Win! Gets punch!ed

DeletedUser

considering only 9 of the vills youve taken were bigger than barbs.

Viewer (671|418) K46 9,529 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 12:00:26
Run!! Turks Are Coming.. (672|415) K46 9,523 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 11:56:00
Viewer (673|415) K46 9,515 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 11:08:42
Viewer (672|418) K46 9,525 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 10:19:54
Viewer (668|413) K46 9,527 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 09:55:39
Viewer (670|412) K46 9,525 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 08:02:51
K46 (670|410) K46 9,525 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 07:35:46
Viewer (670|409) K46 9,523 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 06:45:49
Viewer (667|412) K46 9,273 Pryde42 [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-09 04:51:10

then the rest are barb size or worse, also from the much isolated ipadmakers account aswell. but even with that said some of your conquers stand out!

-| In Memory of Bupal (561|295) K25 1,285 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-22 20:00:23
-| In Memory of Reiny Uy (561|298) K25 1,771 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-22 22:04:34
-| In Memory of Cheetah185 (558|299) K25 191 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-22 23:03:33
Just Another Village (560|290) K25 74 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-23 22:55:10
Yo mamas house 2! (555|298) K25 158 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-23 22:08:30
Yo mamas house 5! (561|294) K25 112 IpadMakers [WIN!] V for Valth [PUNCH!] 2011-10-23 21:30:26

i think that proves your massive contribution to the war:lol:

not my fault if your players cant grow there villages,maybe you should of recruited better, no?

DeletedUser98855

Ipadmakers was fully capable of growing his villages.. he was just totally surrounded and incredibly outnumbered, and thought it would be a fun experiment to see if any of you were stupid enough to noble a 74 point village for the stats.. (see, because we aren't caught up in trying to augment the stats like you guys are).

DeletedUser98855

Does it? No, no, it does not seem ridiculous. I'm not going to say he doesn't like bragging just because Valth and BMF brag. How does that even make sense? They aren't mutually exclusive...

Did I say the presence of Valth and BMF NEGATES the fact that he was bragging slightly? No. I said it's ridiculous to point out LG's slightly boastful tone when there are players around who make LG look like the most gracious, humble guy ever.

And that's only if you think it's absolutely necessary to make a comment on how boastful a player is... you could always.. you know.. comment on the content rather than the tone.

P.S. I really didn't know if you were talking about LG because what he was saying didn't seem like bragging at all to me. He was using his own circumstances and successes to attack the quality of PUNCH! players, but he wasn't doing it to highlight what he had done. I guess I could see how us talking about any success at all could seem like bragging though, since PUNCH! hasn't done jack shit in months now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ipadmakers was fully capable of growing his villages.. he was just totally surrounded and incredibly outnumbered, and thought it would be a fun experiment to see if any of you were stupid enough to noble a 74 point village for the stats.. (see, because we aren't caught up in trying to augment the stats like you guys are).

idc much about stats tbh, i just like villages :p

DeletedUser

Did I say the presence of Valth and BMF NEGATES the fact that he was bragging slightly? No. I said it's ridiculous to point out LG's slightly boastful tone when there are players around who make LG look like the most gracious, humble guy ever.

And that's only if you think it's absolutely necessary to make a comment on how boastful a player is... you could always.. you know.. comment on the content rather than the tone.

P.S. I really didn't know if you were talking about LG because what he was saying didn't seem like bragging at all to me. He was using his own circumstances and successes to attack the quality of PUNCH! players, but he wasn't doing it to highlight what he had done. I guess I could see how us talking about any success at all could seem like bragging though, since PUNCH! hasn't done jack shit in months now.

You said it was ridiculous. Without further clarification like above, I must infer things from your comments as I can. But really Jack, BMF is banned and I haven't seen Valth post in ages, so your reasoning is pretty slim...

And yes I was talking about LG, but I wasn't being particularly serious. But alas, no one seems to understand my humour. Not surprising, it is rather high class stuff.

DeletedUser37628

Does it? No, no, it does not seem ridiculous. I'm not going to say he doesn't like bragging just because Valth and BMF brag. How does that even make sense? They aren't mutually exclusive...

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold on a sec! Alright, you're asking for this...

Remember when you were upset because I didn't criticize aakash for his part in that debacle? I have not once seen you criticize valth nor bmf for bragging in this forum, so it would seem that you are being hypocritical. That is, unless you'd like to recant your distaste with my original posts about bmf's tact? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold on a sec! Alright, you're asking for this...

