Why does everyone say mass recruiting tribes will fail?

DeletedUser85344

Why do mass recruiting tribes fail you ask?

Well I cant say anything for other tribes but for the tribe i'm in currently (nite) you know they are a fail when their forum http://nowistheend.com/index/ is a shared forum between tribal wars and (shrudders) the games neopets,runescape and pokemon

*you may begin your nite flaming my friends*

...if that's the worst you've got to say then that's not that bad. In fact quite frankly you I think just insulted yourself...
why are you calling your own tribe stupid? .... That's like running around telling people your mom has herpee's.

DeletedUser

...if that's the worst you've got to say then that's not that bad. In fact quite frankly you I think just insulted yourself...
why are you calling your own tribe stupid? .... That's like running around telling people your mom has herpee's.

one would assume you love your mom and respect her. if you assume this player loves his tribe you are seriously naive :icon_rolleyes: there are top players in mass recruiting tribes, only there "for the lulz" or they have their own plans. this is mainly why all these mass recruiters will fail. their own members hate them.

DeletedUser85344

one would assume you love your mom and respect her. if you assume this player loves his tribe you are seriously naive :icon_rolleyes: there are top players in mass recruiting tribes, only there "for the lulz" or they have their own plans. this is mainly why all these mass recruiters will fail. their own members hate them.

Those members may do as they will.

Opponents defeated (Tribes)

Rank Tribe name Defeated 1 Fort PWN 261.121 2 Supreme Deadly Alliance 212.473 3 Now Is The End 134.100

Maybe it can be said that with quantity comes some quality? That seems to be the discussion anyway, that more people suck... that doesn't even make sense.. Is that to say most people suck? Okay but then you still lose the argument because we (?) have more people and thus more good people -typically.

All I have to say about my own is that we're doing alright to say the least. (nite) We play a few other games together and are the rank 1 alliance in darkthrone, and have been the rank 1 alliance in kingsofchaos, so it can't be said that we don't have at least a FEW good, and loyal members.

DeletedUser

I'm not the type of player to insult another if I have I apologize.
With that said I never said anything along the lines of "stupid" simply fail. :icon_wink:

Now that ya kicked me isn't it now your tribe not "mine"

DeletedUser85344

I'm not the type of player to insult another if I have I apologize.
With that said I never said anything along the lines of "stupid" simply fail. :icon_wink:

Now that ya kicked me isn't it now your tribe not "mine"

I would argue that you are.. and if Neopets isn't your forte' then don't play it (?)

forgive, I am on the phone with another member. (shows how close some of us are ;) ) btw I sent you an in game message regarding this. Kicked you? - I didn't, I thought you left the tribe on your own after posting that -which would have made sense to me..

I went to go kick you and saw you weren't in the tribe. Thought you left, now I see someone else beat me to it.. says something I think..

and so that I may stay on topic, we recruit to compete with the other major tribes at this time, and if you look it would appear they are all equally doing well in rank state in a game where it's all about numbers in the broadest sense of things.

Now it would occur to me that a tribe should want the greatest amount of good players possible so to compete at any given time. It has come to my understanding that some tribes are unable to do this and/or do not understand that we weed out bad players and inactives along the way and seek to cause ignorance and unjust in a weak topic.

I hope that answered my thoughts on the subject, and whomever started dissing 'mass recruiting' tribes has got too much time on their hands imo.

Last edited:

valk

Rank Tribe name Defeated 1 Fort PWN 261.121 2 Supreme Deadly Alliance 212.473 3 Now Is The End 134.100

Maybe it can be said that with quantity comes some quality? That seems to be the discussion anyway, that more people suck... that doesn't even make sense.. Is that to say most people suck? Okay but then you still lose the argument because we (?) have more people and thus more good people -typically.

All I have to say about my own is that we're doing alright to say the least. (nite) We play a few other games together and are the rank 1 alliance in darkthrone, and have been the rank 1 alliance in kingsofchaos, so it can't be said that we don't have at least a FEW good, and loyal members.

This point has been gone through numerous times in this worlds forum. Working it out per member showed that nite was poor in Opponents defeated.

frostyfingers

I love you garrock, you have said what I have been thinking for about a month now...and I am actually using the negative you listed in my efforts to get the potentially gifted players out of these darn mass recruitment tribes around me in K52...

DeletedUser

So To answer the question
Why does everyone say mass recruiting tribes will fail?

.....Because the LARGE majority of them will, and only the ones with the best leadership will survive. But these days, a lot of people think they are good enough to lead one. Especially in an unlimited tribe member world. I know if i was to lead a mass recruiting tribe, i would be splitting it into family tribes depending on the number of members, and obviously have shared forums, Communication is key in massive tribes, and members in k44 don't need to know of small issues happening in k72 etc..... so keep players in tribes depending on their location, for example SDA have 1145 members of which only about 1/2 are active, but in a mass recruiting tribe activeness DOES NOT matter, as the active members will (and have already started) farm the inactives. so lets say we have 1145 members, this would be split into 11 tribes of 100 and then split into groups of 20 and then it would run a lot more efficiently. So you have 11 different dukes and pprobably 2-4 barons in each, but the problem with mass recruiting is you dont know about what players you can trust! there will obviously be spies in each tribe regardless of how strict entry is (im sure every non-mass recruiting tribe has at least 1 spy in each of the mass recruiters), so therefore all info posted in the forums is compromised. Also after about a month they should cut down there members by at least 60%.

