Why do you post?

DeletedUser

Nope - I hate the petty insults and vengeful hate.

... and the wingeing and whining.

... and the bitterness

... and the lack of graciousness in defeat

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser67005

Hate's such a strong word. Perhaps you merely dislike?

I for one am not bitter, just having some fun.

As if Apoc would have died graciously... And before you attempt to tell me otherwise... You wouldn't... ;)

DeletedUser

I'm not sure. Some of the insinuation defintely seems closer to hate rather than dislike. Pehaps I'm being overly sensitive.

I would hope that Apoc would not die graciously. But once dead I would hope we would accept our defeat with grace. Of course when/if we win I hope we will be magnanimous with respect to praising our foes. I have made no secret of my admiration for MM in the past. I simply don't understand why some of their number feel that they can only gain respect by undermining the achievements of others. Oh well, it's a funny old world.

DeletedUser

Peter, you are having a coronary over us posting in a forum where we played for just over 2 years. Is that supposed to be a part of your ingame persona?

PS Hi back Assasin :)

Still can't find an answer to the question yet?

This exchange actually reminds me of your "negotiating skills" in-game. For folks who might be interested - if you can see how Bella refuses to stay on point, then you can see why I disparage her diplomatic efforts.

No coronary here, either Bella. No such luck. My use of caps was... for comedic purpose. I guess if I had mentioned cookies, fake parties, or bunnies, then you might have understood the humor?

DeletedUser

And on Andy's point...
I have always treated opposing tribes with the respect they deserve. The members and leaders of T~S, WW, & GoC deserved respect. This is what is so ... strikingly bitter... about your posts and attitude, Bella. You did not have to quit - yet you did. Then you return here to explain how your action had nothing to do with anything your opponents ever did.
You mock the people who continue to play (saying they are wasting their lives away)... while ignoring the fact that you played this game for 2 years, as well.

In essence... you've shown very little class in your exit from World 18. The real irony here is that the memory of MM will most-likely be shaped by your posts now then by the tribe's actual achievements.

Simply put, you are ruining the reputation that MM had. It was a tribe I had a lot of respect for. Now? Not so much. But who cares, right? It's just my opinion... and you don't care what other people think.

DeletedUser67005

More or less, no one cares what UA thinks...

Besides, Bella complimented UA before. I believe it was CottonClown? Among others as well, but its not my business. Compliments went out to those thought to deserve them... ;)

DeletedUser

Besides, Bella complimented UA before. I believe it was CottonClown? Among others as well, but its not my business. Compliments went out to those thought to deserve them... ;)

No one is seeking compliments. Try again.

More or less, no one cares what UA thinks...

Then.... to stay on topic.... why do you post here? You don't care what Apoc and BA people think.

DeletedUser67005

Indeed, I don't... I care about what I think, and I think I'm having fun right now... :)

Why say "Apoc and BA people"? UA is so much easier...

Are you hinting you want me to leave?... :D

DeletedUser

I'm not sure. Some of the insinuation definitely seems closer to hate rather mere dislike. I guess I'm surprised at the level of personal abuse/insult that has been written. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive.

I would hope that Apoc would not die graciously. But once dead I would hope we would accept our defeat with grace. Of course when/if we win I hope we will be magnanimous with respect to praising our foes. I have made no secret of my admiration for MM in the past. I simply don't understand why some of their number feel that they can only gain respect by undermining the achievements of others. Oh well, it's a funny old world.

I don't recall where I have insulted you personally except for when you not so graciously refused to acknowledge and update our milestone and I called you a bully. I don't actually hate anyone, not even in RL (I feel it's such a negative and draining feeling) so I doubt I would hate an online game name that I have never met. So yes, you are being too sensitive.

As for my posts regarding Apoc, I have never made it a secret how little I thought of your game tactics. Whenever it was brought up in the UA chat, I always said the same thing - I think your mass recruiting was cowardly and not in the spirit of this game. The only idea that sparked my interest was the concept of 1 super tribe. If you had of done that, whether you had won or lost, I would have then had something to admire.

Why do you think people admired -MM- and even Gkan before that? We didn't play to win, we actually played this game in style. We had fun but at the same time displayed skills and achieved milestones that you know nothing about. Nobody that fought on this world will ever consider your recruitment tactics as a great and worthy achievement but we do certainly acknowledge it.

