Who is bored ?

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If anyone actually bothers to read this thread ...

World 45 seems to suffer from incredible boredom syndrome.

It's a very slow world and suits inactive people , but seems to take any buzz out of the game . Internalling members that have quit is a painful ordeal , warring takes ages .... people are getting frustrated and the game just isn't fun .

I'm sure those who want to finish the world by merging or whatever will not be concerned , but even that is going to take a very long time and many people will quit in the meantime , the world is going to be mainly barbs from players who have quit in 12 months , as it takes too long to noble them all .

There will be very few people left in this world in a few months unless something spices it up.

I don't think this is possible , but suggest perhaps some setting change to give the world a little edge .. Single price nobles is awesome , no morale is awesome , and to be fair the speed for me is good because I'm inactive , but I'd rather it be faster if it meant the world would pick up and more people would actually play .

Any ideas or comments ??

<3

DeletedUser

If you picked up world speed, it'd just be HP5 all over again..

You have no morale and single price packets.. no complaining. :p

mitsche

I agree.

I like the slow speed because it allows me to be lazy, but it discourages anyone to make a serious move because it takes over a month to rebuild a nuke!

DeletedUser

I agree.

I like the slow speed because it allows me to be lazy, but it discourages anyone to make a serious move because it takes over a month to rebuild a nuke!

Nukes are their to die :icon_wink: but yes we all know what you mean :)

DeletedUser86969

i'm VERY bored... feel free to send incoming attacks at me, anyone! please.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree.

And that sounds like .......... SO much fun lol .... which is my point ... the world is sooooo boring .

and Jager shhhhhhh I liked HP 5 this is just like a slow painful version of HP 5. Which also ended with about 5 active people towards the end.

and conan last time I attacked you .... you went crying , complaining :p

<3

DeletedUser86969

o ya? i dont even know you. me cry? no way, i love OD.

DeletedUser

Boring? No way! I love slow speed worlds like this. It calls for much more strategy since it is nearly impossible to launch attacks and take villages from a person overnight unless you are right next door, so the world calls for more skill and planning rather than just timing attacks to hit while a player is offline.

As for trying to change the world to speed it up, I strongly disagree with this. We all knew it would be a VERY slow world when we decided to join. What's the point of joining a world with slow speeds if you are only going to ask to have TW speed them up? I also know I'm not the only one who enjoys these slow speeds, so while speeding the world up may make it more entertaining for you, it will ruin the world for others.

DeletedUser

As much as I appreciate your concern and wanting to make the world a bit more lively and entertaining Lisa, I agree with Jurasu, we all knew the settings when we came here, this subject has already been brought up before and it was shut down. I do agree something needs to be done to make the world a bit more interesting and hopefully we will see something like this happen, but the chances of changing the settings for the world are slim to none.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate your concern and wanting to make the world a bit more lively and entertaining Lisa, I agree with Jurasu, we all knew the settings when we came here, this subject has already been brought up before and it was shut down. I do agree something needs to be done to make the world a bit more interesting and hopefully we will see something like this happen, but the chances of changing the settings for the world are slim to none.

Oh I'm aware the settings are unlikely to change , and as I said they suit me absolutely fine ... but the idea was to prompt discussion , as Jager said if we made the world faster it would end up like HP5 , which had similar settings but faster , both worlds I actually love .. but very few people stick around on them , HP5 ended with less than 5 people very active .

World HP5 everyone got bored eventually , but the round was only a few months long ... and you could achieve things very fast , however w45 is so slow eventually I fear the majority will get bored .. even if you love the settings , if you are playing on a dead world , what is the point ?

Personally I just think we need to figure a way to liven up the world or end it faster . :)

@conan ... I'm changed lol.
<3

Last edited:

DeletedUser

An active world with these speeds would be great for me. But, this world is far from active really.

The first few months of this world were a lot of fun. Now it's kinda like pulling teeth.. Unfortunately, too many people seem to like just nobling inactives and playing sim city these days.

The minute people start losing troops on an opponent they pull back and nurse their precious troops. This can be seen with some of the high ODD players that are still alive.

I think the world will be full of large inactive accounts as soon as W53 opens, I would say 52, but I don't think that will be a popular world for those that remain here.

mitsche

I think the problem is that people have been quitting at about the same rate that people can internalize them. I know personally, it seems like there is only a week between when I need to internalize someone else which distracts me from attacking active players.

It is a vicious cycle, people quit because they are bored with internalizing people. If we could go for a month without any big accounts quitting, it may end the cycle.

And bazhabit, I disagree with you regarding ODD. If you look at the top 11 ODD (which is as far as I am familiar), none of them are still alive because people gave up.

1 Damethian [P-Ctrl]- ODD is streaming in because Omen is constantly attacking him
2 mikepowa- Poor guy is getting killed by One with a relentless attack, and some from Omen I think
3 chanevr [Onoez] - Got his ODD from P-Ctrl hitting him over and over again, lost his cluster near P-Ctrl
4 Default. [One]-Got his ODD from Omen attacking him during the R4KI war until he got recruited by One
5 steinlichtt- TBH, I don't rember exactly where he got his ODD. But I think it came from former SRA hitting him during the R4KI war before he was recruited into One
6 Conan55 [One]- When he quit One, he was hit hard till One re-recruited him
7 Mitsche [Omen]- Got my ODD from AXU attacking me till they died. They did not stop until they had no villages left to attack with
8 Stalker1988 [Omen]- Got is ODD from attacking players who bit back. They fought till he killed them
9 Andarta [HEAT]- Getting hit hard from ONE, do you guys plan on stopping?
10 Spy Kay- Inactive Omen player who we needed to clear. This is how much ODD from players clearing ~50 fully built defensive villages
11 kk88- Turtle that I personally cleared... this is the ODD you get from someone clearing~35 fully built defensive villages

All in all none of these people got their ODD then the attacking player let off, except for possibly steinlict and Default. Although sometimes you need to stop to rebuild, the attacks seem to pick back up again. So far, there have been no top 10 players attacking one another which is where serious ODD would build up

Does this post make any sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am not playing here but I really love the settings in this world. Maybe the best settings ever. Slow, means you can have a life while playing. And the effect 'world speed' have on the time it takes to rebuild a nuke... does it matter at all?
Speed doesn't affect gameplay if you think about it properly. << 'Unit speed modifier' does. 'Speed' only affects activity. Lower speed means you don't have to spend all your life on TW. Which I consider a good thing.

DeletedUser

I agree, but a lot of people don't have the patience for this slow speed, especially in the beginning of the world which is why it is filled with an overwhelming number of barbs. I prefer speed 1, however I enjoy the other settings so it does not bother me that much, I like not having to log on as much as I would have to if this was a speed 2 world for example.

DeletedUser

Overwhelming number of barbs? I don't think so. I think its about average.

Now W27...That was a world overwhelmed with barbs...

DeletedUser

I think the world has filled in a bit, but a few months ago it seemed like there were a lot more. at least from my perspective it appeared that there was.

DeletedUser

personally the world's greatness is greatly unappreciated. people found it's downsides more than its upsides, if there were more people that enjoyed these settings then i bet this world will be tenfolds fun.