Why does everyone say mass recruiting tribes will fail?

valk

There are two ways to look at this.... offensively and defensively... defensively Jakubs right... alot of these tribes given the chance will stack a player under attack... increasing the likelihood of an experienced aggressive player hitting a defensive stack. As for being attacked.. well, if you are a decent player, and have only one village, how well can you actually defend? sure... you can dodge and backtime, which is effective, but if you are being attacked by 20-30 players, and have a non-existant defense, you won't be able to backtime them all.... and then when these noobs start using catapults, what will you do? I saw this on 43, and some on 44... I think even these mass recruit noob tribes are evolving to a degree, not enough to succeed overall in a world, but enough in some cases to make it hell on good players early on.

I would agree with you in some aspect for terms of defensivly but it does need somone to actually get people to do it. If say these mass recruiting tribes have one member who goes "plz suprt my viill undr attak" like that then it becomes harder for support to get their efficiently, again if the calibre of the tribe when under attack all panic and hit a thread up for support it ends up with many threads all calling for support now you would think with more members=more support which i highly doubt considering of what i have saw in activity wise from the majority of said members in these mass recruting tribes.

Now we look at offense again if one tribe has a poor leader then co-ordinating offences against others can become a difficulty with 1000+ members, so if we look at it in the prospective point of veiw.
This is a snippet of ~WD~ offensive capabilities.
[spoil]All I ask is that you send your troops 3 fakes and 1 Attack! In any order...
Eg.
1st = 1 Axe
2nd = 47 Axe
3rd = 1 axe
4th = 1 axe[/spoil]

Now what is waves of 47 axe going to do when a player has a half decent stack in his village and a reasonably high wall....the answer not much.
The answer?
[spoil] Units: 0 0 47 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2.820 1.410 1.880 47
Losses: 0 0 47 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2.820 1.410 1.880 47

Defender Units: 1000 1000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 80.000 60.000 80.000 2.000
Losses: 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 240 180 240 6[/spoil]

To say the least minimal and that is with a wall of level 10 which is what some player probably can have at this stage.

Tic Toc

Its interesting to see the entire thread cooperatively bash mass recruiting tribes, and pat each other on the back for doing so. Its obvious that the majority of these tribes do not have a forum voice and will not defend themselves. The most interesting point was the fact that the opening poster clearly stated he wanted people to "to comment, or add other reasons," and not give any counter argument. I, however, disagree. People do not say mass recruiting tribe will fail because of any reason other than its a fad. Quite frankly, I don't think they are inherently failures whatsoever.

The hype that, "all mass recruiting tribes fail," is due, in part, to the fact that they are the only failing tribe you notice. Its a lot easier to spot a tribe with 200+ members than it is to spot one with 20. For that reason, when both tribes come tumbling down, its the large tribe that gets the media coverage. Not to mention wars between premade "elite" tribes and 20 member tribes are never documented, while wars between premade "elites" and 200+ member tribes are considered of interest because of the supposed incredible feat of a small tribe toppling a giant.

Quite frankly, I've seen tons of counter examples besides R.L. and HOT. The HAWKS family of world 33 was both a mass recruiting and a family tribe that holds power to this day. And if anyone considers world 33 an "old world," and therefore "confused with these newer worlds for the simple reason of experiance, [in worlds 1 and 2 when they started most players didn't know much about the game and the flow of new members was pathetically slow unlike these newer worlds which are fast in new members joining and such]," he or she obviously hasn't played this game too long.

I talked to a leader of a massive, obviously mass recruiting tribe (400+ members). I don't quite remember what instigated the conversation, however he seemed to be the most down to earth player in my continent. Naturally, I asked him how and why he ended up leading such a large, mass-recruiting tribe. He told me it had numerous benefits for experienced players, including the ability to see which players went inactive. If someone went yellow, they farmed them. However, other players, seeing that the same player is part of a huge tribe, figured it wouldn't be worth provoking a potentially limitless wave of noob attacks. Yes, a few dozen spears crashing into your walls won't do much damage, but enough of them will wear down your troops needlessly. Yes, you can dodge, but not all players have the privilege of a co-player.

