Why does everyone say mass recruiting tribes will fail?

Garrock

This quote was in the top 20 tribes thread, as it is somewhat off topic, I thought a proper thread regarding mass recruit tribes = fail was worthy of it's own topic:

Why does everyone say mass recruiting tribes will fail? :icon_razz:

I'll post some obvious reasons... feel free to comment, or add other reasons.

1) Mass recruit tribes have a tendency to recruit numerous players in the same map spaces... limiting growth, and preventing anyone from that tribe to properly farm.
2) Most players who would join a tribe that spam invites other people in there map space don't farm.
3) Most experienced players will avoid a mass recruit tribe like it's the plague
4) Most players who join mass recruit tribes tend to be farms rather than farmers
5) Most leaders who will mass invite without an account sit or interview are impossibly noob and have very little chance of overall success.
6) Most mass recruit tribes think quantity > quality
7) A member of a mass recruit tribe has a huge bullseye on his/her back. Basically, good players assume all players in mass recruit tribes are noob, and therefore easy farms (usually true). I had 13 members of a single tribe in my 15x15... 5 have restarted, I"m farming 6 more, and 2 are yet to be cleared, as they are growing fast enough to make potential noble villages later.

If I spent more time I could think of more reasons Mass recruit tribes fail... All it takes is a handful of experienced players, whether from 1 tribe, or multiple tribes, to nibble on them to reduce morale, and eventually see the demise of a mass recruit tribe. Nobling noob dukes is a quick way to end this.

Last edited:

Ripfin

History Says they will fail, in all my years playing this game I've never seen one mass recruiting tribe not fail.

reason mass recruiters fail is simple, most join for protection, so when all are screaming for protection and none comes, they bail and go to another tribe.

Jakub1992

You put it perfectly, but forgot to add the fact that there is always little communication and no leader can control that many people, so even though they do have the fire power, it cannot be directed properly.

broes

You put it perfectly, but forgot to add the fact that there is always little communication and no leader can control that many people, so even though they do have the fire power, it cannot be directed properly.

Unless every tribe is massive, and all have the same time to learn. I refer to the huge tribes in the hot times of the early worlds. In new worlds however, these new leader do not have the time to teach enough members how to play the game, and organise effective ops (due to inexperience and communication problems), to keep up with the aggresive, smaller, experienced, better organised tribes...

Jakub1992

Unless every tribe is massive, and all have the same time to learn. I refer to the huge tribes in the hot times of the early worlds. In new worlds however, these new leader do not have the time to teach enough members how to play the game, and organise effective ops (due to inexperience and communication problems), to keep up with the aggresive, smaller, experienced, better organised tribes...

There is an exception to every rule, are Hot still around though?

Ripfin

problem is the early worlds cannot be confused with these newer worlds for the simple reason of experiance, in worlds 1 and 2 when they started most players didn't know much about the game and the flow of new members was pathetically slow unlike these newer worlds which are fast in new members joining and such.

DeletedUser

This is where i believe a good leader would teach his members on an older world and then they join as a tribe on a newer world, thus giving them the advantage of being able to work together and have everything set from day 1 :)
Now not many people do it, but it is quite handy :D

DeletedUser

Just a small comment on the bolded phrase:
Fire power = how many troops a certain number of nukes can kill, and/or how many nukes can a defense kill before getting cleared.

Assuming that the percentage of mixed villages in a mass recruiting tribe is much higher than any other "normal" (I won't say "elite". Following common sense, hence "normal" in this game is rare enough) tribe it's clear that their fire power will suffer. A lot. Especially on the offense. Defensively, they'll probably never bother to implement a proper defending strategy, so their defenses will suffer as well.

Why a high percentage of mixed villages?
Simple.

No room to grow = nobling small barbarians so several of their players will be stuck with their main (probably mixed) and a few small villages that will have a long way to go before becoming productive. Meanwhile, smaller teams will take anything they want and grow stronger (firepower per player-wise) much faster.

Garrock

Fire power = how many troops a certain number of nukes can kill, and/or how many nukes can a defense kill before getting cleared.

Assuming that the percentage of mixed villages in a mass recruiting tribe is much higher than any other "normal" (I won't say "elite". Following common sense, hence "normal" in this game is rare enough) tribe it's clear that their fire power will suffer. A lot. Especially on the offense. Defensively, they'll probably never bother to implement a proper defending strategy, so their defenses will suffer as well.

Simple.

No room to grow = nobling small barbarians so several of their players will be stuck with their main (probably mixed) and a few small villages that will have a long way to go before becoming productive. Meanwhile, smaller teams will take anything they want and grow stronger (firepower per player-wise) much faster.

Good points... to add to that.. the more Firepower per player (FPP) the less people needed to coordinate efficient attacks... the fewer players needed, the more efficient an attack can be executed.

DeletedUser

History Says they will fail, in all my years playing this game I've never seen one mass recruiting tribe not fail.

reason mass recruiters fail is simple, most join for protection, so when all are screaming for protection and none comes, they bail and go to another tribe.

R.L. on world 37 is the only successful mass recruiting tribe i have seen so far, all the rest fail either slowly or very quickly i am sure there are more successful ones out there and when they are lead and recruit the right players they will be harder to take down then an elite small tribe of players!

Jakub1992

Simple.

I get what you are saying, but it wasn't what i was getting at, sheer numbers of troops are mind boggling, especialy at this stage, take a 1000 member tribe vs the top 40 players in a tribe. If we say each top 40 has on average at this point in the game 2000 troops. so thats 40 x 2000 = 80,000 troops. Now you see where i am going here, each player in the mass tribe only needs 80 troops to match the fire power of the "elite". I wasn't talking about how effective, or where it was distributed here, i was talking in sheer numbers.

