Why DNY won this world so early on

DeletedUser

To the people still flaming DNY..

Think, were you there? If not, then review what you're saying, because from my POV as an outsider, you all look like you're just jealous and trying to steal some glory away!
In which case, try directing that to W18, where all glory should indeed be stolen and burned!

And to DNY - well done! I really am, for what its worth, insanely impressed!! :)

DeletedUser67005

In which case, try directing that to W18, where all glory should indeed be stolen and burned!

I don't like the idea of a family winning a world either, but are you trying to say all of W18 was noob?

What you should have said was, direct that to ApocBA.

DeletedUser

For starters DNY Never Beat FEMA

I disbanded FEMA as a trade to get into dny something i wanted before i ever got into FEMA and had to trade my soul to get control of FEMA and then used it to get into DNY stayed in DNY gained 2mil in points and such and then quit when i literally owned k96 enough said

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

I disbanded FEMA as a trade to get into dny something i wanted before i ever got into FEMA and had to trade my soul to get control of FEMA and then used it to get into DNY stayed in DNY gained 2mil in points and such and then quit when i literally owned k96 enough said

I think you overestimate your influence on the FEMA-DNY war.

DeletedUser

DNY wasn't all that good. I see how the old DNY players play on new servers, and their performance is less than satisfactory, so I wouldn't be surprised if DNY did hug to get where they did. Not saying that for ALL ex- DNY players, but a good amount really are no more than average. As for winning, you still gotta noble the villages. DNY did such, and that's why they won, so you cannot negate that. If they didn't deserve to win the world, they wouldn't have.

Winning is winning. They may not be the best of the best players, but they ended up with all the villages, and they get the victory. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
DNY wasn't all that good. I see how the old DNY players play on new servers, and their performance is less than satisfactory, so I wouldn't be surprised if DNY did hug to get where they did. Not saying that for ALL ex- DNY players, but a good amount really are no more than average. As for winning, you still gotta noble the villages. DNY did such, and that's why they won, so you cannot negate that. If they didn't deserve to win the world, they wouldn't have.

Winning is winning. They may not be the best of the best players, but they ended up with all the villages, and they get the victory. Simple as that.

Who are you to say we weren't "all that good"? Not only has DNY dominated this world since DNY was formed (it didn't simply "end with the remaining villages; it conquered all opposition to make it happen), many of it's players have gone onto dominate newer worlds. Regardless of your opinion on old DNY players in newer worlds, this cannot possibly take away from DNY as a w12 tribe. However, I would be interested to hear about unsatisfactory performances and I may be inclined to agree with you. All tribes have average players. But the core of DNY was amazing and that was the driving force behind it; and those players were what defined DNY - as good. Being a DNY player myself, I know that a good amount were not just average, and I refute that statement you've made. Without the leaders, such as Rednecks and the active, great players, DNY may have well fallen to inactivity and failed to complete the target it set out for, and it's these dedicated contributions that made DNY such a successful and therefore "good" tribe. A tribe that dominates it's world, and is the first to do so cannot, in my opinion, be justified as simply average, because a some players might not have been very good at TW at some point time in newer servers.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Who are you and what planet did you come from?

DNY did beat FEMA and anything FEMA could do to stop it no one was willing to do...well almost no one.

I knew what needed to be done. I saw the problems of the tribe and did everything I could to convince people otherwise. But convincing people they are wrong is not easy, especially since I blew up on the DNY-FEMA alliance forum and lost my leadership privs in FEMA.

The war could have been won by FEMA if FEMA had done a number of things. I won't mention all of them because they are all over the forums. DNY players, particularly Rednecks continued to post ideas that were intended to help bring out the best in FEMA.

DNY wanted to dominate the world and have fun while doing it. They wanted competition, they wanted a war in which they were unsure of what the outcome would be. That is what I gathered from all of the posts.

In addition to the hints some DNY players gave, the world history was up for all to see. All FEMA had to do was look and see how DNY won wars then adopt that strategy. But as I said, no one except myself was gutsy enough to do what needed to be done.