Mass recruiting is also one of the few possible ways of snapping up newer but active players, those who have perhaps not posted enough on the external forums to be worth of a premade invite. Allowing all players to grow forces the possibility of losing talent if they decide to join another tribe instead of yours.

My two cents: Pushing the invite button does not break a tribe. Quite the opposite really. Pushing the "dismiss player" does.

broes

Its interesting to see the entire thread cooperatively bash mass recruiting tribes, and pat each other on the back for doing so. Its obvious that the majority of these tribes do not have a forum voice and will not defend themselves. The most interesting point was the fact that the opening poster clearly stated he wanted people to "to comment, or add other reasons," and not give any counter argument. I, however, disagree. People do not say mass recruiting tribe will fail because of any reason other than its a fad. Quite frankly, I don't think they are inherently failures whatsoever.

The hype that, "all mass recruiting tribes fail," is due, in part, to the fact that they are the only failing tribe you notice. Its a lot easier to spot a tribe with 200+ members than it is to spot one with 20. For that reason, when both tribes come tumbling down, its the large tribe that gets the media coverage. Not to mention wars between premade "elite" tribes and 20 member tribes are never documented, while wars between premade "elites" and 200+ member tribes are considered of interest because of the supposed incredible feat of a small tribe toppling a giant.

Quite frankly, I've seen tons of counter examples besides R.L. and HOT. The HAWKS family of world 33 was both a mass recruiting and a family tribe that holds power to this day. And if anyone considers world 33 an "old world," and therefore "confused with these newer worlds for the simple reason of experiance, [in worlds 1 and 2 when they started most players didn't know much about the game and the flow of new members was pathetically slow unlike these newer worlds which are fast in new members joining and such]," he or she obviously hasn't played this game too long.

I talked to a leader of a massive, obviously mass recruiting tribe (400+ members). I don't quite remember what instigated the conversation, however he seemed to be the most down to earth player in my continent. Naturally, I asked him how and why he ended up leading such a large, mass-recruiting tribe. He told me it had numerous benefits for experienced players, including the ability to see which players went inactive. If someone went yellow, they farmed them. However, other players, seeing that the same player is part of a huge tribe, figured it wouldn't be worth provoking a potentially limitless wave of noob attacks. Yes, a few dozen spears crashing into your walls won't do much damage, but enough of them will wear down your troops needlessly. Yes, you can dodge, but not all players have the privilege of a co-player.

Mass recruiting is also one of the few possible ways of snapping up newer but active players, those who have perhaps not posted enough on the external forums to be worth of a premade invite. Allowing all players to grow forces the possibility of losing talent if they decide to join another tribe instead of yours.

My two cents: Pushing the invite button does not break a tribe. Quite the opposite really. Pushing the "dismiss player" does.

I totally disagree. I don't have to be in a mass-recruting tribe to farm. I don't only farm inactive players. I farm every village arround me. And if you invite every player arround you, then you clearly do not have the same goal. The reason that these days, mass recruting tribes survive in a world is because they haven't had a strong opponent yet in their area. Look at the south-east of this world. They will probably survive for some time because there isn't a strong opponent. Once the world gets older, they still won't have learned how to fight an organised tribe, and will be slaughtered like hell.

And, saying there is an exception doesn't deny the fact that still, most failing tribes are massrecruting tribes... (Those 20 noob-player tribes may not be as big, but are still masrecruting tribes. They invite everyone arround them, but they choose another, bigger tribe...)

DeletedUser

You made a few good points with the "elite tribe" taking out the mass recruiting tribe, but most of the other stuff is wrong in my opinion.

The reason we show more interest in a tribe of 1000+ failing is that 1000 people are in the tribe. It's the same on the news. What's going to be on the headline? A car crashing into a tree or a Bus crashing into a school? The more people the more hype.

I agree, it's obvious that some mass recruiting and/or family tribes succeed. But were saying it's harder to succeed and less of a chance for them to win. On most worlds though, the tribe made up of a higher majority of experienced players win.

As for fighting a noob tribe, your forgetting that more than one tribe is going to be fighting the mass recruiting tribe. So they get split up, meaning more disorganization. A small organised tribe is not based amongst the world, but mostly in 1 continent, or in the middle of two. So they're not going to be fighting all 1,000 members at once, and all 1,000 members won't be supporting eachother, as more than 1 or 2 players in that tribe are under attack.

