't have heard of.

1. Madlax/shards
2. hoang (cant remember completely, best startup i have seen non p2w)
3. Arrow/ UND3RRAT3D

so many more but I forget but 3 that stick out in my mind

Arrow was great, he and I coplayed Hand of G0d on w44

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Are we supposed to be talking about this world here or all time greats?

EDIT: Seems to be all time, shame...wanted some trashtalk :D

Orlok-tsubodai

Are we supposed to be talking about this world here or all time greats?

EDIT: Seems to be all time, shame...wanted some trashtalk :D

In this world most likely it comes out in the top 10 player thread, I like discussing all time greats or just personally that you played with.

DeletedUser57316

People need to stop saying nauz xD Hes a good player, but someone who quits before nobling almost every world isnt really great :/

A lot of the names being said are names of good players, but a lot of people have never played with or against the "great" players of tw.

DeletedUser

Vodka Brass
Lakewind
Olly123
C0V3rt
Nwaro
Mezonis
Leather & Latex
Purple Predator
Twode6

Gorth Kirgar

eddiecesc would come to mind for me too. But I also didn't notice him until w82. He's been the nr1 player there since day 1, outplaying all those pp abusers from the start and never stopped.

atmospherecf

Yeah his a beast. Hey JSluggy I've been on and off since W4. There have been a lot that have played before me.

TW takes a big toll on you if you play it for years straight. lols

twenty-five

Eddie's a top player both in his approach (based on conversations I've had with him/things I've seen him say) and the results. One of the few players I've come across recently I actually think has their head screwed on. I would think he is better than half the people mentioned in this thread thus far. (The half I know, the others I obviously can't comment on). There are some quite poor players getting brought up though :/

Michael Corleone.

Nauz is/was a good start up player, but when it comes to OPs/Defending etc. yeah..no.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
All time greats would be Mintcream and Four Nerds No Villages. Mainly because they're fun people and play with dedication in every world. Dedicated players are better than those with "1337 skilz" almost every time.

DeletedUser118341

All time greats would be Mintcream and Four Nerds No Villages. Mainly because they're fun people and play with dedication in every world. Dedicated players are better than those with "1337 skilz" almost every time.

Your statement is a contradiction.

Perhaps those with determination come out on top is what you meant(eventually). Because they have the drive to continue in a world where some of the so called better players quit at earlier stages of the game due to boredom. With this, I agree. However to say someone is better just because they stick around is ridiculous. At the end of the day, this is a game, all of us here play for the enjoyment of it, however we all enjoy different part of it. [I'm not saying those 2 players aren't very good(I don't have much of an opinion of either), merely stating that determination to continue a world during the boring bits is a good trait to have, but in my opinion atleast does not play a huge role in determining the quality of the player]

I know a tonne of players that are very determined, they will stick around from start to finish, it actually amazes me how when I grow bored, that they don't. However, I also know that in a fight vs a good player, they would get torn apart.

PS. Thanks for the praise guys :icon_redface:

DeletedUser57316

Been trying to think of a name or two not said in here, have to include roberto (k-magic) and wind.

-M A R I O-

-M A R I O-
Garrock
JayJayJay - aka jay
Hurod
Digs
Petar
Aidan - aka St0ned
Dazrield - aka Three Blind Mice
Xanthe - aka Matt my other half

Thats my list as of now.
:lol:

Last edited:

DeletedUser118341

I can't be the only person reading this thread thinking people are just naming their friends. Most the players being brought up certainly wouldn't be otherwise.

Garrock

I can't be the only person reading this thread thinking people are just naming their friends. Most the players being brought up certainly wouldn't be otherwise.

this to some extent I think is true... Mario actually mentioned me (blush), and some others who are long time friends and often tribemates. All good players in their own right, and capable of holding their own... although, a bit of this has to be whether we gauge a player on only their individual skill, or what they bring to a tribe... if I had a premade, Mario's list would be almost perfect for me, I'd add in a handful of others, but those players he chose are among the type who are perhaps just a fraction below the all time greats (although Jay is an all time great), but are also the perfect tribemates, or very close to it... skill, team oriented, the type who give everything to see their tribes succeed, and if that is part of the criteria, then that would change the entire concept... as many of the so-called greatest evers that are tossed around (even old schoolers) were there purely for the rank and individual achievements.