why do you think infamy lost the final battle

DeletedUser

When you learn to read what I write you will realize just how dumb some things you come out with are.

I didn't give you a "he was short on time" story. If you read what is there in front of you, you may notice this:

"Sad to see PsychoSmurf didn't get the world win he had put so much time in to this world to achieve."

I am not saying that Infamy leadership had no faults, far from it. I was merely making a point that each individual in a tribe has to carry some of the blame for the tribe's failures. A leadership can only do so much before it can no longer function effectively due to the member-base. Both leadership members and every individual in a tribe impacts on this, as there is no point in even attempting to lead when you have people who won't commit.

As for the suggestion of "help or get out", from what I've heard the situation was dire in terms of the numbers of people sitting on their bums. It's a very ineffective threat when you're risking having to kick dozens of accounts to back up your threat.

I don't think it's fair to blame a leadership either, particularly late game.

^^ i read that quite clearly thanks very much and responded to it, if you remember what you wrote you wouldnt look so stupid like you do now lol

and again i repeat leadership are to blame as they recruited there members so in the end its there fault for recruitin such poor players who cant work as a team

though it seems knock are getting the best out of there recruits so....its hard to argue that its not leadership huh

edit: question for ya OLS, you say he put so much time into this world, where was it in this war? what was he doing if he wasnt making the effort to get to a frontline and expand.

all i see here is you tryin to brown nose pyscho....he a friend of yours? must be as pyscho has done nuthin...yet you say hes put so much time into the world....so i wana know wat he did with that time

2nd edit: he still kicking people as he dont trust them tho he doesnt realise knocks doors are now shut as we got who we wanted

funny how those people are showing sum loyalty an get treated huh

maybe stop brown nosin ur friends OLS like u always do and open ur eyes for once

Last edited by a moderator:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
^^ i read that quite clearly thanks very much and responded to it, if you remember what you wrote you wouldnt look so stupid like you do now lol

You are entitled to your own opinion on leadership, and I won't argue against your opinion as that is just what it is. An opinion.

In regards to my point, I don't look stupid at all. You do, because you are completely missing the point. You responded to me (the part I quoted anyhow as I had no intention of arguing opinions with you as we're both stubborn in that regard) by taking what I said, changing the meaning to be the exact opposite, and then used that as an argument against me.

1. I stated quite clearly that Psychosmurf put a lot of time in to W57.
"he had put so much time in to this world"
2. You then claimed I was saying he didn't have time for W57 and started arguing that he did have time for W57.
"and dont give me the he was short on time story as when he faked he faked about 10 players at a time sending 500 to each"
If you had read my comment properly you would see I'd actually said the same thing you were arguing in that sense myself.
see quote 1
So yeah, you didn't read what I said as you seem to think I was arguing that he had no time, which I said the complete opposite of.

I won't post again on this thread regarding my views on who was responsible for Infamy failing as everybody is entitled to your own opinion & I don't expect everybody to agree with me. I will only post to defend myself again if you continue to attempt to put lies back in to my mouth.

Markvss - the above is a response to you too, you can claim I'm ignorant but all I replied to of wfman's post is the part of his post where he made out I said something which I did NOT say. I am not, was not and never have been in Infamy. I haven't even played ingame on W57 for a year - I am merely a casual observer.

I have no interest in a flame-fest as I have better things to do with my time, such as my own world win on W62 to finish off. Congratulations again on your future world win.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You are entitled to your own opinion on leadership, and I won't argue against your opinion as that is just what it is. An opinion.

from the progress the infamy recruits are making and from the improvement on stats basically doubling (daily stats btw/the avg) i think its a fair assessment to say im pretty spot on that leadership was the problem

more kato then pyscho obviously, all you have to do is ask our infamy recruits or the ex infamy members who are tribeless or in lazy

In regards to my point, I don't look stupid at all. You do, because you are completely missing the point. You responded to me (the part I quoted anyhow as I had no intention of arguing opinions with you as we're both stubborn in that regard) by taking what I said, changing the meaning to be the exact opposite, and then used that as an argument against me.

well considering mark has already pointed out the fact u were wrong in ur 1st response to me so clearly im not the only person who thinks this...

1. I stated quite clearly that Psychosmurf put a lot of time in to W57.
"he had put so much time in to this world"

im still asking what he did with that time yet you avoid answering this...

2. You then claimed I was saying he didn't have time for W57 and started arguing that he did have time for W57.
"and dont give me the he was short on time story as when he faked he faked about 10 players at a time sending 500 to each"
If you had read my comment properly you would see I'd actually said the same thing you were arguing in that sense myself.
see quote 1ove is a response to you too, you can claim I'm ignorant but all I replied to of wfman's post is the part of his post where he made out I said something which I did NOT say. I am not, was not and never have been in Infamy. I haven't even played ingame on W57 for a year - I am merely a casual observer.

i didnt claim at all, i was just sayin for future arguments sake so u cudnt use it but u r still yet to tell me what he did with his time...

i didnt imply u were in infamy....

and ur not an observer, your a forum warrior (bad one at that but then again ur better at this then u r ingame)

forever tryin to fight the corner of knocks enemy dukes lol so sad an pathetic

edit: unless you actually say what pyscho has done with his time you know ur just being biast towards what i wud have to assume is a friend and makin uneducated speculated observations

tho thats the usual OLS that we all know

DeletedUser7488

I am not, was not and never have been in Infamy. I haven't even played ingame on W57 for a year - I am merely a casual observer.

