Why so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm just curious as to why World 30 is so popular... IMO, I kind of hate the church and really think it's pointless. It just means no more long-rance attacks, that's all. It doesn't update stats of your units or anything, from what I know.

Anybody know why?

DeletedUser

i think the very thing you hate is what makes it popular. i actuelly like the idea of the church, and i like the strategy it brings.

DeletedUser48847

New settings attract both "Old Skool" and relatively new players, and having a mix of player from every world makes this world very very interesting ;)

DeletedUser

I dunno either... I was retired from TW when all of a sudden I got this email about a new world with all new settings and unheard of glory. So I joined to become famous. Isn't that why everyone joined?

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to why World 30 is so popular... IMO, I kind of hate the church and really think it's pointless. It just means no more long-rance attacks, that's all. It doesn't update stats of your units or anything, from what I know.

Anybody know why?

It doesn't rule out long-range attacks at all. Don't know where you got that idea from. It adds an extra concept to the game, makes it more of a benefit to clusterise and centralise... can give smaller but better organised players an edge and hopefully it means mass nobling intribe is less effective than it used to be... so I hope :icon_wink:

DeletedUser48847

I dunno either... I was retired from TW when all of a sudden I got this email about a new world with all new settings and unheard of glory. So I joined to become famous. Isn't that why everyone joined?

I joined to have fun :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It doesn't rule out long-range attacks at all. Don't know where you got that idea from. It adds an extra concept to the game, makes it more of a benefit to clusterise and centralise... can give smaller but better organised players an edge and hopefully it means mass nobling intribe is less effective than it used to be... so I hope :icon_wink:

I think it'll make wars either very long or very short when a truce is decided. I think more agreements will be made, where the stronger tribe receives a number of villages in exchange for peace etc.

EstoyLoco

I am curious... if I noble a barb near a target... build a church right beside the target while my nuke is on the way...

When it was launched it was no religious but when it will land it will be religious... how does it work? :)

Estoy

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score

I think it'll make wars either very long or very short when a truce is decided. I think more agreements will be made, where the stronger tribe receives a number of villages in exchange for peace etc.

I think you are over-estimating what it will bring... I can imagine it will bring a lot more use of catapults and mass scouting... however all it will do is give an extra edge to the most co-ordinated, and active tribe, the war length will not change too much neither will the exchanges.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
I am curious... if I noble a barb near a target... build a church right beside the target while my nuke is on the way...

When it was launched it was no religious but when it will land it will be religious... how does it work? :)

Estoy

When it is an attack it is origin not destination that matters so I am told so in either case it will fight at 100%.

DeletedUser

When it is an attack it is origin not destination that matters so I am told so in either case it will fight at 100%.

Are you sure about that? I'm assuming that the destination does matter. If your attack target is outside your church coverage, your troops fight less effective. If that's not the case, feel free to prove me wrong.

DeletedUser

There is a church thread stickied at the top. Pulsar will lock this if we continue discussing that here...

DeletedUser

Are you sure about that? I'm assuming that the destination does matter. If your attack target is outside your church coverage, your troops fight less effective. If that's not the case, feel free to prove me wrong.

that's not the case, you are wrong. destination DOESN'T matter. all that matters is village of origin.

DeletedUser

Ok, thanks :) That clears up things a bit. Though I think it would've been interesting if front lines would only be so thin.

DeletedUser15106

Anybody know why?
I'd like to know why too. I tried to join a few days late and it was closed! :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

I'd like to know why too. I tried to join a few days late and it was closed! :icon_evil:

Allyboooooooo!

I been looking for you for years! Please add me on skype; kebabstah

Also, I may have something for you soon ;)

On-Topic: It's because it's the first church world with new graphics aswell as the 30th anniversary i.e. world 30. At the start in my thread I wrote a more detailed analysis on the settings so i'll c&p it here:

Now, moving onto the second part; World 30 Settings. Here I'll attempt to discuss/go through the settings of the world and add and explain anything I can as to the purpose, what it'll encourage, my general views on it etc. So let's start by taking a look at these settings and I'll address them 1 by 1:

Speed: 1 - Pretty slow. Will give those with less time to play Tw in general an option of playing. Inevitably increases the density of the world. However, the slow setting has also restricted some of the more "experienced"/"better" players from playing it as they can't bare such slow pace gaming.