Btw, it's not like I have never complimented someone in an enemy tribe. I always made a point to write to someone that launched an exceptional attack or op on me or ones that defended like little fiends. Which of those did you guys do?

DeletedUser

Still can't find an answer to the question yet?

This exchange actually reminds me of your "negotiating skills" in-game. For folks who might be interested - if you can see how Bella refuses to stay on point, then you can see why I disparage her diplomatic efforts.

No coronary here, either Bella. No such luck. My use of caps was... for comedic purpose. I guess if I had mentioned cookies, fake parties, or bunnies, then you might have understood the humor?

Peter, you will never get it, but that's fine.

I showed respect to leaders who earned it and I got to know a lot of people in all tribes, even in ApocBA. Giving my opinion on something does not equate with respect or lack thereof. You made your choices - you don't need my approval. Or do you? ;)

All my negotiating with other tribes, and even with Cotten (your co-duke), was quick and easy with everyone except for yourself. Maybe that reflects on you rather then on me.

DeletedUser

I don't recall where I have insulted you personally except for when you not so graciously refused to acknowledge and update our milestone and I called you a bully. I don't actually hate anyone, not even in RL (I feel it's such a negative and draining feeling) so I doubt I would hate an online game name that I have never met. So yes, you are being too sensitive.
Good :)
As for my posts regarding Apoc, I have never made it a secret how little I thought of your game tactics. Whenever it was brought up in the UA chat, I always said the same thing - I think your mass recruiting was cowardly and not in the spirit of this game.
We are no more or less guilty of recruiting then any other tribe (that's how tribes are formed). If we "mass recruited" it was in the form of tribes i.e. through diplomacy. If you find that tactic abhorrent then fine. Unfortunately I think you are missing a very important piece of the jigsaw and it is that very piece that has enabled Apoc and BA to prevail over MM and its (some time) allies.

Bottom line: The founding tribes of the UA have been able (with a couple of notable exceptions) to make promises to other tribes and stick to them (despite a lot of disparaging commentary on this forum). This was so successful that the initial (many) tribes have long considered themselves brothers in arms, allowing free transfer of players between each other and continuous consolidation down to the (soon to be) 2 Apoc tribes + 1 BA.

Clearly you don't get it. That's OK. You have your approach to the game, I have mine. You hate mine. I think yours is only half the story. My approach, on this occasion, has prevailed. That has been due, in no small part, to the energetic efforts of the leadership to make it work. If you can't respect anything else, you should respect that.

The only idea that sparked my interest was the concept of 1 super tribe. If you had of done that, whether you had won or lost, I would have then had something to admire.
It's coming if I get my way - and I generally do ;-)

Why do you think people admired -MM- and even Gkan before that? We didn't play to win, we actually played this game in style. We had fun but at the same time displayed skills and achieved milestones that you know nothing about.
I have to say, as an outsider, I don't admire MM because it was a "fun" tribe. I admired it because it comprised a number of very effective players and, for a long time, was an incredibly effective fighting unit. Enough said.

On the "fun" front, I think (outside Apoc of course!) Legion probably had some of the most charismatic (not to mention eccentric) players on the server i.e. if there was a prize for fun, it would be Legion, not MM, that would get it.
Nobody that fought on this world will ever consider your recruitment tactics as a great and worthy achievement but we do certainly acknowledge it.
I'm not sure what that means. You acknowledge it as in it was effective or simply that it happened? I will assume the former, in which case you've come a long way to responding positively to my earlier point.
Btw, it's not like I have never complimented someone in an enemy tribe. I always made a point to write to someone that launched an exceptional attack or op on me or ones that defended like little fiends. Which of those did you guys do?
See Bella, you could have left the last sentence off and emerged as a lot more rounded person. The last sentence just makes you sound bitter, resentful and mean :-(

DeletedUser

I know that every tribe has recruited - that's normal. The thing that is not normal is you recruiting as much of a tribe as you could so that you could gain the territory. It got so out of hand that you were called Apoc Alphabet. You had like a thousand members at least!

You are proud that you are working towards 3 tribes at this stage of the game when there are barely any other active enemies left. Maybe you are missing the meaning of a Super Tribe but that means the best of the best playing against the rest of the world. This concept was discussed over a year ago. It is way too late to do anything like that now. You can't be the best of the best when your competitors are either dead or grey.