Thus, you should just shut your trap and not put your two cents in and continue to "observe"

Thanks,
Josh

DeletedUser

Hawaiian was part of infamy leadership and he has no problem taking blame as shown in his latest post. See even some of the infamy leadership are taking blame

DeletedUser

I would honestly put this directly on the players and completely ignore the leadership aspect. Having been both part leadership and player and seeing how things were tried, and having been a part of world-winning tribe leadership on a couple worlds it really does just come down to the players. Googs had it right on that it takes the players will to play to make any impact. The best caps on either side were coming from individuals playing the game. This war hasn't been won by ops, but players or lack there of in this case.

I was amazed at the calls for support from some accounts barely getting hit and suddenly more active because Knock hit them while refusing support on villages of mine that probably should have had it because it wasn't 100% necessary.

I also agree with I think it was wfman, the skill set in Infamy wasn't good enough. Attacks weren't individually well-timed, defending was atrocious, everything you can't have at the end.

Everyone at the end of a world wants to log in and get their free premmy for winning, but you have to finish and Infamy players didn't want to. I would bet anyone in the leadership position would have failed this tribe. If no one is following, you aren't a leader. One of the greatest challenges of endgame is keeping the interest, somehow motivating players to stay active when attacks get very time-consuming, and you can no longer threaten to kick a player as that would be an even greater loss to the tribe and morale. I think that final motivation comes completely from the player themself and in my experience there is little else you can do but hope your players are up for it.

Unless of course you want to sit all their accounts and do everything yourself. And to hell with that
:icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but can you sit there and say kato wasnt a factor in u losing? members or ex members said he had support in safe vills just so he wudnt get catted not to mention his abuse towards other players, that really hurts peoples morale and makes them more likely to giv you the finger when callin for help

or seeing that pyscho 1 of the co dukes doesnt make much of an effort to get to a frontline, instead sits there n internals

why is it acceptable for him to do that and not others?

or again kato losing 10% of his vills, the only vills that are frontline and then quitting cus of it...

to say its all on the players is wrong when your own dukes cant perform well at the game

if u disagree with this then you clearly biast towards ur friends

DeletedUser

I would honestly put this directly on the players and completely ignore the leadership aspect. Having been both part leadership and player and seeing how things were tried, and having been a part of world-winning tribe leadership on a couple worlds it really does just come down to the players.

That's exactly the problem - the leadership of infamy just assumed everyone should already know what to do, and therefore didn't lead anyone... You've been a "part of leadership" on winning worlds, but based on this comment, you've never actually done much of the leading, just inserted opinions from time to time perhaps?

I was amazed at the calls for support from some accounts barely getting hit and suddenly more active because Knock hit them while refusing support on villages of mine that probably should have had it because it wasn't 100% necessary.

It is a duty of leadership to get a global picture of the immediate and long-term needs of the tribe, and direct the support.

I also agree with I think it was wfman, the skill set in Infamy wasn't good enough. Attacks weren't individually well-timed, defending was atrocious, everything you can't have at the end.

The skill set was plenty good, just lacked direction/purpose... wonder where they could have found some of that??? (Leadership comes to mind). If there is any doubt on that, just look at what the people who left Infamy for Knock! have done since they got here, go turn the Ennoblement Winners bar up to 28 days, and see who's "not-skilled"

I would bet anyone in the leadership position would have failed this tribe. If no one is following, you aren't a leader.

I bet you're wrong. To lose this war in 6 months with the players/position you had at the start is dismal, and the reasons start from the top, not the bottom... we have our own do-nothing crew, but with gentle (and sometimes not so gentle) prodding, they were made useful to some degree...

One of the greatest challenges of endgame is keeping the interest, somehow motivating players to stay active when attacks get very time-consuming, and you can no longer threaten to kick a player as that would be an even greater loss to the tribe and morale. I think that final motivation comes completely from the player themself and in my experience there is little else you can do but hope your players are up for it.

This is by far the biggest challenge of them all. BUT, there is a LOT a leader can do to retain the interest of their tribe. Taking massive amounts of internals, paranoia and blame, are not high on the menu though. Again, good leadership breeds success, which in turn results in interest and longevity.

Unless of course you want to sit all their accounts and do everything yourself. And to hell with that

Well... that's part of being a leader too

So, I still maintain that the problems started at the top. I have lead a tribe to victory, I know what it takes, I know how tedious it can be, but I also know how important it was to keep focus to where it was needed...