However, other players, seeing that the same player is part of a huge tribe, figured it wouldn't be worth provoking a potentially limitless wave of noob attacks.

With this comment, I see it as the opposite. Most people see a member in a mass rec tribe as a target. They know that the leaders have to deal with 500 members under fire, so no one is going to care if you farm him. I have farmed members in tribes of the 1000+ and have admitted to it on the forums as well, not even an angry message, and definitly no limitless wave of attacks.

DeletedUser

the fact is mass recruiting tribes always fail. that's it.period.

DeletedUser

I have farmed members in tribes of the 1000+ and have admitted to it on the forums as well, not even an angry message, and definitly no limitless wave of attacks.

was there evidence that they were attempting to recoup from your attacks? or did they just kinda lay there and take it?

because if you were farming inactives, then of course there would be no retaliation.

DeletedUser

History Says they will fail, in all my years playing this game I've never seen one mass recruiting tribe not fail.

reason mass recruiters fail is simple, most join for protection, so when all are screaming for protection and none comes, they bail and go to another tribe.

I have to admit this is one of the top reasons; people get all scared and well you just don't know what members you are picking up. The thing is everyone here I doubt would join a mass recruiting I like to recieve a message before getting a invite I don't like getting a short paragraph about how I am a good player how do you know that because of my points? I have seriously insulted many tribes for this and people need to learn don't invite send messages. When you send messages you will be able...

1.To understand the player much better.

2.Well if you see it says the player hasn't read for A very long time hes a unactive player.

3.If you ask good quetions you won't be picking up noobs.

DeletedUser

theres been a few very good mass recruit tribes look at world 1s TW case and point there but really the best tribes ofall time have been elite ones CTRL DNY and many more

ive also been a duke of a family tribe the grand duke the benifits of this was early on i was given my choice of inactives your all proberly going what a noob in tribe nobler but hey it got me into CTRL the highest stats on .net in all fields tribe so i did something right ;) but back on subject the benifits are amazing when you have no nukes for red targets so many players quit and give thanks by clearing there villas for you and you get more easy villas in nuke rebuild time eventualy the time arrives you leave the family appoint someone else the duke and go on your way to a better tribe and join in on big wars and always have a loyal friends list from the family tribe who will dump all there defence even tho ur not allies

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So basically the Duke of mass rec tribes will eat all the inactives and bail to a non suck tribe? Cool story bro ;)

was there evidence that they were attempting to recoup from your attacks? or did they just kinda lay there and take it?

because if you were farming inactives, then of course there would be no retaliation.

I gained 1000 ODA because this guy kept building spears and his pala

Gouge

theres been a few very good mass recruit tribes look at world 1s TW case and point there but really the best tribes ofall time have been elite ones CTRL DNY and many more

ive also been a duke of a family tribe the grand duke the benifits of this was early on i was given my choice of inactives your all proberly going what a noob in tribe nobler but hey it got me into CTRL the highest stats on .net in all fields tribe so i did something right ;) but back on subject the benifits are amazing when you have no nukes for red targets so many players quit and give thanks by clearing there villas for you and you get more easy villas in nuke rebuild time eventualy the time arrives you leave the family appoint someone else the duke and go on your way to a better tribe and join in on big wars and always have a loyal friends list from the family tribe who will dump all there defence even tho ur not allies

TW in W1 was not a mess recruiting tribe, all of the original players came from the same website tribawlwar.com (It has no relation to Tribalwars at all). We had our own IRC server so communication and security was never an issue. Add in the fact that most if not all of the original players knew each other for years and years from playing other games so the chemistry of teamwork was already in place.

We dominated W1 in Tribalwars.
We dominated W1 in The West.
And now we have moved onto W1 Grepolis.

The basic mechanics of all these games is teamwork, if you have it you will dominate and always be #1. Finding enough competent players that all have the same goals in mind is the hard part.

DeletedUser

History Says they will fail, in all my years playing this game I've never seen one mass recruiting tribe not fail.

reason mass recruiters fail is simple, most join for protection, so when all are screaming for protection and none comes, they bail and go to another tribe.

Well, you haven't played for long then.