DeletedUser

So To answer the question

.....Because the LARGE majority of them will, and only the ones with the best leadership will survive. But these days, a lot of people think they are good enough to lead one. Especially in an unlimited tribe member world. I know if i was to lead a mass recruiting tribe, i would be splitting it into family tribes depending on the number of members, and obviously have shared forums, Communication is key in massive tribes, and members in k44 don't need to know of small issues happening in k72 etc..... so keep players in tribes depending on their location, for example SDA have 1145 members of which only about 1/2 are active, but in a mass recruiting tribe activeness DOES NOT matter, as the active members will (and have already started) farm the inactives. so lets say we have 1145 members, this would be split into 11 tribes of 100 and then split into groups of 20 and then it would run a lot more efficiently. So you have 11 different dukes and pprobably 2-4 barons in each, but the problem with mass recruiting is you dont know about what players you can trust! there will obviously be spies in each tribe regardless of how strict entry is (im sure every non-mass recruiting tribe has at least 1 spy in each of the mass recruiters), so therefore all info posted in the forums is compromised. Also after about a month they should cut down there members by at least 60%.

Only one spy? Your being very generous:icon_wink: That is probably the only way to run a mass recruiter, it seems more risky and allot more work than to just get a small group of good players.

DeletedUser

Only one spy? Your being very generous:icon_wink: That is probably the only way to run a mass recruiter, it seems more risky and allot more work than to just get a small group of good players.

at least 1 spy

Its too much effort tbh, and eventually you would just be dissmissing the deadweight every couple of weeks and it would (should) turn into a normal tribe, but the kind of leaders who run mass recruiters just see
1000 is better then 50! how can we lose!

DeletedUser

I just don't understand how anyone thinks have 100 villages in the hands of 10 players is better than 1 player owning that many, because that is the situation that will arise. Sure, it gets harder and harder to produce nobles, but think of the logistics of it, who would rather try and control 10 people to move the troops around as needed rather than tell 1 person what needs to be done? Not a smart leader, that's for sure.

DeletedUser

are you serious about the OD? come on think before you post
OD rankings, unlike points rankings do not measure only the top 40 players OD. they measure the OD from all members.
let's do some math.

FPWN with a total of 1405 members have 312.093 ODA (cuz oda is all that matters)
now if we divide the ODA to the number of members they have we got something like 222 ODA/ member

let's take a non mass recruiting tribe
we will take =A=, as of the non mass recruiting tribes they are the highest in oda rank
=A= have a total of 152.436 ODA.
they have 51 members
divide their ODA to 51 and we get 2988 OD/ member. notice the difference? i believe enough has been said.

DeletedUser51138

The debate between "quantity vs quality" has been constantly going, and here's my $0.02

At the start of the world, hordes of members (1xxx vs say like 50) may win... but once you start factoring in multiple villages, then that's when the difference starts to occur. The overall skill level of those in "elite" tribes vs "mass recruiting" tribes tends to be huge... (again quantity vs quality). Spies have already been brought up, coordination is another thing.

While I do admit, yes it's possible to have highly skilled people (rare... but still there) in a tribe of thousands, the lack of coordination (mid to late game) will be the inevitable downfall.

Now I've only glanced at what others have to said, and I'm sorry if I mis-categorized some people.

"and so that I may stay on topic, we recruit to compete with the other major tribes at this time, and if you look it would appear they are all equally doing well in rank state in a game where it's all about numbers in the broadest sense of things."

and

"I hope that answered my thoughts on the subject, and whomever started dissing 'mass recruiting' tribes has got too much time on their hands imo."

If people don't have time on their hands, I think TW is the wrong game to play... also, considering rank is based off of top40's points and not total points, and tribal points literally has no meaning this early in the game, that argument of "to keep up" is bogus.

To be completely honest, do I think mass recruiting CAN work (somewhat...)? Yes... and No
Yes in the sense that it has to be early game (the argument was brought up with troop #'s, a handful of people with 1/5 nukes can do some damage to a single target) although not all of these tribes will be able to coordinate to make it out of the early game. No in the sense that if the world goes too far... tribes will/should easily be able to counter the masses. In the rare instance in which mass-recruiting tribes can "semi" control their coordination, then I can foresee them doing well.

However, the problem is this is 99+% of the time this is NEVER the case, mass recruiting tribes will generally die internally, and it's rare to see the mass recruiting tribe win, therefore statistically we can see where they fall.

DeletedUser

still you can't ignore a mas recruiting tribe, you saY? quantity over quality, they can for sure with their number can own with a handful leadership, let's say they have 15 dukes with designated assignment of members to organize a specific platoon in a specific location plus if these noobs know how to fake it can lead to a devastating output at the other side. 100 Veteran players Vs. 1000 less-experienced players? veterans can be easily pawned since they can be out numbered, it's like 1 veteran player against 10 noobs of course with some knowledge, if they are taught they can learn. THe only problem in mass recruiting tribe is the leadership, 1000+ members is freaking inconvenient .

DeletedUser

Very true, but in reality , to get 15 FULL TIME dukes is not going to happen!

DeletedUser

if it were, it would be much better and more efficient to split the tribe into a family or to break it up as there isnt enough forum space to actually be used by 1.4k players ;P

i hate when the blue star comes up, just imagine it not ever going away :lol:

DeletedUser51138

haha good point crazy, that would never go away xD. especially during war, when 800 of those 1400 members are saying "oh shiz im gonna restart I haz an incoming"

DeletedUser

Exactly that and no one has 1000 "less experienced" members, they have 400 inactives, at least 200 who are active but don't even read the forums in their tribe, another 1-200 who are active but being farmed and have to restart a few times, plus the point whores with almost no troops, then you can start to add up the members in their tribe who are active, new, but want to play right. So you need someone to organize that into something usable (usable as in organized and not spread throughout the world)

Or get a group of about 50 players who have played before with good leadership and in the same area, and you have a tribe who will own that continent by kicking out the mass recruiters.

colonelabbas

Because mass recruiters fail,thats all.
Agree with it or not thats how things go.