Instead, I was questioned. Who was I to know what needed to be done? Why would I know? I'm just a two million point player with little experience. Or my favorite, I was doing nothing in the war. It was laughable. I was the only one doing something worthwhile. I was the only one with enough balls to attempt to noble three of chully's villages in the core of DNY. It was distasteful and had I not loved world 12 so much I would have quit earlier. Some of the FEMA reactions towards me drove me to quit, but in the end it truly was real life.

Some got it into their heads I would join DNY. Before I quit I was going to do just that and had actually mailed Faaaaark about an invite. Had things been different I would have probably deleted and gotten the keys to a much larger account. My defection would have happened not because we were going to lose, not to save myself from being rimmed, but because no one was listening to anything I had to say, or if they were I would be accused of being a DNY lover or supporter.

I suppose some of this should really be posted in a different thread, but at this point who cares? The overall point I'm trying to make here is I was among the few people in FEMA, if not the only one, who knew exactly what to do in order to even stand a chance in the war. And I was flamed badly for it.

FEMA didn't really win in the war. FEMA was crippled from the start. When I deleted FEMA lost all chance they had, even though the chance was very minimal, to turn the war around.

Again I ask who are you? You must have been among the failure tribes of the southeast. The southeast was never a significant portion of the world, and players there lacked any significant standing. I have no clue how someone like you got to become duke of FEMA, but I'm sure by that point FEMA was dead anyway.

Last edited:

slinkiestwizard

geez and when i wanted to hit DNY s core i couldnt get any fema to do it, spoke with TMS about it many times in that chat . Simple stuff like that wasnt even done with BSW and Fema against DNY. There was no need to disband Fema they were a shell anyway

DeletedUser

The biggest blow to FEMA and i give DNY full credit for was the dethroning of Scotlandbound and the taking of 2/3rds of the Barons that fled to DNY i guess my point was FEMA was a fair fight for DNY when it was whole, I respect and enjoyed being in DNY and its leadership was fa-nominal and would not have traded my experiences in either tribe. World 12 was the greatest world i have played although seems Tribalwars has made a similar world in World 53 that i am now enjoying playing.
The squabbles over who was the Greatest DNY after all won the world hand down and was a great organized tribe although there was some fall out in leadership towards the last 6 months or so that left me with no choice but to call it good at being #1 in k96.
I would like to say Thanks to DNY for allowing me in and i learned alot in the 6 or 7 months i was there. hope to see some of you around the other worlds.
I would also say Scotlandbound was and outright stand up player and i really was sad the day he laid down his sword and quit. Had he stayed who knows I would have stood by him.
The psychological war fare lead by DNY against FEMA was the undoing ultimately of FEMA and a brilliant show of smarts for this game.
Thanks to all of the great people i met in both tribes as it made Tribalwars a fun game to play and something to look forward to every day.
Sincerely Justice111

DeletedUser

Hey and to all you think your specials i played world 12 for 3 years was over 10 mil points and 1050 villages i was a major force in k96 and such had good battles with sam de gangsta and noshyza i did my part for the world and my area

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Heh, slink you should have paid attention then. I made what I was doing well known to the public. I didn't specify which villages of course, but keeping it a secret wouldn't have mattered as DNY would have known anyway thanks to the spies.

@ Justice

I'm still doubting you very much with your frequent tribal changes (all 33 of them.) It seems that you went from tribe to tribe and avoided the wrath of DNY whenever you could, only to join them later.

I seriously highly doubt you were tested to your fullest ability. In fact there are some players who I seriously wonder how in the world they got into DNY. The person who at the end of the world had control of my very first village is one of them, and you. I wonder, what would have happened if you hadn't disbanded FEMA? You appear to be a refugee from several DNY wars, and it appears you escaped their wrath by joining FEMA.