ATEN tribes in world 2 succeeded, err BORG in W10 was a family tribe if I don't remember wrong?

DeletedUser

TW in W1 was not a mess recruiting tribe, all of the original players came from the same website tribawlwar.com (It has no relation to Tribalwars at all). We had our own IRC server so communication and security was never an issue. Add in the fact that most if not all of the original players knew each other for years and years from playing other games so the chemistry of teamwork was already in place.

We dominated W1 in Tribalwars.
We dominated W1 in The West.
And now we have moved onto W1 Grepolis.

The basic mechanics of all these games is teamwork, if you have it you will dominate and always be #1. Finding enough competent players that all have the same goals in mind is the hard part.

Hmm, I do not know you or TW well enough to make a complete judgement of you. However, it would seem to me that when these games release their first worlds most everyone is new to the particular way it works, and any technical skill that accompanies said game. So of course if you were to arrive on all new servers with a premade team of gamers, you are going to dominate, would it not be more of a task to bring that tribe to this world for example?

Like I said however, I don't know if you actually have done that and moved on to other worlds or not, I would hope so.

Oh, and if you guys are still hanging around, it would be good for you to turn up on this world together, the rim is not such a bad place to start, it would make things that much more interesting.

DeletedUser

I haven't really read every post here, so I don't know whether anyone has said what I'm about to say, but I had thought of an idea to make mass recruitment work to some degree, especially with no tribe limit on this world.

I haven't tested this, but one of my ideas to possibly try out was to invite 100-200 players in one or two continents right beside one another. Possibly recruit strategically. Then do a forum test to see who out of all those members reads the forums within 48 hours of them going up to see who actually reads the forums. Anyone not responding within 48 hours gets thrown out and this gets done for a few weeks constantly in different sections of the forum until you've got 100% forum activity and of course anyone going yellow or red also gets thrown out.

Through my experience, having noobs in your tribe doesn't mean you will fail. Having lots of non participants in the tribe will mean failure. People who read the forums for the most part will participate. As I say, recruiting noobs isn't a failure as long as they participate and read the forums. If they do that, they can be tought. The final stage would be working on the tribe and improving it's skill level.

I'm not entirely sure if this would work, but I reckon under the right circumstances, this form of mass recruitment could actually be very successful.

If anyone like myself isn't playing this world seriously and wants to have a go at that, let me know the results.

DeletedUser

No waiiiiiii. :icon_rolleyes:

You continue to make yourself look more and more like a fool with your persistent spamming and lack of any sort of comprehension. Clearly the highlighted portion was an accompanying point, not the focal point of my post.

DeletedUser

You mad again bro?

Your spamming is not enough to make people angry, it just takes away from any points that people are making in these forums. You are a waste of space in every way. So bro, just stop being a bro and maybe the other bros can make their own points bro and not be constantly bro spammed by bro you bro. Did I do it right, surely that's how the bros talk, right bro?

DeletedUser

Your spamming is not enough to make people angry, it just takes away from any points that people are making in these forums. You are a waste of space in every way. So bro, just stop being a bro and maybe the other bros can make their own points bro and not be constantly bro spammed by bro you bro. Did I do it right, surely that's how the bros talk, right bro?

No! You're doing it wrong!!

Yo dawg i herd you like English, so we put an auxiliary verb next to your dependent verb so you can make sense while you build sentences.

DeletedUser

I think the most important thing of tribe would be Organisation. And realy you have to be insane active and talanted to organise 1200 people.

Thats my IMHO>

DeletedUser

Why do mass recruiting tribes fail you ask?

Well I cant say anything for other tribes but for the tribe i'm in currently (nite) you know they are a fail when their forum http://nowistheend.com/index/ is a shared forum between tribal wars and (shrudders) the games neopets,runescape and pokemon

*you may begin your nite flaming my friends*

DeletedUser

dont knock that shared forum i actuly like that one as it means its a bigger community and not just the tw players on an outside forum so the offtopic and such will be active and you meet more people but the neopets and pokemon games are abit sad and since i have 11 99s on runescape i wont say anything except i quit that addiction when i started tw a few years ago but ive quit here now only to help people co play sometimes with being australian and all

also CTRL is run by the leaders of DI the former number 1 runescape clan back when pking was still real