Why do so many children play this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muldie325

Contributing Poster
There is a version of Kung Fu Chess called Bughouse/crazyhouse where when you take an opponents piece your partner (4 player) or you get to use the piece as your own. Thats a zero sum game is it not?

Erik Schubert

There is a version of Kung Fu Chess called Bughouse/crazyhouse where when you take an opponents piece your partner (4 player) or you get to use the piece as your own. Thats a zero sum game is it not?
Yes. As long as there is no option to remove the piece from play.

Erik Schubert

To give a really easy example:

If, when a goal was scored in soccer (or football for the Europeans) the team that was scored on received -1 point it would be a zero sum game. Scores would be 3 - -3 instead of 3 - 0 or 5 - -5 instead of 5 - 0 etc.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Yeah, thanks for the better explanation. I understand it a little better now. Full understanding will only come in time :)

It's discussions like this that are far more worthwhile than reading gibberish that people type like: "OH NUUUZZZ mi bzt fnd gt dmpt whut shd I do?" (shoot that hurt my eyes to write it that way...)

mattcurr

Part of the Furniture
Yeah, thanks for the better explanation. I understand it a little better now. Full understanding will only come in time :)

It's discussions like this that are far more worthwhile than reading gibberish that people type like: "OH NUUUZZZ mi bzt fnd gt dmpt whut shd I do?" (shoot that hurt my eyes to write it that way...)
Seriously with T-9, normal, highschoolers dont type like that anymore.

corky_124

rofl...sad? i been playing since 2006...near august time, i was 14 when i started. I wasn't immature, i was a decent player. Grow up yourself, it's the real world, not a computer game...it's real life players, if younger people want to play stop complaining.

The Block button is there for a reason

Missy Dark Kitty

yes its been reduced to that.

kids can occasionally be annoying - but i work with a lot of really mature and bright kids - so i really don't mind what the age group is that play this game or any other - at the end of the day Erik there is no use complaining about it, all you did was make yourself a flame target for the teenagers you insulted.

P.S i love how you make it sound like you need to partake in a war to experience the true horrors of life and mature in that way - making out that you are more mature because of what you have seen over in Iraq.

whitemocha

The internet is full of kids and teenagers. Live with it.
True, I am 13 and I still don't even know why the hell I like this game so mucj, oh well :lol:

The thing I am weirded out by is the amount of people over 25 and 30 who play this game

jsawyer

i'm 13, got ADHD and i love this game dude.
one of the main reasons is because of the time it takes. It dosn't go super fast so it fits in with school days. i got high during holiday from low and now timing fits perfectly!

alot of my friends play it too. We're not all bothered about graphical games, i'm morely interested in tactical fighting games just like my friends.

Erik Schubert

I missed when he said that.

I've been to both Iraq and Afghanistan, and i can tell you, it doesn't make you better nor worse than anyone else. And the stuff that kicked off in Iraq the last 3 years was nothing major, in most parts it is just peace keeping now. A poverty and abused civilians posted.
You learn a lot more about yourself after you've been shot at. I'm sure you could agree on that. I was in OIF2 in 2004 when the insurgency really got going.

ToPaT

The Mudkip
I've got one thing to say to this whole you about this whole thread.

Here goes.

No u.

17/m/UK - ToPaT

Alot of /b/tards play this game and they use memes (phrases people say over and over again. Such as; So i herd u liek mudkipz??) You should actually give the guys who speak like that credit as they actually have to spell it wrongly correctly. So theres a correct way to spelling it wrong.

That is where alot of the "txt langauge" comes from it's not actually text language it's just geek talk. =|

Heres another meme for you. "SO I HERD U LIEK MISSINGNO? SO I LEFT INFINITE RARECANDIES IN UR GLOVE BOX"

It's not as commonly known but it still gives me t3h lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.