Part of me thinks that at the end, DNY got lax on their recruiting and accepted those who wouldn't normally be accepted to further accelerate the end of the world. I don't know for sure, it is only a hypothesis, but I seriously wonder and scratch my head at how the person who owns my first village ever got into DNY.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

I felt your pain. In the end I left too and had a short fight with them up until the end of my Easter holidays. Even had a ceasefire with them at that point :lol:. I still find the idea of a tribe giving a single player a ceasefire funny as hell. It's not like the players I was fighting were contributing to the war - all of them had full villages. That was FEMA's problem - lack of participation.

Part of me thinks that at the end, DNY got lax on their recruiting and accepted those who wouldn't normally be accepted to further accelerate the end of the world. I don't know for sure, it is only a hypothesis, but I seriously wonder and scratch my head at how the person who owns my first village ever got into DNY.

Hit the nail on the head - they standards towards the end to get in were nowhere near what they were. By the end of the war, they needed the fresh blood and swathes of DNY had quit due to boredom.

DeletedUser

For one every former DNY player carries a target on them on any new server they play. But former DNY players have dominated other servers, W41 and W50 come to mind. There are also other former DNY players that are just starting on new servers that are quickly finding out how much the game has changed since they started W12. Back when we started W12 we did not have all these scripts that make the game easier today and most quit farming after a handful of villages since our barbs did not grow. Anybody that played these old worlds will tell you the game has changed significantly.

I seriously highly doubt you were tested to your fullest ability. In fact there are some players who I seriously wonder how in the world they got into DNY. The person who at the end of the world had control of my very first village is one of them, and you. I wonder, what would have happened if you hadn't disbanded FEMA? You appear to be a refugee from several DNY wars, and it appears you escaped their wrath by joining FEMA.

After the other tribes were defeated the game changed to a cleanup operation and so did our recruiting strategy. Most of the best fighters in DNY quit and moved on to other worlds as they were not interested in the cleanup operation. So instead of looking for fighters we recruited those that were interested in nobling active players and leave the barbs alone. So the criteria to get into DNY did change at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesseiam2

I have never played W12, I dont know anyone on W12 or anyone who ever played W12. So take my comments as you would like. I am a casual observer who took a look after the fact. Why did DNY win the world so fast? So many answers given, some flames by the jealous, some legit by the actual players, some outside observations. The better question is does it matter? The point of the game is world domination. Take over the world. DNY found a way to do it with a combination of brute force, smooth diplomacy, intelligent recruiting, and strategic planning. There is no one way to win. There are many. As the history of TW is written, all that matters is the DNY won and did it first. Did they figure out how to do it best? That is still to be determined.

Its very amusing that those who failed are trying to pick apart those who won. History is written by the winners. DNY, you won. Congrats to you and I bow before your might, as all should, because we all strive to be what you already are. Winners.

DeletedUser

I agree with the above. This game is long and tedious, and there are worlds out there that will probably drag on for many years to come. Regardless of how they did it, DNY accomplished something no other tribe has yet been able to do. Great job guys! :)

slinkiestwizard

Heh, slink you should have paid attention then. I made what I was doing well known to the public. I didn't specify which villages of course, but keeping it a secret wouldn't have mattered as DNY would have known anyway thanks to the spies.

I didnt have to pay much attention i knew which villages were empty and it was all verified later .It was actually a blessing in disguise.may have prolonged w 12
:lol:

DeletedUser

So you're basically saying you're a disloyal coward who sticked around long enough to finally get into DNY?
Congrats - well done. Whatever remnant of FEMA you got into your hands was beaten, trampled and ripped apart by decent players who could own your ass anytime.

the fact YOU became duke of it says more than anything. You, mister, were a walkover. Anyone who launched on you basically took what he wanted. Then you come onhere boasting about something that is no achievement whatsoever? :icon_redface: Shame on you & crawl back under your rock.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It's funny how you look and see the people who were in DNY near the very beginning and those who were there at the end.

You see those who were there at the end have remarkably high tribe changes. The most I had ever seen pre DNY-FEMA war was around 20. Now I'm looking at close to 50 tribe changes. Back in the day, these people would have been considered a tribe hopper and among those deserving to be rimmed continuously.

So the fact that you, jes, reached that number of points and got into DNY is irrelevant. You were simply someone active in a dead world.