DeletedUser

this worlds settings are the mass recruiters paradise.

doesnt matter if they will fail,they'll still do it.

DeletedUser

I get what you are saying, but it wasn't what i was getting at, sheer numbers of troops are mind boggling, especialy at this stage, take a 1000 member tribe vs the top 40 players in a tribe. If we say each top 40 has on average at this point in the game 2000 troops. so thats 40 x 2000 = 80,000 troops. Now you see where i am going here, each player in the mass tribe only needs 80 troops to match the fire power of the "elite". I wasn't talking about how effective, or where it was distributed here, i was talking in sheer numbers.

yes, sheer numbers can win wars. but 90% of the members in these mass recruiters are either pointwhores (like me) or turtles (like my neighbors :( ) and thus they lack firepower :) besides, they just can't use it cuz they suck! :D doesn't matter how many troops they each have, they aren't organized enough to coordinate an attack.

DeletedUser

You have a point if talking about defending. And again, I highly doubt any of those mass tribes will ever figure out how to combine their defenses properly (properly: it's a long story I wouldn't like "reveal". Those who know what "defense combination" stands for in this game, know what I'm talking anout).

On the other hand, hundreds of smallish offensive armies will still go splat against a descent stack. Attacking while not being at full force, especially in later stages, simply doesn't worth it.

And as Garrock said previously, by the time a 1K members team figures out a "massive" plan, their borders will allready start collapsing against a tighter, more flexible/efficient team.

DeletedUser

Wow, HOLD THE BOAT!

Are you saying 100players sending 10 axemen (1000) at a player is stronger then 20players sending 50 (1000)??? :icon_eek::icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Mass-recruiting tribes fail as much as smaller tribes. :icon_neutral:

Garrock

Wow, HOLD THE BOAT!

Are you saying 100players sending 10 axemen (1000) at a player is stronger then 20players sending 50 (1000)??? :icon_eek::icon_eek:

There are two ways to look at this.... offensively and defensively... defensively Jakubs right... alot of these tribes given the chance will stack a player under attack... increasing the likelihood of an experienced aggressive player hitting a defensive stack. As for being attacked.. well, if you are a decent player, and have only one village, how well can you actually defend? sure... you can dodge and backtime, which is effective, but if you are being attacked by 20-30 players, and have a non-existant defense, you won't be able to backtime them all.... and then when these noobs start using catapults, what will you do? I saw this on 43, and some on 44... I think even these mass recruit noob tribes are evolving to a degree, not enough to succeed overall in a world, but enough in some cases to make it hell on good players early on.

DeletedUser

They are mass recruiting because they want to internaly noble the inactive members. Those wont be agressive tribes as they will expend lots of time, troops and resources growing the active accounts on behalf of the inactives that will not give any resistance (dif than the units that remmain in the village, no coordinated defense).
Its impossible to coordinate a tribe with more than 300 players through the internal forum, and im sure most of the players wont give their e-mail nor skype... it still difficult if they organize the tribe in squads...
The thing is, it is not possible with the current tools tw give us.

BTW... what do you think will happen if someone runs a rumor into a massive tribe? its the same as always.

I agree, they have no chance to succeed in a first instance, but as a result just a handful of members will take advantage of the mess they are starting.

DeletedUser

They are mass recruiting because they want to internaly noble the inactive members. Those wont be agressive tribes as they will expend lots of time, troops and resources growing the active accounts on behalf of the inactives that will not give any resistance (dif than the units that remmain in the village, no coordinated defense).
Its impossible to coordinate a tribe with more than 300 players through the internal forum, and im sure most of the players wont give their e-mail nor skype... it still difficult if they organize the tribe in squads...
The thing is, it is not possible with the current tools tw give us.

BTW... what do you think will happen if someone runs a rumor into a massive tribe? its the same as always.

I agree, they have no chance to succeed in a first instance, but as a result just a handful of members will take advantage of the mess they are starting.

Agree

There are two ways to look at this.... offensively and defensively... defensively Jakubs right... alot of these tribes given the chance will stack a player under attack... increasing the likelihood of an experienced aggressive player hitting a defensive stack. As for being attacked.. well, if you are a decent player, and have only one village, how well can you actually defend? sure... you can dodge and backtime, which is effective, but if you are being attacked by 20-30 players, and have a non-existant defense, you won't be able to backtime them all.... and then when these noobs start using catapults, what will you do? I saw this on 43, and some on 44... I think even these mass recruit noob tribes are evolving to a degree, not enough to succeed overall in a world, but enough in some cases to make it hell on good players early on.

from a non mass recruiting defensive perspective, firstly my wall would prob take out there attacks alone! secondly, if a mass recruiting tribe attacked me properly i would turtle up to a degree (high wall + hidding place) and just backtime the closer members ad the further away members will realise a) its pointless attacking as he is dodging and im not getting anything b) if my troops are away, i cant farm, slowing my growth significantly

DeletedUser

Agree

from a non mass recruiting defensive perspective, firstly my wall would prob take out there attacks alone! secondly, if a mass recruiting tribe attacked me properly i would turtle up to a degree (high wall + hidding place) and just backtime the closer members ad the further away members will realise a) its pointless attacking as he is dodging and im not getting anything b) if my troops are away, i cant farm, slowing my growth significantly

yeh but let's not forget most people already have cats :p so even if they were noobs you still wouldn't want 10 attacks each containing cats to hit you with no def troops and no support. which isn't to say we should fear these guys lols....just a thought that crossed my mind.