Your assumption was wrong btw. I simply acknowledge that you used those tactics. I don't respect nor admire you for using them but that is just my opinion. Like you said, we play the game differently. I understood Tribal Wars to mean fighting other live players/tribes.

In regards to my complimenting a job well done, how does that make me bitter and resentful and mean?

DeletedUser

Sooo... you keep posting here because you don't think people know how much you hate Apoc's recruitment strategy?

DeletedUser67005

Keep thinking that if you want, Peter...:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I know that every tribe has recruited - that's normal. The thing that is not normal is you recruiting as much of a tribe as you could so that you could gain the territory. It got so out of hand that you were called Apoc Alphabet. You had like a thousand members at least!
At our largest we were:
Main tribes: Apoc-C, Apoc-D, Apoc-F, Apoc-N (although -N has rarely been at near full strength)
Other tribes: Apoc-R, Apoc-H (-H being the inactives)

I believe INF (A *part* of MIM) had more tribes in its day.

Anyway, regardless of glasshouses, I suspect that if you count the above and assume maximum members (which we have never had) I think you come a long way short of 1000 members. I find the devil is in the detail. You clearly have never even looked for that particular devil.
Maybe you are missing the meaning of a Super Tribe but that means the best of the best playing against the rest of the world.
I would have thought, if you wanted a good challenge, the best should be split between at least two sides. However I think I can say that we have the best of the best and that has been the case for a long time. Feel free to check out the milestones thread (vills, points and ODA) which have only suffered a couple of minor incursions from outside Apoc for a loooong time.
It is way too late to do anything like that now. You can't be the best of the best when your competitors are either dead or grey.
We were the best before our competition took the courageous decision to quit. Their departure has only secured our position, not undermine it.
Your assumption was wrong btw. I simply acknowledge that you used those tactics.
Wow! I guess that's a step forward that you can acknowledge the obvious. There may be hope.
I understood Tribal Wars to mean fighting other live players/tribes.
Actually I think the meaning of "Tribal Wars" is sort of given away by the title. If you wish to use inactives as your meatshields (I know you like the concept) then that is your choice. If the leaders have a role it is to manage a group of players to achieve tribal goals. I can only surmise that if you were carrying players then it suited your goals. If not, why carry them?
In regards to my complimenting a job well done, how does that make me bitter and resentful and mean?
The LAST sentence.

DeletedUser

Keep thinking that if you want, Peter...:icon_rolleyes:

Oh, I have a pretty good idea of why you and Bella continue to post here. And it's not because you two hate Apoc's recruiting strategy.

As I said in the original post -- I'm honestly curious to hear your reasons.
However, it appears that neither of you possess the self-awareness to know why you post. Either that, or you refuse to answer the question. This refusal leads to me to believe you are afraid what others might think about your reasons... and would prove contradictory to your statements that you DON'T care what other people think.

I'm not sure which you'd prefer to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser67005

You think I'm scared of what UA might think of me? For real? I've a pretty good idea what you guys already think of me, and I think you know what I think of UA... ;)

I'm pretty sure that I in fact don't care what they think of me. But of course, you seem to know more about me than I do, Peter. Tell me about my life... :)

I'm sure Bella feels the same way... With minor differences on her part, perhaps...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

At our largest we were:
Main tribes: Apoc-C, Apoc-D, Apoc-F, Apoc-N (although -N has rarely been at near full strength)
Other tribes: Apoc-R, Apoc-H (-H being the inactives)

I believe INF (A *part* of MIM) had more tribes in its day.

Anyway, regardless of glasshouses, I suspect that if you count the above and assume maximum members (which we have never had) I think you come a long way short of 1000 members. I find the devil is in the detail. You clearly have never even looked for that particular devil.

Or perhaps you are the one that never looked at this particular devil? Is your memory so short? Your calculating skills so poor?
Firstly you forgot Apoc-W, so to begin that is 7 tribes from Apocalypse alone, Include BA as they are a part of the alliance and that is 4 more. This makes 11 tribes during the apocalypse time. This is AFTER The UA, which was comprised of over 20 tribes and was indeed over 1000 members

The breakdown as follows.

TWA- 9 tribes
RKN- 7 tribes
DS- 3 tribes
DVA- 2 tribes
BA- 2-4 tribes (Forgive me but I was unable to find the number of tribes that BA had during the peak of the UA, I only know that it was at least 2)

This makes between 23 and 25 tribes

It amazes me how often you run your mouth Andrew, considering how often you are wrong.