Good leadership can make it EASY for even the worst players in the game to succeed, and when you motivate the non-elite to rise up, and figure out how to make it fun/easy, they will continue to log in. But someone needs to do it, and that someone is called a leader, and that's what was lacking.

pur3 m4g1ck

I feel that infamy feel apart because leaders started to slack on inactives and showed no respect for the players fighting in the war. There was a lot of players doing nothing (not even supporting). At the start of the war there was almost 70% of the actives helping but as the war went on more and more people stopped supporting each other which caused people to get angry and fight each other.

The problem came up often but PsychoSmurf would always say that nothing could be done about it and that he could not force players to help which caused katooden to get angry and my self to also lose respect for PsychoSmurf and post a few things in the forum (shortly the 10 villages of support I had been given in this war was pulled) people replied saying I was doing nothing in the war and that I had never attacked Knock! which is when I left the tribe.

Anyway in the end I feel that Infamy feel apart because PsychoSmurf was to bothered about keeping the points and staying 1st.

I'm sorry, you deserve zero right to even speak on behalf of anyone in Infamy, or this world. You were garbage, never listened to your dukes when Infamy and Knock were allied, and you didn't do a thing in the war. You had tribe mates hate you the entire time. One major problem with Infamy was players like you.

Knock was a vicious pitbull. The leadership swapped out numerous times and there were leaders to step up and take the place of those who couldn't be there. The players who went inactive, were replace by players who could handle it. WE also had the MVP of the world with Dan.

Infamy lost because they couldn't win. Knock was simply better in all aspects. The players from Infamy that have joined us are phenominal, and I feel bad that their original leadership and tribesmates couldn't get their heads right. It came down to who wanted it more.

DeletedUser

40 members can't fall because of 2, it takes all 40. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have someone tell you to hit the enemy, but for some it was sure difficult to try and put in the time to win. Now I'm not saying the leadership didn't play the same as the players, not well enough, ambitious enough, try enough, but I saw psycho and kato covering sits on accounts getting hammered constantly and 38 others failed to help. Everyone quit when attacked and quit attacking when they failed.. including the leadership. It got to the point where we sit there and go "well, I can't think of anything to get these ill-motivated players going" and that was the point I passed on my account.

You get to a point where you realize you can't do anything about either defending your account or leading the tribe or turning the tide based on the time you have and effort you can put into the game. We all have a real life that should come first, so I'm hoping thats what the inactive and useless infamy accounts had going for them instead of just laziness.

DeletedUser

Just because I want to play around on the world 57 forums too:

Infamy lost because their leaders always attacked their own allies, never took responsibility, and spent more time on internals than fighting in the war itself.

Hell even I was left alive due to, get this, Infamy internals and barb runs :D. That and Skillhawk sucked more bags of...Well you get the picture, but he was absolute garbage. I wont say much on my own behalf, I didn't take part in this war. I was too far from Knock, and certain Infamy members, I wont say any names bknight, have extremely short term memories.

Who knows, maybe Infamy would have stood a chance if they didnt go after barbs, internals, and allies more viciously than they went after their own enemies. You can only live so long as a scavenger when you're being hunted as the prey.

DeletedUser109380

I think infamy fell for a fews reasons.

There was clear inactivity on accounts and instead of being internalled for players who are actually taken part, they were sat
and defense sent out to crappy people who didn't really deserve it. Another reason for there fall was people like Cool Tracker, who was allowed to do what ever he pleased and didn't even help the team out.

Certain members *cough* Odinstyr *cough* were around to run around the rim nobling barbs and 'sending def to the front' when i recently cleared him and all his villages are FULL of def. And the odd one that isn't had def in players not even under attack like. Psychosmurfs k65.

The leadership of kato was an absolute joke, his rants about help me and my cluster or ill rim you. Were he summoned all the def from every member, then he quit. That just shows how poor he was and his abuse on power.

Only specific members deserved to end the world, and the list of who didn't far outweighs who did.

DeletedUser102628

ok slightly off topic but still related to the fall of infamy,

if your not going to even try anymore... just save us all some time and hit delete.

c'mon legion, launch a counter offensive in k63?

Psycho.. heres your chance to actually fight somebody in knock

Dadster.. really bro?

bknight08... after your done with the barbs, wana try hit the red...

I could go on :lol:

DeletedUser

I revoke my previous statement. This is all a conspiracy. We are controlled by the Illuminati, who are controlled by Aliens, who are therefore controlling and manipulating us. They come from a galaxy far far away.

It was a period of civil war, and Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empires ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empires evil agents, Princess Leia raced home aboard her starship, custodian of the secret plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy......

DeletedUser

On the flip side, infamy didn't only lose, but Knock! won. A lot of effort went into winning as well - no matter the circumstances in a "final" war, eventually there will be a winner

DeletedUser

may i point out pyscho is puttin more effort into nobling cool tracker then he has into any knock player....funny how when enemies are at your front door the effort is suddenly put in but yet when there a few continents away no effort is put in...

^^ this is why you lost....this is why infamy lost....this is the attitude infamy members had towards the war

people like this who sit back and think ah its ok our frontline players can do the work while i sit back here and internal and barb hunt

people like this is what loses wars.