Remember when you were upset because I didn't criticize aakash for his part in that debacle? I have not once seen you criticize valth nor bmf for bragging in this forum, so it would seem that you are being hypocritical. That is, unless you'd like to recant your distaste with my original posts about bmf's tact? :icon_biggrin:

Touche, but I have never denied Valth or BMF brag, infact I can remember numerous times when I have engaged both in argument and likely mentioned such. And please, keep your emotional words to yourself. I wasn't upset. Calmir doesn't do upset. ^^

DeletedUser37628

I never denied that what aakash did was wrong, either, but we're all about political correctness around here these days :p

DeletedUser98855

Touche, but I have never denied Valth or BMF brag, infact I can remember numerous times when I have engaged both in argument and likely mentioned such. And please, keep your emotional words to yourself. I wasn't upset. Calmir doesn't do upset. ^^

I get the feeling that you aspire to be, and perhaps think you are, just a tiny bit sharper than you actually are. By sharp I don't mean intelligent, I just mean... you're willing to engage in a pointless fight if you see anything less than 100% precision from anybody else, but you aren't 100% consistent yourself (you can, and do, of course argue otherwise).

DeletedUser

I never denied that what aakash did was wrong, either, but we're all about political correctness around here these days :p

So you didn't. But there is a difference between that situation and this. The issue with BMF and Aakash was intimately entwined, whereas bragging is bragging--an entirely broad topic. Everyone does it. That was part of the humour of my post. To do as you seem to suggest would require that every time I stated someone was bragging, that I go back and also point out everyone who has also bragged in the past. Just 'cause, you know, they all bragged.

Were BMF and Valth actually posting, you would perhaps be correct. But they are not, so the point is rather superfluous.

I get the feeling that you aspire to be, and perhaps think you are, just a tiny bit sharper than you actually are. By sharp I don't mean intelligent, I just mean... you're willing to engage in a pointless fight if you see anything less than 100% precision from anybody else, but you aren't 100% consistent yourself (you can, and do, of course argue otherwise).

And that is based on what? That I apparently expect 100% precision from everybody but that I, myself, aren't 100% consistent? You may be right... but the problem there is that precision =/= consistency.

Of course I am not consistent, I am human. To be human is to contradict, to be hypocritical. And to adapt; which is of course what we are doing a lot of the time when we are contradicting ourselves. Changing our opinion/stance on something because new information or a new context has presented itself.

DeletedUser44759

just out of interest...

who in the opinion of WIN and Punch are the top fighting accounts on both sides...maybe even seperate that down a bit..best sniper, best co-ordinated attacker, etc...and who's the worst, maybe without making a flamefest of it? (maybe even who's scared you most personally in the war?

DeletedUser

interesting idea crabman... in no particular order

Best Of WIN:
Jack Gangly - his attacks are tight (both in nobles and clearing nukes) and efficient. obviously has good timing, and therefore sniping abilities as well.
war-peace - i thought he was overrated for a long time, and im still not sure how he survived when he was a small player. perhaps i just can't imagine him as a small player... but he definitely knows how to use his current size. he will attack big, and keep attacking until he gets the villages he wants. no matter how many nukes or trains it takes.
don mills - i have little (possibly even none) experience fighting against him, but judging by our conversations, he has a pretty good knowledge of how tw works.

Best of PUNCH:
BMF: hes insane, he pisses people off, but under all that he really knows his s***.
Shadow: solid player, and like war-peace he knows how push people around with his overwhelming size. when he hits, he tends to hit hard.
... its kinda hard to do your own tribe... there are a quite a few players who i respect... sifo, andrew, KC, valth, heavy, bupal, serb, hiba (RIP), dia, mista, litanga, i could go through the member list and name the others, but that would get a bit ridiculous...

i'll refrain from naming the worst... for now anyway. i might be more inclined to do so in the future, depending on the responses that i see lol

DeletedUser37628

As far as shear attacking ability goes, only a few have stood out to me, and tbh, none of them are from win because I've never had the chance to defend their attacks lol... But, from punch:

ylarkirikal: Stood out during the defense of the pryde42 account (an op which, I believe, marked the turn in this war), despite lazy trains (tisk tisk)

bmf: like spiders said, he knows his stuff heh

Beyond those two, I haven't really noticed anyone stand out a particularly great deal... Then again, none of you EVER attack me, so I'm probably not in what one would call a front row seat on this matter xD

I do, however, believe there is much more to be said about skill in this game than simply attacking ability. However, mine is probably lacking, mostly because I don't lend enough time to really plan out and execute good ops... Most of my time in game is spent responding to mails xD