Unit Speed: 1 - Pretty much same as above. Not too fast. Farming takes hours usually. Especially when using several farming parties early world which include spears with swords. Very depressing.

Morale is based on points and time. - There's simply 1 way to explain this so I'll C&P what popped up in the general section of the forum. Credit goes to Vladivar:

Assuming that it is the same as the time based morale on some of the closed worlds (like w6), it will mean that say you have 3 people:

A - joined the world on day 1 and grew to 500k points
B - joined the world on day 1 and grew to 50k points
C - joined the world late and grew to 50k points

Now on purely points based morale, A attacks either B or C and suffers the same morale penalty. On points and time based morale, the morale percentage of A attacking B would be higher than the morale percentage of A attacking C.

So basically, the points give a certain morale penalty but then time is factored in so that a small player who has been on the world longer than a similar sized small player will have less of a morale penalty to attack.

Paladins are active WITH Items - This brings the element of luck into the game. Depending on how lucky you are(I'm the unluckiest no-life on TW):)icon_cry:), this could mean the difference between a win and a lose in battle between an opponent. If your opponent goes heavy swords and you luckily get the LC weapon, you'll minimize losses aswell as winning the battle, taking you a shorter time to re-build the nuke fully etc (like dominoes, it goes on). Same reasoning with the other weapons. Opposite scenario with the defensive weapons, could mean the difference of you defending the attack successfully or not.

So, what are the additional bonus items added/replaced to the usual ones?

New Bonus Items:

Paracelsus' Longsword:
Increases the offensive fighting power of your Swordsmen by 40% and their defensive fighting power by 30%.
Thorgard's Battle Axe:
Increases the offensive fighting power of your Axemen by 40% and their defensive fighting power by 30%.
Carol's morning star:
Increases the damage caused by rams by 100%. Additionally, the wall will be more damaged during the first phase
Aletheia's Bonfire:
Increases the damage by catapults by 100%. Additionally, the defence of catapults increases by 1000%.

What ammuses me most out of these weapons is Aletheia's Bonfire. As the church settings restrict your final troop space to 9k-12k, people will be using different village builds aswell as different defences. 1 Defence which will be popular/on offer is the Catapult defence. The type you use can vary from 1.125k - 1.5k to 2.5k Spears, 500 HC, 50 Scouts, 500 Cats sometimes adding more cats, less HC vice versa. Although these D's wont be as strong as a 20k D, you need to adapt and make the best of what you've got aka 9-12k farm/troop space.

Bonus Villages are active - Will increase non-player nobling. However, normal "against nobling grey" players may consider this in-order to create a cluster due to the new feature; the Church. This is also made up for in the new types of bonus villages added which vary from 30% of all resource types to 50% recruitment faster in stables as you may want to work out a D and O for those villages especially so you can have a D/O nuke finished at roughly the same time(efficent and fast).

Barbarians do grow up to 1500 Points. - Not much really. Will be better farming to a certain extent in-comparison to non-growing barb worlds. Will lower the amount of late in-game grey ennoblements creating more warfare.

Gold Coins + Simple Research - Newb settings. Imo the new features/current settings of W30 bring enough strategy and will consume more then enough time so this doesn't really bother me.

Tribe Limit: 60 - I like alot. It'll create difficult decisions to be made in-regards to how many continents tribes wish to dominate based on ability, time and will. Will tribes aim to dominate 1 continent with 60 or 2 continents with 30 each? Will they split it up to a 20:40 ratio depending on quality of players or quality of competition. 1 core continent and 1 rim continent or 2 core? 1 wrong decision could inevitably lead to failure.

Church is active - Without doubt the most interesting/best feature of W30. This brings alot of logic and strategy into the game it's very under-estimated. Early world we wont have much to do with it but later on you will. There's so much enabled with this feature. Disguising your church villages with the non-church villages, building O's or D's in them? Nobling 10 greys in your 7x7 to create a cluster? What do you do? Your initial guess is as good as mine until we bring the logic and stats into it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.